I think Iowa has the emotional edge next week.. thanks Bucks.

Iowa just showing up won't be good enough. Wisconsin is a much better team and playing with a chip on them shoulders..

Iowa just showing up won't be good enough. Wisconsin is a much better team and playing with a chip on them shoulders..

By show up.....I mean bring your A game of course. Iowa has a chance, it will be tough, but they do have a chance. Wisconsin may win, but I'm not calling for a blowout. Could be another close slobberknocker.

Next week is a major test for Iowa. But one thing for sure, Wisconsin is legit. Nebraska isn't a top ten team. Wisconsin however, is a top ten team. It would surprise me if any other team besides Wisconsin wins the West this year. Of course I would love to be pleasantly surprised to see Iowa do it. But I don't see how Iowa gets less than 3 losses in conference this year.

Love that the game went into OT and that the Buckeyes won (hurts to say). Seems like a perfect scenario going in to next week. They will probably be a little beat up and are down two games in the conference. Their next two games will be their biggest challenges for the rest of the season (presumably).

This is an interesting series, but Iowa has the upper hand in this game for a few reasons. First off Iowa has the edge in this series going 24-10-1 in the last 35 games. Second this is series of streaks. Neither team has failed to win at least a second game in a row after winning 1 since 1975-1976. That is 40 years! Iowa won last year so that trend favors them to win again.

You guys are drinking some serious koolaid if you think we have any chance to beat Wisconsin. We just played 2 awful teams in Minnesota and Purdue, one of which we scored a whopping 14 points against. We had trouble throwing against both those teams, and their defenses were awful. What makes you think we can throw or run against Wisconsin? Wisconsin will run the ball on us. They did on Ohio State, and anyone can throw us.

You guys are drinking some serious koolaid if you think we have any chance to beat Wisconsin. We just played 2 awful teams in Minnesota and Purdue, one of which we scored a whopping 14 points against. We had trouble throwing against both those teams, and their defenses were awful. What makes you think we can throw or run against Wisconsin? Wisconsin will run the ball on us. They did on Ohio State, and anyone can throw us.

We won't be able to throw against Wisconsin, what else is new? We threw for 77 yards last year vs them, with an INT. Do you think it will be worse than that?

It is funny that some around here think that Iowa games last year were flukes, yet think Wisconsin this year is some dominate team. Wisconsin is 2 plays from being 2-4 right now....they are also 2 plays from being 6-0. College football is very small margins, and I'd bet the Iowa game comes down to the same, 1-3 plays that will determine the game.....Just like in '14 and '15

Next week is a major test for Iowa. But one thing for sure, Wisconsin is legit. Nebraska isn't a top ten team. Wisconsin however, is a top ten team. It would surprise me if any other team besides Wisconsin wins the West this year. Of course I would love to be pleasantly surprised to see Iowa do it. But I don't see how Iowa gets less than 3 losses in conference this year.

Well Wisky might win the west but they are two games behind nebby right now. They play nebby soon at Wisky so that will be a big tell and I agree that Nebby is not top 10 right now.

Last edited:

Have to agree.

Wisconsin's offense showed some versatility against tOSU. I was hoping for their phone booth offense especially with their new QB.

Expect a ton of those jet sweeps. They were successful against OSU, and odds are we'll struggle mightily against them too.

Their QB is accurate, that's also a problem for our defense.

You never know but this is a bad matchup

Expect a ton of those jet sweeps. They were successful against OSU, and odds are we'll struggle mightily against them too.

Their QB is accurate, that's also a problem for our defense.

You never know but this is a bad matchup

I agree on the matchup problems. The DEnds need to get a step into the backfield against that jet sweep action but then that opens a hole off tackle but you have to stop the jet sweep because it has such big yard potential.

I thought Wisky's Off line played really well which could be a deciding factor that OSU didnt get a ton of pressure on the QB and who would have guessed that Wisky starts the game with a long play action pass.

I am drinking the kool aid because I think they have a shot. They have a freshman QB, even though he looks like he is going to be a good one, he is still a freshman. The Iowa run game looks really good now. Iowa will have a chance for 3 or 4 deep shots and they are going have to connect on a couple. I would feel a little better if I knew if Kittle was playing. I know, I know you are asking McCarron or Smith to step up. Is it asking a lot? Yeah, but you are not asking the impossible.

Home game, great crowd, Iowa definitely has a shot.

I can't believe the love some people have for Wisconsin. Playing up against your competition when it's a home night game against OSU is not an indecation of how your team plays week to week. We saw Wisconsin's best possible game last night. If they happen to bring that again (which is highly unlikely) we will probably lose.

On the flip side, how Iowa plays against garbage teams is no indecation of how they will play against Wisconsin. Players get up for big games and tend to coast thru against bad teams. That's just the way it is. One thing's for sure, if we win, a lot of people will be on here talking about Wisconsin being a fraud instead of talking about Iowa being good. Just like Minnesota.