I for one, am not worried.

Oglesby4three

After watching the game first hand tonight, I feel this team is the real deal. The guys just came out flat because it was an exhibition. This game means nothing. Once Hutton and Fleming start getting time on the floor, look out. I see a final four squad in the making.

I also believe that this team is capable of being a final 4 team. I also agree that Fleming can contribute some valuable minutes off the bench. It is good that the freshmen got valuable experience in a close college basketball game today. This experience will be valuable for them in close NCAA tournament games.

I am still not sure if Hutton will be in the mix during the regular season though. He might redshirt. They will get the primary rotation down to 9 or 10 players. Right now Dale Jones is ahead of him. It is great that this team has so many options though.

Jok said the young guys were "lost" on the post game show tonight

Fran said that's why he's been so hard on them the past two weeks.

That is why it is important to have these games. The young back ups did a lot of growing in the past 2 weeks.

Virginia lost to a D2 school back in the day and went on to win ACC, get a #1 seed and reach the Elite 8. I'd say we're right on track.

Also the 1985 Chicago Bears went 1-3 in the preseason prior to going a 15-1 season and a Superbowl championship.

After watching the game first hand tonight, I feel this team is the real deal. The guys just came out flat because it was an exhibition. This game means nothing. Once Hutton and Fleming start getting time on the floor, look out. I see a final four squad in the making.

Whenever I see a 1st post noob blowing sunshine, I immediately think clown troll. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Welcome to HN. Even though I was very concerned immediately following the game, I've come back down to earff today. I still believe in this team.

And yeah, I could see a final four. Not this season or next. But I think it could be coming.

Pretty sure Iowa State almost lost to Morningside one year with Tinsley.

It sucks Iowa lost but these are exibitions.

Iowa is probably behind in their practice times while trying to teach the new guys their roles. They will be a lot better in a couple of weeks. A couple of teams in the non conference schedule might not be taking Iowa as seriously after hearing that they lost to Augustana.

I, for one, AM worried. I paid $80+ for tix to the Advocare tourney for Thanksgiving night. Mrs. HawkeyeBob62 will be steamed if we lose and bi&ch about blowing off "real" Thanksgiving for a crappy basketball game.

I, for one, AM worried. I paid $80+ for tix to the Advocare tourney for Thanksgiving night. Mrs. HawkeyeBob62 will be steamed if we lose and bi&ch about blowing off "real" Thanksgiving for a crappy basketball game.

How did you pull that off? What did you give up? A weekend antique shopping after football season. A bed and breakfast in the middle of nowhere with no access to technology just basically staring at trees all day.

red flags? Yes. Time to panic? No.

Exactly.

Look, Augustana is the #1 team in D2, they won 31 games last year and have 5 starters returning. If they were a D1 team, right now in November, they'd be a top 50 D1 team. A disappointing loss? Yes. A complete disaster? No.

Gotta be a troll. Final Four?? Yeah right

The 2002 Syracuse team went from unranked to national champs. Why can't we do it?? I believe all the pieces are there. Just need time for the young boys to put things together.

The 2002 Syracuse team went from unranked to national champs. Why can't we do it?? I believe all the pieces are there. Just need time for the young boys to put things together.

Don't know if that is the greatest comparison in the world. That team had Carmelo Anthony on it that dude could give you 20 and 10 when he was like 5 years old. Also, Jok or Gesell will never shoot the way McNamara did during that run.

Gessell is every bit as good as Gerry Mcnamera. Gessell was even rated higher out of high school. You're right about Anthony though, he was a special player. Here's to hoping that together Woody and Jones can be a Anthony-esq force and fill that roll.

Exactly.

Look, Augustana is the #1 team in D2, they won 31 games last year and have 5 starters returning. If they were a D1 team, right now in November, they'd be a top 50 D1 team. A disappointing loss? Yes. A complete disaster? No.

Augustana would not be a top 50 D1 team, not even close

Augustana would not be a top 50 D1 team, not even close

You noticed I referred to this being in November, before teams tend to come together and improve? If nothing else, they could definitely beat a lot of D1 teams and just did last Saturday.