I miss Basabe

I think he's back. For all the struggles of RDM and JO, Mel has been right on.
(Just sub Gessell in for Marble on my last lineup request, thanks)

Not any lineup changes that are going to have a significant impact on the outcome of game IMO. The team is who they are and guys who have scuffled thus far, aren't going to go Jimmer because they start or come off the bench. I do think that getting McCabe, May, and Oglesby more looks from 2 will help. May has developed a nice pull up jumper in the lane. McCabe looks better ball-faking, taking two dribbles and shooting a 15 footer than launching under pressure on the arc and Oglesby needs to make some shots to get into a rhythm. I would add Basabe, as he has developed a nice mid range stroke as well. It's nuts to have Marble go 1-10 and Oglesby 3-14 or whatever and think you are going to win games. We are a very limited team offensively and need to value the ball more and get better possessions. The shot selection at WI was awful at times, with guys launching shots 10 seconds into the shot clock while we had a lead.

Not any lineup changes that are going to have a significant impact on the outcome of game IMO. The team is who they are and guys who have scuffled thus far, aren't going to go Jimmer because they start or come off the bench. I do think that getting McCabe, May, and Oglesby more looks from 2 will help. May has developed a nice pull up jumper in the lane. McCabe looks better ball-faking, taking two dribbles and shooting a 15 footer than launching under pressure on the arc and Oglesby needs to make some shots to get into a rhythm. I would add Basabe, as he has developed a nice mid range stroke as well. It's nuts to have Marble go 1-10 and Oglesby 3-14 or whatever and think you are going to win games. We are a very limited team offensively and need to value the ball more and get better possessions. The shot selection at WI was awful at times, with guys launching shots 10 seconds into the shot clock while we had a lead.

Have I missed something?

Basabe is playing very well and would look even better if Marble was playing better and attracting attention when he drove to the basket allowing him to roam in space more, same for White.

It isn't all Marble though, Iowa needs someone to attract that attention.

Latest posts