I remember hearing before the season..

vegashawki

About CJF and how well he had been doing, mismatches he creates, and all these great new routes... I don't understand why he is doesn't get utilized more. I mean it the guy catches the ball at the line of scrimmage and falls forward with arms extended he is good for about 3 yds. I know he was seen decent action in other games, but in a game like yesterday with crappy conditions I would think short/quick passes would be effective? Atleast in the redzone?

It's baffled me all year, the TE production. I don't know if the teams we are playing are taking away the TE's or at least down field or what. I noticed seeing Duzey in the game most at the end of the game. I kept seeing big #87 in motion. All we heard about all summer is the skill & depth of the TE's & they don't seem to be showing up consistently on Saturdays to this point.

Progression. Unless the TE is primary, or a dump off, it is unlikely JV will get to him in the progression.

That being said, I have been watching CJF and they are really using him as a third tackle. And when he does go out, he is primarily running short hook routes and getting lots of attention. This is one reason the slot is always open.

JVB just needs to be consistent and make teams pay for putting so much attention on CJF and things will loosen up. Then I expect you will see some seam routes.

Our TE's have been open a lot (particularly CJ) and JVB doesn't throw them the ball. So many times CJ has been wide open in the middle of the field, especially in situations where there is no safety over the top, and JVB doesn't even look his way. Watching the replay from yesterday, there were at least 3 times that CJ was wide open and didn't get the ball thrown his way. It is no coincidence that our TE play appeared to be weak last year as well, Stanzi relied a lot on the TE and JVB seems to not even realize they are on the field.

As many times as CJF and the other tight ends have broken open deep while Vandy checks down underneath this year, I think their stats should be viewed with an asterisk.

Just this game alone CJF was wide open in the middle of the field on the drive after MSU shanked the punt and he could have walked into the endzone but Vandy decided to throw to a covered TE for no gain. Then on the drive that ended in Weisman's touchdown, CJF was open in the back of the endzone but Vandy chose to keep it.

I believe CJF has developed into such a good blocker that he has become more valuable doing that. Another poster said using him as a "third tackle" . That is what I see as well.

Another theory is that JVB is jealous of all that preseason publicity that CJF was getting and said hell no, I am the senior QB , big fella, no passes to you. Just a theory.

I believe CJF has developed into such a good blocker that he has become more valuable doing that. Another poster said using him as a "third tackle" . That is what I see as well.

Another theory is that JVB is jealous of all that preseason publicity that CJF was getting and said hell no, I am the senior QB , big fella, no passes to you. Just a theory.

Thowing completions to CJ would halp vandy's stats too....

Our TE's have been open a lot (particularly CJ) and JVB doesn't throw them the ball. So many times CJ has been wide open in the middle of the field, especially in situations where there is no safety over the top, and JVB doesn't even look his way. Watching the replay from yesterday, there were at least 3 times that CJ was wide open and didn't get the ball thrown his way. It is no coincidence that our TE play appeared to be weak last year as well, Stanzi relied a lot on the TE and JVB seems to not even realize they are on the field.

With CJ everyone's been expecting the second-coming of Dallas Clark. But the way JVB sees the field or doesn't see the field that ain't happening this year either. I'd go for one or two great receiving plays by the TE per game. Even that's asking too much it seems. However it's not for lack of talent @ the TE position.

Is there anyway of viewing the games from an endzone view? I'd love to see some film, but it's difficult from the broadcast view.

I remember hearing before the season that JVB was going to get drafter and how great he was last year and how I was a moron for suggesting otherwise.

We all hear lots of things is the point.

It is a combination of JVB not looking his way enough, and defenses giving him a lot of attention. One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough, as a couple other posters have said, is how good of a blocker CJF has developed into. He will be drafted high regardless of his college production just because of his blocking.

Hopefully having JVB as a QB will pay off in one way: Keeping CJF around for his senior season. He could have a big year next year with a competent QB throwing him the ball.

All due respect Boss anyone saying he wouldnt get.drafted after last season was being just as dumb as someone saying he will get.drafted now.

All due respect Boss anyone saying he wouldnt get.drafted after last season was being just as dumb as someone saying he will get.drafted now.

I disagree vehemently!

Anyone thinking that he would get drafted last year was a stat slut, and not watching games.

Latest posts