I haven't felt this hopeless since...

Iowa losing to UNLV in 87 sucked, but that team was fucking good.

Oh....we are talking hopeless not disappointed and with football.......Jack Christiansen years before Stanzi took over?

I'm actually feeling better after this game the D got their props and we got a QB change. Hopefully Kirk doesn't pull a "See we were right" bullshit because Padilla struggled. He still played better I thought than Petras. Those two ints. just finished him for me. A third year starter making those kind of mistakes. I would rather start Joey because he might make the same mistake but he might learn from it.

We have a real shortage of offensive talent at every position.
Thats on Brian and Kirk.
I absolutely agree the offense performance is on BF and KF.

I disagree on talent. I could be wrong but I think we have 2 potential NFL Tights ends, and 2 good, nit elite RBs in KJ and LW.

Wr position is extremely thin and no deep threat with Johnson hurt and Brecht not developed. Ragaini and Bruce are solid slot options but not enough. We had Jones(clearly talented), Johnson last year.... didn't matter

The real talent issues is Oline and QB... nothing else will work without those

And that's absolutely on BF and KF.

Since 2006, didn’t think Kirk would dig out of that. But he went on to rebuild shit three more times.

On the radio I heard AJ McCarron making fun of Syracuse’s offense saying they looked like Iowa’s offense in the 4th quarter. We are a laughing stock nationally. I expect lots of transfers and recruiting will continue to decline. Then add in USC and UCLA and we are toast.

finish the sentence. It's a toss up between the end of 2012 or 2014 for me.
No one on this board has defended Kirk more than I have over the years. But Brian Ferentz has to go. Reasons:

1. the kids on the team don’t respect him, mostly due to the fact that he is a racist and an entitled bully. He can’t erase his past behaviors. He should have been fired when Doyle was fired. The behaviors of the two men were identical.
2. He is a lineman. He knows NOTHING about modern offensive football.
3. He can’t recruit because of his past and no one wants to play for him.

Nepotism is going to destroy Kirk’s legacy. Either Brian goes or Kirk should be terminated.

none of it will happen, of course.

Iowa football is in a very bad place.

No one on this board has defended Kirk more than I have over the years. But Brian Ferentz has to go. Reasons:

1. the kids on the team don’t respect him, mostly due to the fact that he is a racist and an entitled bully. He can’t erase his past behaviors. He should have been fired when Doyle was fired. The behaviors of the two men were identical.
2. He is a lineman. He knows NOTHING about modern offensive football.
3. He can’t recruit because of his past and no one wants to play for him.

Nepotism is going to destroy Kirk’s legacy. Either Brian goes or Kirk should be terminated.

none of it will happen, of course.

Iowa football is in a very bad place.
On 1. The fans are in part to blame as a lot of excuses were made. However, Doyle being gone is probably bigger than the factor you mentioned. Changes in paying players is also at play here.

2. Doesn't really matter. Head coaches adapt and hire what they need. It's more his personality.

3. He has lost quite a bit of talent to the NFL and a deep study needs to be done on linemen that disappeared from the program or haven't worked out including some 4 star recruits. The RBs we have now came during the height of what you mentioned in 1. Iowa has lost players about on par with OSU but can't replace them like OSU. It's remarkable the D is as good as it is.

If KF's legacy is destroyed it's on him. It will not be on losing late in his career. The items in 1 or other things we may not know about would be what destroys his legacy.

As fans we sort of were proud of "Ferentzing" with stellar D and poor offense. We were proud when it meant 7 to 10 wins per year. Now it's not fun but a natural progression. What is amazing is that this was put off for so long in part due to Bethard, Wadley, Taylor, Jones, TE's and D all playing their hearts out.

Last edited:
On 1. The fans are in part to blame as a lot of excuses were made. However, Doyle being gone is probably bigger than the factor you mentioned. Changes in paying players is also at play here.

2. Doesn't really matter. Head coaches adapt and hire what they need. It's more his personality.

3. He has lost quite a bit of talent to the NFL and a deep study needs to be done on linemen that disappeared from the program or haven't worked out including some 4 star recruits. The RBs we have now came during the height of what you mentioned in 1. Iowa has lost players about on par with OSU but can't replace them like OSU. It's remarkable the D is as good as it is.

If KF's legacy is destroyed it's on him. It will not be on losing late in his career. The items in 1 or other things we may not know about would be what destroys his legacy.

As fans we sort of were proud of "Ferentzing" with stellar D and poor offense. We were proud when it meant 7 to 10 wins per year. Now it's not fun but a natural progression.
90% of Kirk's teams have always played with a razor thin margin of error. Its why execution has always been so important to him and those who can't do it sometimes sit in favor of less talented player who can.. When you win the field position battle, the turnover battle, minimize penalties and have strong special teams you can steal lots of games that way.

This year the breaks haven't gone our way. Take away Pottebaum's "fumble", and give Moss the fumble recovery TD and our record suddenly looks respectable. Eliminate half the untimely penalties vs Michigan and we have a fighting chance there as well, even as Michigan is clearly the more talented, athletic and physical team.

So when Kirk reminds us that everyone is working hard in practice and improving every week and won ten games last year with that formula and many more in previous years, he is being honest. He can't see the forest through the trees. This team to him looks little different than many of his others. It shows how quickly his style can go off the rails with a five degree tilt of the wheel.

This shit show still won't be enough to get Brian fired

The absolute arrogance shown towards the players by the staff is insulting

It’s hard for me to think people actually believe this!! This is such a different scenario for Kirk. If changes aren’t made after this, i will go on the record and say that 2023 will be KF last season at Iowa.

Since 2012, I remember about half way through and I didn't see another win on the schedule. I was right. Then I lowered my expectations.

On the radio I heard AJ McCarron making fun of Syracuse’s offense saying they looked like Iowa’s offense in the 4th quarter. We are a laughing stock nationally. I expect lots of transfers and recruiting will continue to decline. Then add in USC and UCLA and we are toast.
Was just watching the Okie State - Texas game. A Cowboy fan held up a sign that said, Iowa Sucks. Thought I was watching the Minnesota game for a second.

Latest posts