I miss Ed Hinkel

WildTurkey

He was a stud. I would take him in an instant to compliment Keenan and K-MM.

I was at the Minny game for his 4 TDs. I think he was still wearing a big cast on his arm. Great game for him and the Hawks!
His one handed catch for a TD against Michigan? was an amazing top ten play. I only have good memories of Ed and his time at Iowa.

I was at the Minny game for his 4 TDs. I think he was still wearing a big cast on his arm. Great game for him and the Hawks!
His one handed catch for a TD against Michigan? was an amazing top ten play. I only have good memories of Ed and his time at Iowa.

Wasn't that his senior day? I was their too, and nothing tops leaving Kinnick for the last time to the chants of Eddy, Eddy...

This is a post in the football forum. It's not in the Chuckle Hut forum. To the posters replying with failed attempts at humor, take it to the Off Topic forum

Hinkel is a guy who you could find a place for every year. You'd definitely want to have a few more players around him who can stretch the field, though.

What Chuck Long did in 1985 was something with Helverson (56) and Happel (54) catches as the 1-2 receivers...Harmon caught 60 for just under 700 yards out of the backfield, and then Flagg had 28...Helverson did average over 16 yards a catch, tho

I still have my Hinkel jersey from high school. He's my second favorite Hawkeye, behind only Bob Sanders.

With all this Garmon sh## and the stuff that has happened the last few years, I miss the players like Hinkel, hard working clean nosed, making the most out of there talent. Hell give me a Marcus Schnoor, Matt Malloy any day of the week. I was just thinking the other day that Hinkel gave up on a pro career to soon, I was watching and NFL replay and was thinking, hell if that guy could make it Ed Hinkel certainly had a place in the NFL, but maybe his heart wasn't in it. Is he a teacher or something now?

His ability to field punts that bounced in front of him was nothing short of spectacular. His sense of where the ball would go after hitting the turf was uncanny and he could pick it ala Omar Visquel.

His ability to field punts that bounced in front of him was nothing short of spectacular. His sense of where the ball would go after hitting the turf was uncanny and he could pick it ala Omar Visquel.

Ochoa wasn't bad at that either, after Ochoa/Hinkel I thought Iowa would always have a guy like those 2 on the roster. After the '06 season you realized that wasn't the case.:(

Latest posts