I really dislike NFL OT rules.

hawkfan1319

I really hate that they don't give the other team the chance to retaliate. Basically if you win the toss you win the game in OT.

The rule has been changed this year:

If the receiving team kicks a FG in their first possession then the kicking team will receive a kickoff and have an opportunity to score. If a TD or no score then normal OT rules apply.

Example: Broncos scored a TD in the opening possession so Pitt will not have an opportunity to receive the ball. If they would have held them to a FG then they would have received the ball.

God loves Tebow.

Should just adapt the college rules and start from the 40 instead of the 25, would be a lot more entertaining from a fans sake instead of possibly 1 play and done.

I also dislike the NFL rules. I think each team should get at least one shot regardless if the other team kicks a field goal or scores a TD. I do think it's kind of crap that if you lose the coin toss you can lose the game without ever getting an offensive possession. It's lame in my opinion. I love college OT rules.

I like the NFL's OT system better than college's. College OT is pretty stupid.

How is college OT stupid? It's far more exciting than the anti-climatic NFL OT. Oh, look, the other team scored, the game's over. College OT >>>> NFL OT all day long, and twice on Sunday.

How is college OT stupid? It's far more exciting than the anti-climatic NFL OT. Oh, look, the other team scored, the game's over. College OT >>>> NFL OT all day long, and twice on Sunday.

College football isn't played on Sunday's.

Dont blame the NFL OT rules because Pitt laid an epic egg. If they had played defense like the #1 team in the league that wouldve been very interesting.

You know what I find boring? When in college OT a team turns it over or misses a FG and the other team kicks the game winner on their 2nd play just because they were lucky enough to win the coin flip and start on d

If you don't like football, it probably *is* "exciting".

I agree, way better imo.

We should do soccer rules and declare it a tie and the game must be replayed next week.

I'm here to tell some of you that I'll see you in court.

I don't understand why it is so freaking hard for the NFL to just say, "Look, each team gets 1 possession. After that, first to hold a lead wins."

Each team's QB touches the ball, no gimmicks, just football. But the league just can't get out of it's own damn way.

I'm sorry but no one will ever be able to explain to me why it makes sense to play 60 minutes with one set of rules, and then play with a different set for overtime. It's idiotic.

Last edited:

Latest posts