I loved Connor's quote after the game....

I doubt if he’s saying much about the game. Who is going to listen to a four point average guard.

Now if he’s talking to them about baseball
He’s not playing PG, so it’s worse, he’s a 4 pt PF. That said, If I’m CMac, 2 sport athlete in the B1G, dad is the coach, rich family, team ranked in the top 25 the past 2 seasons.... I’m probably a pretty cocky fucker

Last edited:
Also, I know it's fun to hate on Connor for Iowa fans because he doesn't score, but HOW F'd would this team be right now if he couldn't play the 4 as well as he's been doing. Who else is going to play it? How lucky is Iowa to have a kid who can play every position on the floor? Who can move from the 4 to the 1 in a single possession? Who else is playing the 4 at this point if it wasn't for Connor? Cordell? He not only knows how to play every position on the court, half the time he's lining up other guys. He's a coach on the floor and frankly I think only idiots want him to lose minutes. We've been a top 25 team for the most part since he started playing. I get that he's not the main contributor to that but he's a big part of the glue that makes it.

Also, I know it's fun to hate on Connor for Iowa fans because he doesn't score, but HOW F'd would this team be right now if he couldn't play the 4 as well as he's been doing. Who else is going to play it? How lucky is Iowa to have a kid who can play every position on the floor? Who can move from the 4 to the 1 in a single possession? Who else is playing the 4 at this point if it wasn't for Connor? Cordell? He not only knows how to play every position on the court, half the time he's lining up other guys. He's a coach on the floor and frankly I think only idiots want him to lose minutes. We've been a top 25 team for the most part since he started playing. I get that he's not the main contributor to that but he's a big part of the glue that makes it.
Exactly.... We just don't have another option frankly. And the kid being as smart as he is coaches kid and all the clichés that goes with being that are exactly why he's able to make it work. Because he's not an incredible athlete. He's not a great shooter. He's not the biggest dude. He plays the game with his head. Would it be nice if he'd hit a 3 now and then? You bet it would. But we don't beat Wisconsin without him. We don't win consistently at all without him. He's kinda taken the swiss army knife role of what Baer did. Just with a different twist to it.

Towards the end of the game... when Joe T was bringing up the ball, Connor was getting instruction from dad and met Joe T with it.
Solid... it is very nice having an athletic coach on the floor.
The Hawkeyes probably don’t win games like this without a player like Connor.

We all know Connor is short on talent when it comes to offensive scoring skills, However he is not short on heart and knowledge and for this team he adds a lot when you are short on players. His mental toughness is in line with Joe T and Luka and that is whats propelling the team at home. We will now see if that translates to the road, which will really define what kind of team this is. Its not just nice to win at home, but its mandatory if you want to play in the postseason.

BTW, is this D-Bag from Wisky really not going to be punished by the league for clearly junk punching Connor?

I do seem to recall that Woodbury was accused of being dirty with his eye poking habit a few years back and I do not remember anything happening to him other than Dockshit giving him the business on tv. I guess it has to be blatant for the league to step in.

BTW, is this D-Bag from Wisky really not going to be punished by the league for clearly junk punching Connor?

I do seem to recall that Woodbury was accused of being dirty with his eye poking habit a few years back and I do not remember anything happening to him other than Dockshit giving him the business on tv. I guess it has to be blatant for the league to step in.

Might be but I'd rather take my chances with the guy trying to rake my eye then be on the receiving end of a well placed berry buster.

I love Connor and the intangibles he brings to the team....toughness, grit, basketball IQ, etc. He's also a good rebounder and a fairly savvy defender given his athletic limitations. The only thing with him that drives me crazy is he takes way too many 3's for as poor of a shooter as he is. He's a big enough guy that he should be getting into the lane and trying to get to the basket or draw the foul.

I love Connor and the intangibles he brings to the team....toughness, grit, basketball IQ, etc. He's also a good rebounder and a fairly savvy defender given his athletic limitations. The only thing with him that drives me crazy is he takes way too many 3's for as poor of a shooter as he is. He's a big enough guy that he should be getting into the lane and trying to get to the basket or draw the foul.
His three point shot is kind of like a push, with a short stroke, like a dart throw, little back spin...he needs to find a college coach to help him work on it. He has lots of the intangibles that make for a winning team, however. For as much as he struggles to even get close with the three, he shoots way too much, IMHO.

When Connor shoots the three, I cringe. When CJ puts it up, I expect it to go in.

I get what you dudes are saying about him taking too many 3's - but with exception of a few times, most of them have come within the offense or when he's had to take a last second shot to beat the clock (earlier in the year, thankfully that doesn't appear to still be a thing we are trying to do). If he's THAT open, he has to take em IMO. I mean, he has to. Last year he passed em up and it really did hurt our offense at times. He's shot pretty poorly the last few weeks and even with that he's just a tick under 30%. I hope he keeps pulling the trigger cause IMO, they're gonna start falling.

His three point shot is kind of like a push, with a short stroke, like a dart throw, little back spin...he needs to find a college coach to help him work on it. He has lots of the intangibles that make for a winning team, however. For as much as he struggles to even get close with the three, he shoots way too much, IMHO.

When Connor shoots the three, I cringe. When CJ puts it up, I expect it to go in.
Yeah his stroke with how he has his elbow and all isn't smooth at all. It's easy to see why his outside shot is inconsistent. Man if he could shoot 35% or better the impact that would have on this team would be unreal. So for now we can only hope he has good shot selection and hopefully improves...

Yeah his stroke with how he has his elbow and all isn't smooth at all. It's easy to see why his outside shot is inconsistent. Man if he could shoot 35% or better the impact that would have on this team would be unreal. So for now we can only hope he has good shot selection and hopefully improves...

I don't think it would matter much if he shot 35% or 29%. For one, he doesn't shoot often enough for it to make that big of a difference. For two, he was shooting 35% untio his recent slump and we haven't lost during his slump.

giphy.gif
At first, I thought that kid was going to shoot himself in the face.

You know, when Davison is in his mid thirties, and hanging around State Street in Madison trying to impress the college crowd reminiscing about his glory years, wonder how he will explain his signature move was nut crunching? What a putz. I know the Badgers make no secret of their defense, always have, but I have to wonder if Bo Ryan would have tolerated it? I do not follow the Badgers close enough to recall if they had similar player antics.

to answer your questions: 1) he'll be out of the closet by then. 2) Yes.

honestly a good point. CM has really saved our asses on the defensive end. if not for CM, we'd be reliant on Pemsl to have to be consistent. now, CM has been able to bridge the gap at the 4 (defensively) until we can rotate both LG and RK onto the floor, situationally.

I get what you dudes are saying about him taking too many 3's - but with exception of a few times, most of them have come within the offense or when he's had to take a last second shot to beat the clock (earlier in the year, thankfully that doesn't appear to still be a thing we are trying to do). If he's THAT open, he has to take em IMO. I mean, he has to. Last year he passed em up and it really did hurt our offense at times. He's shot pretty poorly the last few weeks and even with that he's just a tick under 30%. I hope he keeps pulling the trigger cause IMO, they're gonna start falling.
As poor as he is at the three pointers to this point, he sure seems to want to shoot it, which I don't mind, a competitor who thinks "he can" rather than wilting with "I can't make it."

Recently his shots haven't even landed in the impact area. That said, he brings some nice tools to a winning type team and attitude. And, if he has a little trash talk in him, like Larry Bird, well that's nice to have too.

As a side-note, I really think that Toussaint has brought some snark into the team. He always is out there playing and walking around with the "don't dare mess with me" look and demeanor.

As poor as he is at the three pointers to this point, he sure seems to want to shoot it, which I don't mind, a competitor who thinks "he can" rather than wilting with "I can't make it."

Recently his shots haven't even landed in the impact area. That said, he brings some nice tools to a winning type team and attitude. And, if he has a little trash talk in him, like Larry Bird, well that's nice to have too.

As a side-note, I really think that Toussaint has brought some snark into the team. He always is out there playing and walking around with the "don't dare mess with me" look and demeanor.
Yep, JT plays like he’s pissed

honestly a good point. CM has really saved our asses on the defensive end. if not for CM, we'd be reliant on Pemsl to have to be consistent. now, CM has been able to bridge the gap at the 4 (defensively) until we can rotate both LG and RK onto the floor, situationally.

If there is one thing Pemsl has been, its consistent.

Latest posts