I give it five years.

Actually, the BigTen conference agreed to pay Nebraska's buyout. So essentially, your're paying for it.

yep...you know why...because we can afford it. Isn't it your bedtime, Texas might get mad if he finds out your still awake...better go to sleep before he gets mad and beats you.

Last edited:
It's the Big 2 and the little 8. This is like the Big 10 circa 1975. ISU will have to play more conference games, which equals more conference losses. Their non-conference schedule will be a joke, per usual, with the exception of the Iowa game. They last played 2 BCS non-conference opponents when they played Florida State in Kansas City. The are not going to fare well with more conference games. Did any other conference want ISU in the entirety of these expansion talks?

Some other schools non-conference schedules in 2009

Florida - played Troy, Charleston Southern, FIU, and FSU (their one out of conference BCS school)

Penn State - Akron, Temple, Eastern Illinois, Syracuse

Ohio State- Navy, Toledo, New Mexico State, USC

Michigan- Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Delaware State, Notre Dame

Nebraska -Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, UL Lafeyette, Va Tech

Looks like the trend of 1 BCS non-conference game is pretty common.

Troy,

Your views aren't congruent with your conference's manifesto. Iowa is not far from Iowa State: small alumni base, school ranked outside top 50, and delusional fan base. Iowa will be in the same spot as ISU in five years, my friend. The "U of I" is not an insider in college athletics, they're just as much a pawn as ISU is :).

Good luck to your favorite team. Iowa does not need Big 12 bottom feeders on its schedule to get fans to attend games. I have seen Iowa sell out Kinnick for a long time. Iowa has competed in many bowls and won Big 10 championships. Why are you on an Iowa site getting on Iowa fans? I don't look at any other message boards. None. Why do you even care about Iowa or my opinion. This is hawkeyenation.com, isn't it? If your team is Iowa State, good for you. Get Pollard to schedule some decent non-conference teams and maybe I'll go sit on the hillside and watch some games. Quit playing cupcakes, and make a move to real D-1 football. Please beat Texas and OU once in a while. I like Paul Rhoads a lot. He is a good coach. He deserves support, but you can't support your team by riding some Iowa fan's case on an Iowa-related website. Don't you see, you are proving that you care more about Iowa than you care about winning. Now go support your team. Good luck! Oh, and Fred Hoiberg and Fennelly are great Iowa natives who deserve to succeed!

It worked out for the clowns ...

The only thing is the clowns had no say in it whatsoever. They are completely along for the ride. Whatever Texas says, the clowns say, "Thank you sir," "Yes sir" "Whatever you want," "Just don't leave us sir!"

The clowns aren't even a minor player in the talks. When the conference comes around, Texas opens the trunk and tells the clowns to get into the trunk and not to make a sound. When the conference is over, Texas opens the trunk, lets the clowns out and tells them what happened and the clowns say, "OH Boy."

Then the clowns come over the Hawk sites and tell us what a great conference they are part of...after Texas tells them what happened. The clowns are lap dogs of the Big 12 and just lick the boots of Texas if the boots get cow dung on them and the clowns and Pollard have a real taste for cow dung.

Good luck to your favorite team. Iowa does not need Big 12 bottom feeders on its schedule to get fans to attend games. I have seen Iowa sell out Kinnick for a long time. Iowa has competed in many bowls and won Big 10 championships. Why are you on an Iowa site getting on Iowa fans? I don't look at any other message boards. None. Why do you even care about Iowa or my opinion. This is hawkeyenation.com, isn't it? If your team is Iowa State, good for you. Get Pollard to schedule some decent non-conference teams and maybe I'll go sit on the hillside and watch some games. Quit playing cupcakes, and make a move to real D-1 football. Please beat Texas and OU once in a while. I like Paul Rhoads a lot. He is a good coach. He deserves support, but you can't support your team by riding some Iowa fan's case on an Iowa-related website. Don't you see, you are proving that you care more about Iowa than you care about winning. Now go support your team. Good luck! Oh, and Fred Hoiberg and Fennelly are great Iowa natives who deserve to succeed!

Good post, they have always been obsessed with what is going on at Iowa and they always will. I didnt have an older brother growing up but I had lots of friends that did, and they were always obsessed and jealous with what the older one had going on in his life, much like what most ISU fans are to Iowa fans. I for one simply dont give 2 ***** what conference Iowa St is in, the Big 12, Mountain West, CUSA, I dont give a ****. Im too busy worrying about who Iowa is recruiting and who Iowa plays, and how Iowa can keep this train rolling down the tracks after winning the BCS Orange Bowl last year and dealing with all the hype for this year.

Iowa will be in the same spot as ISU in five years, my friend.

Big Ten is stable and BTN will generate more revenue in 5 years.

Big 12 is still at risk to fall apart and ISU will merely fall further and further behind in 5 years.

If that's still "same spot" to you, then you're certifiable.

Latest posts