I think i officially dont care

busabus114

Last night was the 1st time ive ever completely ignored an Iowa basketball game. I know the OB was a big reason why but i didnt even check the bball score until after the game.

I feel guilty for not caring anymore but i honestly dont

My interest took a severe spike downward after last night.
It was just a brutal game.

Yes, the OB played its part as I had two screens on, but man, the game was just awful.

What made matters worse was Illinois looked bad... REALLY bad. And Iowa still got smoked. There were a couple possessions for both teams in the second half were I turned to my wife and just started laughing. It's gotten to that point. I had to laugh. It was that bad. And I hate admitting that I did that.

The upcoming game likely won't help anyone's apathy either.

I agree with both of you. I had two TVs going last night in the living room but I might have looked at the BB game for a total of 5 minutes throughout the night. This sucks because I consider college BB my favorite sport followed by college football, the NFL and MLB.

I love Iowa Hawkeye sports, and I shouldn't say I "don't care" on what happens, but hell, I guess I don't care whether they win or lose. I want them to win, but it just doesn't happen, EVER.

Last night was the 1st time ive ever completely ignored an Iowa basketball game. I know the OB was a big reason why but i didnt even check the bball score until after the game.

If the OB wasn't on I would have watched the basketball game, I did check it at one point and it was 4-3, then the next time I flipped over it was 17-3 and I didn't flip over after that.

ditto, completely what I did, even the description of the feeling

Hawks forever, basketball rules ........ Oh, what the He11, where do I sign up for the "I'll stick my head in the sand until this nightmare is over" crowd.

honestly I completely forgot that they even played last night untill I just turned it to the b10 channel and they are replaying it. 31-7 with 4 mins left in the half. Wow, why would the even show this again.

I don't take losses as hard as a few years ago. I don't celebrate wins like I used to either. I used to be so passionate about a game that no one wanted to be in the room with me due to my mood changes as the game progressed. Now I can just sit and watch like I am watching a tennis match. The emotion and passion diminished during the SA era and is not so low during the Lickliter Era that it is disturbing.

I want to love IOWA bb again. I want to get passionate enough to want to throw things at the screen and do some screaming about the game, even if I am in my living room.

I don't like the feeling that IOWA gives me anymore.

Come on Lick, either change and do the job, or get our of here.

I think I am guilty of falling into the "I don't care" crowd. And it sucks. I absolutely hate it because Iowa basketball was my first Hawkeye love. Even before football.

It's scary because I never waivered during Alford. Remained a supporter til the end. But I just can't get excited about this type of ball. I'm a season ticket holder and have to force myself to go to the games I do attend. And admittedly, there have been several that I just chose not to go to.

I definitely won't be a season ticket holder again until a change is made. I know enough about basketball that I'm not going to fall for the "give him some time and results will come" or the "the system will be more entertaining once he gets the right players in the program."

I don't completely blame Barta for the hire. He does deserve some critisism though. I do find it strange that a hiring committee wasn't formed for the basketball hire. After all, it was for the football coach as well as the athletic director position(at least I think it was).

A coaching change needs to happen and we need to do it the right way this time. Because I'm not convinced Barta could do better the second time without some significant help.

At what point will everyone realize that this year is not going to be good. I mean...it's the same post after every game. You can count on Iowa playing will (win or lose) about 1 in 3 or 4 games......and that's it. Don't expect much more. It kills me how much fans don't understand that.

At what point will everyone realize that this year is not going to be good. I mean...it's the same post after every game. You can count on Iowa playing will (win or lose) about 1 in 3 or 4 games......and that's it. Don't expect much more. It kills me how much fans don't understand that.

I think they do understand it. And I think it's up to you whether you want to continue to read it!;) And that fact that this thread exists sort of contradicts the OP's subject. If you didn't care you wouldn't have decided to talk about it. I think people care a lot. And that's why topic surfaces frequently.

I have watched games in the old field house, and any number of venues since then. Was there in the 1980 run to the final four. The dues have been paid to allow me to understand that, Do you understand the depth of the pain we feel for all Hawk fans, and particularly the young men on the team. I can only watch so much carnage before the need to go numb and indifferent must be met.

I knew it was going to be UGLY this year, however I am a basketball fan and will continue to follow the team as it does interest me no matter how UGLY it gets.

However I have friends who state they refuse to watch anymore games because the team is just unwatchable. At this point I really can not blame someone who doesn't want to continue to follow this team. There is college basketball every night of the week, NBA basketball, hockey, or just regular television programs. There is no real reason to continue to follow the team unless you really enjoy basketball, especially Iowa basketball.

You lose fans each year the team is bad. It's not right or wrong it's just the way things are.

I care. I cant not care. I am sick of the product that this coach is giving us, for the poor prep, the poor in game coaching, the whole shebang. I ready for change, it cant come soon enough.

Trust me I'm sure you still care. I'll compare it with other sports, most people don't take time out of their days to watch their other crappy teams play. I don't watch most September Cubs games when they are out of the playoff race. We don't have much time in our lives and we don't want to watch something we love get beat down all the time. Plus, to know that a win doesn't mean much standings wise is painful.

If Iowa has a year where they look like a college basketball team, I'm sure you'll find that love again. I wouldn't feel guilty for not wanting to watch a piece of crap product. That's the University's fault for putting one out there.

I knew it was going to be UGLY this year, however I am a basketball fan and will continue to follow the team as it does interest me no matter how UGLY it gets.

However I have friends who state they refuse to watch anymore games because the team is just unwatchable. At this point I really can not blame someone who doesn't want to continue to follow this team. There is college basketball every night of the week, NBA basketball, hockey, or just regular television programs. There is no real reason to continue to follow the team unless you really enjoy basketball, especially Iowa basketball.

You lose fans each year the team is bad. It's not right or wrong it's just the way things are.

That's it very true, however "fans" that give up when we're bad can just stamp "fairweather" on their chest right next to "bandwagoner". It's just the way it is. No one is saying what is happening is enjoyable, but continuing to make posts about being apathetic gets old.

Latest posts