I really dislike NFL OT rules.

The college OT is more fair since each team get's an offensive possesion to score. The NFL OT is designed to shorten the game (one overtime) so that we can watch 60 Minutes in it's entirety right after the game.

Both teams would have had a chance to win, and they both would have failed if the game was still tied. At that point it would make more sense to go to sudden death. You still haven't provided any reasoning for why NFL OT rules are better by a mile. Instead of smart-*** responses you should back-up your opinion instead of being a d-bag about other people's opinions.

Opinions are like a-holes. I think the NFL's system is better than college's. You think the opposite. I'm right and you also think you are.

if you lose the toss your qb can touch the ball. 1) stop the other team on defense. 2) onside kick and recover it. college rules are tough on the defense. at least start on your own 40 so you actually have to gain yds to score.

plus the stats in college ot shouldnt count because in 3 or 4 ots and all of a sudden a qb that threw for 300 yds has like 400. not tell tale of how the game was.

If the receiving team kicks a FG in their first possession then the kicking team will receive a kickoff and have an opportunity to score. If a TD or no score then normal OT rules apply.

I thought the rule change was to ANY score in the opening possession allowed the other team to get a possession, not just a FG.

The more I think about, the more I realize that this version of the rule makes no effing sense whatsoever.

That's not untrue. Just because the NFL's OT is a billion times better than college's doesn't mean it's perfect.

College's overtime is like starting the tenth inning with a runner on third base and starting every batter with a 3-0 count.

NFL's OT can't even sniff the College's OT jock strap, that is just how badly the NFL's OT blows chunks...it is not even close how stupid NFL is over this.

College OT rules are entertaining but very dumb - they inflate the stats of the offenses badly.

Neither system is perfect but the college one is pretty gimicky.

Latest posts