I hate to say it..

Hmm, other teams "shooting the lights out". Wonder if our efense has anything to do with that?

In terms of bandwagon... ask me about the 3 years I bought season tickets for the Lickliter mess...

Hmm, other teams "shooting the lights out". Wonder if our efense has anything to do with that?

In terms of bandwagon... ask me about the 3 years I bought season tickets for the Lickliter mess...

How come we only see you on here after a loss?

Kinda off topic but why didnt we get in last year?
It scares me but im thinking worse case scenario. If we go 2-2 are we in? And dont hate I just need some reassurance

Last year Iowa lacked quality wins and had some bad losses. This year they at least have a few good wins. 20 point win over probable B1G champion Michigan, road win against ranked team Ohio St, neutral floor win over Xavier who is getting in. Plus they've played a tougher schedule which helps RPI even with a loss.

And on Saturday at 11:00 before the Wisconsin game we were playing the best basketball in the conference. Jon had us pegged as #1 in his power rankings. We lost 2 tough games where teams shoot lights out on us an you are acting like we are a terrible team. You are a perfect example of a bandwagon fan

the shooting lights out has to do with iowa playing no defense at all

Thank you for your response. I thought last year with 21 wins in the Big we would get in. Which makes me think i dont know anything. 5th in standings If I recall.
Many say were a lock but it just scares me. A good season like this turns big time at the end is heart wrenching

You actually think Purdue and Illinois come to Carver and beats Iowa?? Really? No Really?? hahahaha. Yes I have watched them play the last 2 weeks and lose to some really good Big Ten teams.. :) They play the way they did tonight against Purdue and Illinois they beat them by 20 points... Minnesota was absolutely shooting out of there minds..

MN was a turd getting flushed until the Hawks let them off the hook tonight. They looked SO bad the past few games and tonight their heroes? Why Hawks, why?

This is turning into a disappointing season A bid in the NCAA would be great but an NIT bid could be a reality. Prediction 2-2 to finish season, win 1 in b10, 11 seed NCAA at best.

This is turning into a disappointing season A bid in the NCAA would be great but an NIT bid could be a reality. Prediction 2-2 to finish season, win 1 in b10, 11 seed NCAA at best.

I'd bet your entire paycheck from McDonalds that there is ZERO chance we will be an 11 seed with a 2-2 record. This whole thread drives me insane seriously. I don't post very often and haven't for some time, but now is as good of time as any.

Why does everyone give up so easily? All of you talking about NIT bids are nuts. This team passes the "eye" test, the selection committee talks about it every year. We have been top 25 virtually all season. We are going to the dance, we are going to be a tough team to beat. Teams are not going to want to play us. Why? Because we are good! We have a strong team with a solid bench that can run and go toe to toe with any freaking team in the country.

So we lost 2 games big freaking deal. Everyone just quit your belly aching and buck up, this team needs our support more than ever, and I for one love and support this team. There will be better days and the snow will melt and temps will rise. And that you can take straight to the bank.

To those of you saying NIT is a legitimate possibility...is this your first year watching college basketball and the tournament selection process?

The selection committee compares a team to all teams on the bubble. SOS, good wins, bad losses, conference record, etc.. compare Iowa to anyone of those current teams on the bubble and its laughable to put us on the bubble or anywhere close. Our RPI is 34 and BPI is 12. Every team on the outside looking in has some awful losses. Iowa has 0 against teams 50-100. Step back from the ledge. People act like this is football and a loss is the end of the world. Losing sucks, but don't be irrational.

No way. They shot almost, what, 65% tonight. No one loses shooting like that.
Minny is still in trouble. Iowa is less so, as of right now.
This. we ran into a buzz saw. 67% from the field. 58% from 3 and 82% from FT. our defense wasn't great, but my goodness those are some insane numbers.

The selection committee compares a team to all teams on the bubble. SOS, good wins, bad losses, conference record, etc.. compare Iowa to anyone of those current teams on the bubble and its laughable to put us on the bubble or anywhere close. Our RPI is 34 and BPI is 12. Every team on the outside looking in has some awful losses. Iowa has 0 against teams 50-100. Step back from the ledge. People act like this is football and a loss is the end of the world. Losing sucks, but don't be irrational.

Our RPI is higher than 34. Otherwise you're absolutely right.

Latest posts