I love Fran......but

Are there any decent places close to the arena to eat? We're not staying overnight, it'll be a down and back trip.

Honest Abes downtown is one of the best burger places they have around there. Nothing fancy, just a good burger. I get one call The Thor - it has roasted Brussel Sprouts and it's money.

That's probably a drive from the stadium, but only about a 5 minute drive. Much longer walk I wouldn't advise in the winter.

If I was going to suggest a restaurant that was in the Haymarket district, which is all those bars and restaurants that are surrounding Pinnacle Bank - I would suggest Leadbelly - which is also a burger place, but a little fancier atmosphere than Abes.

Leadbelly is like 2 blocks from the stadium, you can walk it

I like burgers lol

Considering that we were a fatigued team after Duke and Iowa State in 3 days

With 2 injured Starters and an inadequate bench

Playing the always-tough badgers to overtime

And losing by 3 is not shameful

I was proud of the fight in the Lads and the never say die attitude

:cool:

God Huck, I hope you are right. Heading down to Lincoln in a few weeks. I've been down there at least a dozen times since they joined the BT and I think I've only witnessed 1 win. And we've had some great teams and they've had some that probably shouldn't be playing D1 basketball. This year they are decent, could be close to a Q1 game by then.

Huck may be a little overconfident. Penn St. beat a very good Illinois team in Champaign and Nebraska should have beat Purdue. IMO, they probably split those two games. Since you and Fry will be in attendance let’s hope the W comes against Nebraska.:)

Huck may be a little overconfident. Penn St. beat a very good Illinois team in Champaign and Nebraska should have beat Purdue. IMO, they probably split those two games. Since you and Fry will be in attendance let’s hope the W comes against Nebraska.:)
Nebraska won at Creighton and they’ve been in a tail spin ever since. They lost their best player (CU) and they lost to BYU (sub 200) and can’t buy a win. Teams go through ruts, injury etc. Looks like a lot of good teams in a similar boat as us this year. Another year of parity it appears, we gotta get healthy.

Nebraska won at Creighton and they’ve been in a tail spin ever since. They lost their best player (CU) and they lost to BYU (sub 200) and can’t buy a win. Teams go through ruts, injury etc. Looks like a lot of good teams in a similar boat as us this year. Another year of parity it appears, we gotta get healthy.

I just don't want them 0-3 going into the Indiana game. Then you are asking KM to be the "savior" and I don't like that scenario.

Latest posts