I give it five years.

Yeah. The hostages like ISU and Baylor won't make any moves. They are comfortable with their kneeling. A&M and OK are gonna have some wandering eyes, though.

Things could change next year. With all of this turmoil in the Big 12 I'm not convinced the southern teams will stay with the conference if the money is not there. This new deal may not be as rich as proposed. We'll see.

Also, the balance of power clearly shifted south. There are really no strong football programs north of Norman, Oklahoma.

This conference without NU could become a joke. Why even play the conference season except for the Texas vs. OU game ?

These Clowntards are already talking about their share of the money from UN and CO being penalized for leaving in violation of conference bylaws. Unreal. Here's a hint, Clowns...Lawyers are coming. A lot of them. And they'll find all kinds of untoward acts by schools still in the Big(10)XII that enticed those two fine universities to bail.

In other words, you'll be lucky to see ten cents on the dollar of that money.

God. They are SO unworldly.

Keep in mind also.... if the super-conference concept is not completely dead how will the Big 12 ever get to 16 and find 4-6 quality teams to do so? Can you say going out of business.

Keep in mind also.... if the super-conference concept is not completely dead how will the Big 12 ever get to 16 and find 4-6 quality teams to do so? Can you say going out of business.

As long as there is Texas there will be a Big12 and teams that want to sign up to join the league. The allure of cash is just too intoxicating for a program looking to take it to the next level. Unfortunately.

If that were true the league would not have been on the verge of going belly up. A 15 year history is not much in CFB. I would agree much more if the league was structured for true equal partnership. The only 'cash' basis signups the Big 12 will see are the programs a league really does not want.

At best the Big 12's new deal is only on par with the SEC and that is given the draw of Texas. This won't last long. The SEC and Big Ten will continue to widen the gap in time.

The Big 12 will not be viable unless it can attract another power team. The only one out there is Notre Dame.

These Clowntards are already talking about their share of the money from UN and CO being penalized for leaving in violation of conference bylaws. Unreal. Here's a hint, Clowns...Lawyers are coming. A lot of them. And they'll find all kinds of untoward acts by schools still in the Big(10)XII that enticed those two fine universities to bail.

In other words, you'll be lucky to see ten cents on the dollar of that money.

God. They are SO unworldly.

Actually, the BigTen conference agreed to pay Nebraska's buyout. So essentially, your're paying for it.

Haha this REALLY eats up at Hawkeye fans. It's great to watch them squirm that this worked out for ISU

Um, no. It's just pathetic watching you people celebrate the confirmation of your littlebeotchitude.

I mean you're on your knees servicing Texass and you act like you got over on someone.

Really. It's pathetic. Amusing, but pathetic.

Actually, the BigTen conference agreed to pay Nebraska's buyout. So essentially, your're paying for it.

Gladly ... whatever 10 mil or so it will cost the Big Ten membership is well worth it to have a program with the prestige and history of Nebraska. That will seem like chump change in a few years.

I have a feeling the Big 12 is going to have a difficult time replacing Nebraska with an equal or greater program.

Um, no. It's just pathetic watching you people celebrate the confirmation of your littlebeotchitude.

I mean you're on your knees servicing Texass and you act like you got over on someone.

Really. It's pathetic. Amusing, but pathetic.

This

and lets have a recap
The Big 12 which was already significantly inferior to the big 10 in many ways (academics, finances, 2010 BCS victories, 2010 Final 4 teams, 2010 Wrestling national championships, etc etc etc) lost one of the top 5 most tradition rich football programs and a top 20 revenue producer in college athletics the day after losing the 26th ranked academic institution in america that controls the 16th ranked television market. Yep sounds like some great reasons to come onto our instate big brothers website and run our sloppy mouths especially because we won some bowl game in New Mexico that no one has ever heard of against the other team that our big brother abuses regularly. Go back to the Cyclone chats and celebrate with your cronies the fact that ISU is even still relevant (albeit barely) because Texas hasnt left........ yet

Gladly ... whatever 10 mil or so it will cost the Big Ten membership is well worth it to have a program with the prestige and history of Nebraska. That will seem like chump change in a few years.

I have a feeling the Big 12 is going to have a difficult time replacing Nebraska with an equal or greater program.

Big 12 won't replace. Why dilute? Why add competition for power for TU and OU? They'll run through the conference and take their money while they are at it.

And for the clown moran who said the B10 is just going to go ahead and pay the $10MM for NU. Right. Simple as that.

The funny part you clowns are referring to is how adamant you were in getting butterburger to get you clowns into the big 10. how 'it was just all about money' and not about academics.....and now you guys are wondering how fast you are going to get a hold of that $2MM split (and use it as a 'downpayment' on bowling in your freaking wind tunnel stadium) and how fast you'll get your greasy little hands on the new deal money.

My question is how fast do I as a taxpayer get you losers off the states payroll? you do remember the whole 'subsidy' conversation Follard had earlier in the week....when he was crying in his beer about how unfair the B10N (which was a guaranteed failure in the making) was to his fellow clownation fans who had to subsidize Iowa athletics with their $.75/month mandatory must-have mediacom/dish/dtv contract......yeah, he was DIRECTLY involved in changing this whole thing around, had to be. probably put a billboard up in Dallas saying this is cyclown country......that put you guys over the top, for sure.

you guys are a pathetic bunch. hopefully texas will at least give you guys the courtesy of a reach around.

Not sure why would the Big 12 want to add anyone at this point. Probably will not change the value of the TV contracts enough to offset having to pay another school.

If they do expand at some point in the next couple of years they may turn the tables on the Pac 10 who's flagship football school was hammered with penalties and could be impotent for several years. Wonder what kind of TV contract the Pac 10 will get without a viable USC?

Guess the facts will come out on Tuesday. But this seems to indicate even better revenue's for the Big 12 schools than first mentioned

Saved Situation - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Big 12 won't replace. Why dilute? Why add competition for power for TU and OU? They'll run through the conference and take their money while they are at it.

And for the clown moran who said the B10 is just going to go ahead and pay the $10MM for NU. Right. Simple as that.

The funny part you clowns are referring to is how adamant you were in getting butterburger to get you clowns into the big 10. how 'it was just all about money' and not about academics.....and now you guys are wondering how fast you are going to get a hold of that $2MM split (and use it as a 'downpayment' on bowling in your freaking wind tunnel stadium) and how fast you'll get your greasy little hands on the new deal money.

My question is how fast do I as a taxpayer get you losers off the states payroll? you do remember the whole 'subsidy' conversation Follard had earlier in the week....when he was crying in his beer about how unfair the B10N (which was a guaranteed failure in the making) was to his fellow clownation fans who had to subsidize Iowa athletics with their $.75/month mandatory must-have mediacom/dish/dtv contract......yeah, he was DIRECTLY involved in changing this whole thing around, had to be. probably put a billboard up in Dallas saying this is cyclown country......that put you guys over the top, for sure.

you guys are a pathetic bunch. hopefully texas will at least give you guys the courtesy of a reach around.
It's the Big 2 and the little 8. This is like the Big 10 circa 1975. ISU will have to play more conference games, which equals more conference losses. Their non-conference schedule will be a joke, per usual, with the exception of the Iowa game. They last played 2 BCS non-conference opponents when they played Florida State in Kansas City. The are not going to fare well with more conference games. Did any other conference want ISU in the entirety of these expansion talks? I like the Follard. Where does that come from? Does it have to do with the word folly?

Last edited:

Latest posts