I for one, am not worried.

As I said on Friday - this could be one that the Hawks drop - and as I said when I mentioned they could lose, I am not too worried either as I don't expect championship caliber defense in early November. This team has short comings - mainly being depth but there were a lot of good things I saw in this game and that's namely Peter Jok. Different player this season. A lot of Augustana's lead was made during the first half when we were still tinkering with the line up - the 1st team played a lot in the 2nd half but were playing in the hole the entire time. I was encouraged to see them claw back and tie the game late - just didn't get it done on a buzzer beater. They've got some time to jell before that first tough game at Marquette and I expect to see a lot of early growth from this team. A wake up call like this could be beneficial in the regards that this game cost us nothing.

So where would the best D2 school finish in the Big 10? In football, the bestt FCS school would be around 8th-10th probably. Is it comparable to that? It's not that big of a deal to lose to a 10th best Big 10 team this early in the season. Especially when there are basically 8 newbies on the team.

Whenever I see a 1st post noob blowing sunshine, I immediately think clown troll. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time. Welcome to HN. Even though I was very concerned immediately following the game, I've come back down to earff today. I still believe in this team.

And yeah, I could see a final four. Not this season or next. But I think it could be coming.

If we had lost to Illinois State and a guy showed up with the name "Rudockgoesdeep" claiming we're a playoff team, would you give him the benefit of doubt too?

Gessell is every bit as good as Gerry Mcnamera. Gessell was even rated higher out of high school. You're right about Anthony though, he was a special player. Here's to hoping that together Woody and Jones can be a Anthony-esq force and fill that roll.

Pathetic troll attempt. Get this clown out of here.

*see what I did there

Latest posts