I guess pick up games can get serious

Would totally depend on the foul. If it was blatant and intended to do harm why would it not be a potentially chargeable action? Basketball courts are exempt?

Coaching a HS soccer match where the coach grabbed a ref. Police were called and rightfully so. It wasn't me. The offender asked me to stand up for him and I simply said you dug your own hole (days later after he was in trouble). The refs were bad, but that was over the top. He grabbed the center ref by the throat and let go quickly. He continued to try and argue and with my hands down I tried to back him away politely and he grabbed my shoulder and I pulled back. He left marks on the ref and that is why they were called. No charges filed though.

Kqa2z3A.jpg

Coaching a HS soccer match where the coach grabbed a ref. Police were called and rightfully so.
Apples/oranges.

A relevant analogy in your soccer match would be if a player intentionally tripped someone else. Which happens all the time. Nobody calls the cops, especially if no one got hurt which was evidenced in the video of the douche bag who got fouled.

Those cops had to be like WTFF.... Gym should just ban the dudes ability to play ball there. It's dudes like that who want to sue someone for when they spill hot coffee on themselves. Just where the hell is the common sense at in this world? Has their always been this many idiots out there and I've been oblivious to it? Thankfully I'm not having run ins with those that are that bad...

Those cops had to be like WTFF.... Gym should just ban the dudes ability to play ball there. It's dudes like that who want to sue someone for when they spill hot coffee on themselves. Just where the hell is the common sense at in this world? Has their always been this many idiots out there and I've been oblivious to it? Thankfully I'm not having run ins with those that are that bad...

Yes.

Does anyone follow AAU Bingo on Twitter? Good, funny stuff normally. Here's a post from a July 8. This is a ref getting beaten on by a team.

Does anyone follow AAU Bingo on Twitter? Good, funny stuff normally. Here's a post from a July 8. This is a ref getting beaten on by a team.

Yep. I've seen some pretty one-sided officiating in AAU, but I've also seen refs get treated horribly by coaches. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.