I hope Iowa State crushes Kansas

I am not sure Iowa can ratchet it up. That was some big boy basketball right there. Both teams playing with reckless abandon. Good basketball. Hoiberg is a top tier coach, great at in-bounds and out of timeouts.

Isu looked great tonight...but they have had some crap games this yr. if the tourney was held in Hilton they would be the favorites...unfortunately it's not. Funny thing is that they were a desperation three away from being on a three game skid at the end of the season. They were hitting shots tonight but this version of iowa state has had some nights where the three ball just ain't going in...and they lose those games against decent competition. Plus, when they lose it's going to be a sweet scene. Ejim will probably flip off the crowd, hogue might drop kick a ref, and Kane will undoubtably have a major injury which will require the team to carry him off the court.

Not necessarily. A lot depends on match ups in the tourney. Iowa is not the easiest team to prepare for either. If I was a #6 seeded team going up against an #11 seed in Iowa, I would be pretty concerned. Remember what Minnesota did to a #6 seeded UCLA last year?

Yes, Minn played as a team. Iowa is easy to prepare for because they don't play like the team we all thought at one point they could be; not even close! One dimensional with Marble with spurts by others that lead to them eventually fizzling out or getting pulled so coach can continue to search for the perfect lineup or whatever the friggin plan is. Give me Mr. Davis and his bunch any day!

Isu looked great tonight...but they have had some crap games this yr. if the tourney was held in Hilton they would be the favorites...unfortunately it's not. Funny thing is that they were a desperation three away from being on a three game skid at the end of the season. They were hitting shots tonight but this version of iowa state has had some nights where the three ball just ain't going in...and they lose those games against decent competition. Plus, when they lose it's going to be a sweet scene. Ejim will probably flip off the crowd, hogue might drop kick a ref, and Kane will undoubtably have a major injury which will require the team to carry him off the court.

Maybe instead they should throw a chair or tell people to suck a fat one or body slam another player

This is probably going to ruffle a few feathers, but just watched this game and after seeing ISU again, I have to say they are faster, more athletic, and have more shooters than Iowa does. They close out quickly on shooters, and drive to the rim easier than our guys. Hoiberg looks like he's got a program going, not just a good team. It depresses me watching how good ISU looked tonight. :(

Go ahead and blast away, but gotta call it as I see it.

The players really seem to like each other as well. Solid team and fun to watch.

Last edited:

This post is just hilarious. Seeing as how ISU is undefeated on the neutral courts this season. I know it's been awhile for hawk fans to realize that tourney is played at neutral sites. ISU has had plenty of games where the 3 ball doesnt go in, hence why they finished last in 3 pt % in the conference yet, were one game from finishing second, and still won against decent competition. Keep trying though.

If only the Hawkeye players had half the mental and physical toughness of the Cyclone players.

This is it.

I watch the Cyclone players and they look like guys who grew up fighting for everything they got, on and off the court. In a word, men. I look at the Iowa players and I assume when they were kids they played soccer in leagues that didn't keep score to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. There is not one single leader on this team. It's a group of high school friends playing a pickup game at the YMCA and maybe they will keep score, maybe not, because they are just happy to be there.

This is it.

I watch the Cyclone players and they look like guys who grew up fighting for everything they got, on and off the court. In a word, men. I look at the Iowa players and I assume when they were kids they played soccer in leagues that didn't keep score to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. There is not one single leader on this team. It's a group of high school friends playing a pickup game at the YMCA and maybe they will keep score, maybe not, because they are just happy to be there.

The Hawks act like they play in Church league....

Watching and finding myself rooting the clones on and find myself really wanting some bigs with guard like skills.

Uthoff is closest we got but nothing like Niang.

Yes, you are right. It does us no good to hate on them. Just like Obamacare, They have a good product and are here to stay. Go Hawks

This is it.

Fairly Brutal, but nuggets of truth lie within.....

:rolleyes:

Fairly Brutal, but nuggets of truth lie within.....

:rolleyes:

I hate saying it because I still like the guys and I still like Fran. But the general lack of cajones on this team is painfully obvious even to me at this point. This team desperately needs an Iowa version of Charles Barkley.

Yes, you are right. It does us no good to hate on them. Just like Obamacare, They have a good product and are here to stay. Go Hawks
Really, we check this website for Iowa sports and you plug obamacare? Please take it to msnbc or wherever, not here!

This is it.

Hard to admit - but this is a spot on assessment. In another thread I mentioned about the Hawk's lack of mental toughness and leadership. Gotta handle adversity much better, gotta play as a team. Jealous of the fact that Kane would stay by Niang as he lay there lying in pain - even when the refs were ordering the ISU players back to the bench. Would Marble have done that had Uthoff gone down? -- not sure - but that's what is missing from this Iowa team, imho.

Hard to admit - but this is a spot on assessment. In another thread I mentioned about the Hawk's lack of mental toughness and leadership. Gotta handle adversity much better, gotta play as a team. Jealous of the fact that Kane would stay by Niang as he lay there lying in pain - even when the refs were ordering the ISU players back to the bench. Would Marble have done that had Uthoff gone down? -- not sure - but that's what is missing from this Iowa team, imho.

The Hawkeyes need a strong, wild man like this:

628x471.jpg

Latest posts