I just don't get it

This site is one giant personal attack on Kirk.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

The team did win 8 games in 2010.

But I seriously don't think people are clear about that 2010 team.

The D line was good, but the linebackers were dismal. Seriously, Iowa was starting a TRUE FRESHMAN at middle linebacker!

The team lost two close games, with one being a night game in Arizona, and a close loss to Wisky that included a converted fake punt.

Then they lose MacMillan and Gettis and end up starting a small walk-on 5th year senior who just got rolled for three straight games next to a small first year starter at center. And OH Yeah, they replaced 4 freaking fifths of the offensive line! Including 2 draft picks. And Tony Mo.

On top of that the RB situation had imploded.

Seriously, it was like 2005 all over again. People were fooled by preseason polls, but paid no attention to what was lost from the prior season.

Seriously.

I agree with you that Iowa has lost a ton, but the frustrating part is the competition has also been down. Iowa had games won, just like last Saturday, but found ways to lose them even when it seems impossible. And let's face it, there were a couple of games that Iowa was very very lucky to win (i.e. Indiana dropped pass in the endzone.)
Maybe I should except the fact that under KF, most of Iowa's games are going to be close. The good years we win most of them and get anywhere from 8-10 wins, the bad years, 6 or 7 (or less this year.) My problem is, if we are going to play close games, we can't have coaching mistakes cost us games, and if you don't think coaching mistakes have cost us games, then you're not paying attention.

I was never an NFL fan until these last few seasons of Iowa football. I just got so fed up with the acceptance program wide of average football, that I needed something else. It's almost like the program cares more about it's allegiance to Coach Ferentz and the guys he sends to the NFL than it does winning. After 14 seasons and such a huge contract, it's blows my mind that these kind of results are tolerated. I could care less what anyone thinks, if we want to win again, Kirk needs to go. To many bad seasons for this guy to be held in such high what others think regard.

I'd assume if you could care less about what others think, then you have immediately withdrawn from HN & anything to do with it. I'm wondering then, why so many of HN fans, would bother to comment on you post. Ah,I know why: You do care! Are you just a phoney poster, probably a cyclone, rabble rouser. Prove me wrong!

I'd assume if you could care less about what others think, then you have immediately withdrawn from HN & anything to do with it. I'm wondering then, why so many of HN fans, would bother to comment on you post. Ah,I know why: You do care! Are you just a phoney poster, probably a cyclone, rabble rouser. Prove me wrong!

Hows he supposed to prove you wrong? Youre not a thinker are you?

Just my opinion, but I enjoyed having him during the great years and I'm not going to throw him under the bus during the bad ones. I get that many feel we've become mediocre, and that he makes the same stupid mistakes game in and game out. I truly understand that line of thinking, however I've said it before and I'll say it again, his philosophy has remained consistent and very little has changed about him. Unfortunately our style of play keeps us in games and the main difference is the bad years we don't execute and nothing seems to go our way and the good years everything seems to go our way and we do execute well enough to get the wins.
Unfortunately, I don't think Iowa is, will ever be, or ever was a team that is head and shoulders above the competition. I think it's as simply as catching a break here and there or making or not making one or two plays a game that ultimately have given us the great seasons and the one's people look back on and point fingers. We play a simple style of football that may be predictable, but keeps every game competitive. We've won games we shouldn't have and we've lost games we shouldn't have. Call me stupid, but he's obviously done something to raise the bar as what we as fans consider successful, and I think this program's more than capable of getting back to that point.

Bottom line is, enough is enough. Iowa fans have gotten so lazy. Stand up and demad better! We have had two dissapointing seasons in a row and heading for an even worse third. Handle it how you will, but I chose not to support my program being average as many on here do. If we can send so many guys to the NFL, why can't we win with them at the college level?????? Because in game of coaching! The bottom line is whether we win, not how many guys we send to the NFL. Congratulations Hawk fans, we have officially become completely irrelevant in the landscape of college football.

Lazy? Should we give up season tickets? Stop watching the games on TV? Stop buying Hawk merchandise? Call our Congressman? If you choose not to support your program, then don't. Go cheer for the Huskers then. People like to bring up back to back losses to Minnesota and ISU and the recent loss to CMU as evidence of something. Have you also forgotten all the wins against Penn State and Michigan? The bowl wins over SEC teams that were supposed to be so much better than we were? You see Kirk was the coach of all those games too.

How do we get to 8-10+ win seasons each and every year? My guess would be to start with recruiting. Where are all the blue-chippers? Not in Iowa, that's for sure. They are mainly in the South (Florida, Texas, Cali, etc). Why on earth would a kid from those locations ever want to come to Iowa, or any Midwestern school for that matter? I know this is hard to believe for a lot of you but Iowa is boring. Iowa City is one of (if not the) smallest cities in the B10, it's in the middle of nowhere and it's COLD. KF and staff face an uphill battle to bring top athletes this way. That's why we have to make due with mostly unheralded athletes, with a few blue chippers sprinkled in. Unfortunately that means the occasional rebuilding/mediocre season. It sucks but we are in the middle of one right now. The good news is we have some good looking underclassmen in the wings and I'm confident KF and staff will get it turned around as he's done multiple times.

Lazy? Should we give up season tickets? Stop watching the games on TV? Stop buying Hawk merchandise? Call our Congressman? If you choose not to support your program, then don't. Go cheer for the Huskers then. People like to bring up back to back losses to Minnesota and ISU and the recent loss to CMU as evidence of something. Have you also forgotten all the wins against Penn State and Michigan? The bowl wins over SEC teams that were supposed to be so much better than we were? You see Kirk was the coach of all those games too.

My point exactly. All the "Fire KF" now people just look at the losses that they say Iowa shouldn't have lost. But why not look at the wins that Iowa shouldn't have won then, too. For about every "bad" loss there's a "good win". Yes, I wish Iowa would be more consistent and not loss those games, but what if they didn't win those games that they weren't supposed to. We'd be in the same vote. Would you accept a season that way? Everyone is looking at the negative, but you have to take the positive into account as well.

How do we get to 8-10+ win seasons each and every year? My guess would be to start with recruiting. Where are all the blue-chippers? Not in Iowa, that's for sure. They are mainly in the South (Florida, Texas, Cali, etc). Why on earth would a kid from those locations ever want to come to Iowa, or any Midwestern school for that matter? I know this is hard to believe for a lot of you but Iowa is boring. Iowa City is one of (if not the) smallest cities in the B10, it's in the middle of nowhere and it's COLD. KF and staff face an uphill battle to bring top athletes this way. That's why we have to make due with mostly unheralded athletes, with a few blue chippers sprinkled in. Unfortunately that means the occasional rebuilding/mediocre season. It sucks but we are in the middle of one right now. The good news is we have some good looking underclassmen in the wings and I'm confident KF and staff will get it turned around as he's done multiple times.

Why does he have to keep turning the program around?

His talent levels are fine. Its his ineffective game plan and being an awful game day coach.

There is no excuse to lose to horrible teams every years. None.

Why does he have to keep turning the program around?

His talent levels are fine. Its his ineffective game plan and being an awful game day coach.

So none of it is on the players for lack of execution? Or is that because they weren't prepared enough by the coaches?

There has been a lot of different players over the years. One coach.

So a player misses a field goal, no problem coach didn't let him practice enough.
So a player misses a tackle, no problem coach didn't let him practice enough or teach proper technique.
So QB over/underthrows receiver, no problem, OC called the wrong play at the time.
So WR gets hit in the hands, but drops the ball, no problem coach didn't show them how to catch properly.
So a player fumbles, no problem coach didn't make him carry a football around campus.

Should I go on??

I understand there's been poor decisions, but the players are are just as much to fault as the coaches. Anyways I don't see you out there doing it. Maybe call Kirk up and provide some suggestions since you know what the problem is and he doesn't.

You are dead on Neil Diamond. The only thing more frustrating than Iowa football is it's fans. 1 BCS win in 14 years and you would think this guy was GOD. Somebody brain washed our fan base. We are and have been irrelevant for quite a while now. It's time to man up and make a change. What other program would put up with this many bad seasons??? Look around you, nobody gets away with results like this.

Well schools do put up with it but for not nearly as much money.

Iowa has to pay the most money per win of any school.

Latest posts