I love Fran......but

Iceman

You can't get a tech in the last five minutes of a tight game. Those points off free throws may have been the difference tonight

You can't get a tech in the last five minutes of a tight game. Those points off free throws may have been the difference tonight
It's possible the T made the refs not call a foul when Perkins stole the ball at the end of regulation before the game tying 3. It's also possible the blown call at the end of the Purdue game played a part in that no call. I'm not saying Perkins did foul there. I'm just saying officials normally auto call a foul in that situation.

Agreed. The leader of the ship can’t make that mistake. Makes Franny just as culpable for the loss as the consecutive turnovers in OT.

Yeah one would wish he took that earlier in the game... I don't blame it for the loss at all though. We had our chances. Especially in OT. But even before that. We wasted so many possessions taking bad shots. Wisky is known for that. Taking you out of what you want to do. But man we needed to be more patient. We seemed to jack up shots just to try and speed them up. Granted if we'd have hit even just a few more it'd have made all the difference.

It’s also possible that the T sparked a tired team to force the game to overtime. The fact that Iowa got it to overtime means that the T absolutely had no impact on the game. Home dumb and lazy is the T cost Iowa take when it factually did not? There’s no argument that can say it did. It didn’t, Iowa tied the game after that to force an extra 5 minutes of playing time in game that looked lost before the T.

Last edited:
Iowa lost because it was without 2 of its biggest contributors to the team. The rest of the team put up a pretty good effort. They played tough and never gave up but this team is not very good without those 2 players. You can say that about every team in the country, so it’s not really an indictment on the program.

It’s also possible that the T sparked a tired team to force the game to overtime. The fact that Iowa got it to overtime means that the T absolutely had no impact on the game. Home dumb and lazy is the T cost Iowa take when it factually did not. There’s no argument that can say it did. It didn’t, Iowa tied the game after that to force an extra 5 minutes of playing time in game that looked lost before the T.
I think it absolutely did that. I also thought the refs did him a solid and didn't T him up a 2nd time. Which tells you that the refs knew Fran was in the right. Fran was out there in the middle of the court mean mugging longer then he shoulda been I thought but glad they didn't T him up again.

Fran's a psycho I get it, he goes at the refs...but I personally love it. He is the exact fire I want as a HC

His T was very tame. He made a mad face. Oh no. Let's not make him out to be Juwan Howard, Mickey Joseph or Chris Beard.

Fran's a psycho I get it, he goes at the refs...but I personally love it. He is the exact fire I want as a HC

His T was very tame. He made a mad face. Oh no. Let's not make him out to be Juwan Howard, Mickey Joseph or Chris Beard.
There's a method to his madness. He doesn't just do it because he's pissed off. I mean or else why wouldn't he do it literally every game before halftime? He does it strategically I think for when he really thinks his guys are getting screwed over and or when he wants to put a fire in the belly of his guys. It's usually double meaning sort of thing.

I had no issue with Fran getting T'ed up. The refs were letting Wisky get away with murder the entire game. The announcer kid from Purdue was even commenting on the bad calls, especially the elbow to the face call.

Fran got his point across. He got his team fired up. They came back and damn near won the game playing only walkons and family members. That loss was not on Fran or the T.

I had no issue with Fran getting T'ed up. The refs were letting Wisky get away with murder the entire game. The announcer kid from Purdue was even commenting on the bad calls, especially the elbow to the face call.

Fran got his point across. He got his team fired up. They came back and damn near won the game playing only walkons and family members. That loss was not on Fran or the T.
And as much as we talk about foul calls balance out, go both ways, etc., tagging Wisc for the flagrant 1 on Rebraca's chin music would have affected the dynamics of the game. That kid probably would have had to play a little differently the rest of the game. That's bigger than simply picking up another foul.

How they didn't call that, I don't know. When they showed the replay and you see the little elbow first, almost like sizing him up or finding the range, then reloading and letting fly with the elbow...what crap.

I’m over it. Gotta get at least a split with PSU/Nebraska. Those 2 road games won’t be easy.

Its all OK Fran has to coach up this team to get any post season ops. Breaks will go for and against us.At home gutty efforts can steal a win...on the road will take alot more than that...we are road kill even with everyone on this roster healthy.

We will beat PSU and Nebr.
God Huck, I hope you are right. Heading down to Lincoln in a few weeks. I've been down there at least a dozen times since they joined the BT and I think I've only witnessed 1 win. And we've had some great teams and they've had some that probably shouldn't be playing D1 basketball. This year they are decent, could be close to a Q1 game by then.

God Huck, I hope you are right. Heading down to Lincoln in a few weeks. I've been down there at least a dozen times since they joined the BT and I think I've only witnessed 1 win. And we've had some great teams and they've had some that probably shouldn't be playing D1 basketball. This year they are decent, could be close to a Q1 game by then.
I'll be there with my kid.