I guess this is a compliment?

golfingwags

King's Court hails Syracuse Orange coach Jim Boeheim while North Carolina Tar Heels fail - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

"Three teams I thought would be terrible that aren't

1. South Florida: Coach Stan Heath's squad touts victories over Seton Hall, Rutgers and Cleveland State, and the Bulls came within three points of upsetting Connecticut.
2. Iowa: The Hawkeyes have had trouble establishing consistency, but victories over Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota should have opponents on high alert.
3. LSU: Coach Trent Johnson may be off the hot seat if the Tigers (11-6) finish with a winning record."

King's Court hails Syracuse Orange coach Jim Boeheim while North Carolina Tar Heels fail - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

"Three teams I thought would be terrible that aren't

1. South Florida: Coach Stan Heath's squad touts victories over Seton Hall, Rutgers and Cleveland State, and the Bulls came within three points of upsetting Connecticut.
2. Iowa: The Hawkeyes have had trouble establishing consistency, but victories over Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota should have opponents on high alert.
3. LSU: Coach Trent Johnson may be off the hot seat if the Tigers (11-6) finish with a winning record."

Heck, I take it as a compliment. I think a lot of people, including some Hawkeye fans, thought Iowa would be pretty bad this year.

But he is right, we just lack the consistency right now. When we are on... We are capable of competing with almost any team out there, but when we are having an off night... we seem to be REALLY off.

It is still a HUGE improvement from what the program was just a couple years ago. We are being talked about and people actually have positive things to say.

Fran is the man!

GO HAWKS!

"Chair slams: Iowa coach Fran McCaffery has received a lot of criticism for picking up a folding chair and slamming it into the hardwood while berating his team during a timeout in last week's 34-point loss at Michigan State. My opinion? I loved it. McCaffery didn't hurt anyone or touch a player. His passion and fire is exactly what Iowa's downtrodden team needs. McCaffery didn't apologize for the outburst. "If anybody thinks I'm going to sit there with my hands crossed when we're down by 40 [points], they've got the wrong guy," he said. Four days later, Iowa upset No. 13 Michigan."

+1 for Chair Slams!

I thought we could challenge for middle of the pack until the non-conference season happened. Then I thought we'd be terrible. Now I think we can challenge for the middle of the pack in the conference again.

Definitely a compliment. You don't go from terrible to good. You go from terrible, to not terrible, to pretty good, to good. I'd be happy if Fran and the boys decided to skip pretty good and just be good next year though.:)

I would definately call this a compliment considering how bad we lost to OSU and Michigan State, then coming out with a big W against Michigan, there is hope for this year but definately for the future!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

definitly a compliment and he showed more backing of fran than barta did.

url

Latest posts