I saw a glimpse of an offense last night!

IowaFanSince82

We started the game with a lot of screens away from the ball and had a lot of movement to start, we were getting good looks down low and from the 15ft range. We were moving the ball nice and setting good screens.

Then the under 16:00 tv timeout came, and then there was no more movement on the offensive end of the floor? Why did we quit moving and setting screens and running plays? We just moved to set ball screens and that was it?

I will say this, we looked good when we were moving away from the ball and we were hanging tough with Wisky! But then it was like we just stopped, now was that on the players or did Lick want them to do that?

I also have to say, Brommer could be a nice player, but wow does his defense need help!! When that player slipped the screen and dunked it, I just had to laugh! Hopefully he will learn.

Also I am sorry, but Bo Ryan finally did what every big ten coach should of done, he put his best defender on Jon L and made him pay, that first time he got the ball taken from him, I just laughed, I am sorry but you could see it coming!

I thought we started well, but didn't finish the first half! It almost looked like we gave up after the under 12:00 tv timeout! Hopefully we can get through Sunday and Next week and be done and get our ducks in a row and come back next year!

We started the game with a lot of screens away from the ball and had a lot of movement to start, we were getting good looks down low and from the 15ft range. We were moving the ball nice and setting good screens.

Then the under 16:00 tv timeout came, and then there was no more movement on the offensive end of the floor? Why did we quit moving and setting screens and running plays? We just moved to set ball screens and that was it?

I will say this, we looked good when we were moving away from the ball and we were hanging tough with Wisky! But then it was like we just stopped, now was that on the players or did Lick want them to do that?

I also have to say, Brommer could be a nice player, but wow does his defense need help!! When that player slipped the screen and dunked it, I just had to laugh! Hopefully he will learn.

Also I am sorry, but Bo Ryan finally did what every big ten coach should of done, he put his best defender on Jon L and made him pay, that first time he got the ball taken from him, I just laughed, I am sorry but you could see it coming!

I thought we started well, but didn't finish the first half! It almost looked like we gave up after the under 12:00 tv timeout! Hopefully we can get through Sunday and Next week and be done and get our ducks in a row and come back next year!

I know...those 12 pts they put up in the first 16 minutes we're impressive...:confused:

I think it was 8 to 7 after 4 minutes and then they blew us out. I wouldnt call 4 minutes hanging tough

WOW! that is not a good stat to hear. Well I thought our offense was better at the start of the game! Then we just forgot what we were doing and that's when wisky went on their run. I know the shots weren't falling, but when you settle for 3's all the time, you are going to have off nights. Wisky' size also played a role, fuller is WAY undersized in the post and it showed last night getting his shot blocked multiple times. Hopefully we can re-group this off season and get some new players in here and hopefully be better! The only way we go now is UP. We have hit rock bottom!

Iowa scored 1 FG (and just 2 pts) from 16:34 left until somewhere under 7 minutes to go in the first half.

Two. Points. In a 10 minute span.

I think it was 8 to 7 after 4 minutes and then they blew us out. I wouldnt call 4 minutes hanging tough

Well I thought we looked good on the offensive end to start the game. If you watch the game again you will see when were with-in 5pts of them we were running away from the ball there was a lot of movement from our players. Screens to set up shooters and a lot of good looks.

When wisky made their run, watch our offense then, no movement, ball screen after ball screen and post feed down low to Fuller who was 5 inches smaller than his defender. We just stood there and did nothing. We settled for the deep 3 or a crazy forced shot by gatens or payne.

What scares some of us though FanSince82 is that we have been hearing we've hit rock bottom the last three years and then the next season has been even worse.

Make no mistake...the abyss is deeper than you might think. We could very well plunge even further down it.

I know...those 12 pts they put up in the first 16 minutes we're impressive...:confused:

Did you not read my post? I said we looked good up until the under 16:00 time out. We had a good flow to the game, we were moving around on the offensive end and setting a lot of screens away from the ball. We played a good 4min of basketball, now hopefully Coach Lick watches that film and gets the players to play like that for a full 40min.

I also said we didn't finish the half, we started out good and then lost it at the under 16:00 timeout.

Iowa hasn't played 40 full minutes of bb since Lickliter has been at Iowa. What makes anyone think they will start next year?

Did you not read my post? I said we looked good up until the under 16:00 time out. We had a good flow to the game, we were moving around on the offensive end and setting a lot of screens away from the ball. We played a good 4min of basketball, now hopefully Coach Lick watches that film and gets the players to play like that for a full 40min.

I also said we didn't finish the half, we started out good and then lost it at the under 16:00 timeout.

I'm certainly no basketball guru, but is there a chance Bo Ryan made some defensive adjustments in that under-16:00 t.v. timeout to disrupt what we were doing on offense?

4 minutes of good basketball. Now it's the other 36 we've got to figure out. Brutal.

yeah.. another moral victory.. hanging tough for a couple of minutes.. I heard the score and didn't watch the DVR..

Yeah they started switching on screens and that caused us a little bit of havoc. But after they started switching we just went back to ball screen after ball screen. When we run our offense away from the ball (meaning movement and setting screens.) You are bound to get a mis-match somewhere!

What I would really like to see is Iowa actually run a pick n roll. We don't even do that right, we had several mis-matches last night that we did not exploit during the game! Wisconsin did exploit our switches, Iowa just settled for a deep 3 and praying it went in.

I am also getting sick of players running away from the ball and hiding in the corner! Last night Eric may had a perfect chance a one on one with Hughes, and he passed it up to payne and ran to the other side of the court and let payne and cole go two man game. Eric needs to put the ball on the floor and attack the rim more! I think if he improves that over the off-season, he will be a GREAT ball player.

I am also getting sick of players running away from the ball and hiding in the corner! Last night Eric may had a perfect chance a one on one with Hughes, and he passed it up to payne and ran to the other side of the court and let payne and cole go two man game. Eric needs to put the ball on the floor and attack the rim more! I think if he improves that over the off-season, he will be a GREAT ball player.

If May had done that I would have expected Lick to pull him immediately and light into him for not working the ball around.

Latest posts