I really don't understand this board >__>

I understand not being elated. Given the past two hires. But every coach brings something different to the table. So I don't think we should be burning Barta at the stake. What big name would have taken the job? Really? Think about it. Let the guy coach and be supportive, you don't have to be excited, but you haven't even given him a chance yet.

Herkey, first of all everyone was saying on this board that the hire HAD to be either a big name or an Assistant from another big program obviously this did not happen. So Barta goes to the mid major ranks and this is the best he can get? He is 50 years old and has been coaching at the mid major level for the past 25 years. Yeah ok, Tom Davis was 49 but at least he came from Stanford. There were Izzo coaches to consider, Ben Jacobson, and this is the best Barta can come up with? If you are going to the mid major ranks at least get a young up and coming guy that has loads of potential.

I REALLY hope this hire was not a product of how bad the Iowa program has fallen.

Latest posts