I F'n hate NE

StickUP

I live in Omaha. NE fans are the most obnoxious fans in the world. Even after a 4th straight win, i keep getting texts from friends/neighbors about how NE will dominate in the future (i havent said a word).

I am sure i will hear about how NE fans will say Iowa accepts mediocrity and will only win 7 games a year (even tough they have averaged 9 wins per year for the last 4 seasons).

NE fans will tell you how amazing they are because they will not accept Iowa's poor level of success. They will fire coach after coach (because they are amazing fans) and demand better results. However, they end up with just as bad results - maybe worse. Their actions really dont end with better results. They just think they are better because they fire coach year after year.

In the end, NE really isnt any better or worse. I really believe Frost will be a better coach than they have had. In the end, they are obnoxious fans that i hate to be around.

I was thinking the same thing. I was just over to their board because I was curious how they would twist the loss. They are just delusional and act like they've been winning for years. They haven't even been to a BIG championship game yet but act like everybody else is inferior to them. They give no credit to Iowa and just keep stating this will be Iowa's last win because Iowa has plateaued with Ferentz and they will keep ascending and beat Iowa every year now. It is just sickening.

They are obviously just trying to get to you with the first punch out of insecurity. It's laughable at this point. Best thing to do is just not say anything and when they press too hard, just give a little sly smile and answer "whatever".

I was thinking the same thing. I was just over to their board because I was curious how they would twist the loss. They are just delusional and act like they've been winning for years. They haven't even been to a BIG championship game yet but act like everybody else is inferior to them. They give no credit to Iowa and just keep stating this will be Iowa's last win because Iowa has plateaued with Ferentz and they will keep ascending and beat Iowa every year now. It is just sickening.

They are obviously just trying to get to you with the first punch out of insecurity. It's laughable at this point. Best thing to do is just not say anything and when they press too hard, just give a little sly smile and answer "whatever".
For the record they went in 2012 and got absolutely clobbered by the third best team in the opposite division, Wisconsin, 70-31

It will be tougher for Iowa to beat them as long as Martinez stays healthy. I think the series will be even from now on with the home team winning most games. That said I hate nubby fans also.

I revel in Nebby’s misery as much as anyone. I listen to their call in shows after losses. It’s great.

A lot here are not going to like this, but Nebraska fans actually have numbers to back this up. Mike Riley was a disasterious hire and, this important, their AD paid the price. Outside of that, Bo had 66 wins during his tenure. Iowa has 54 during that same span. Callahan had 24 wins. Iowa had 29 during that period. Solich killed it, don’t need to into that.

Point being, striving for higher success and firing coaches for not performing isn’t as bad as some people make it out. Sure you could land a Mike Riley(which even a competent AD could have avoided honestly), but you might also win 9 or 10 games consistently like Bo and Solich did.

I think Nebraska has an illicit recruiting apparatus like OSU, MIchigan and PSU. They are out in the corn fields just like Iowa is. They have not been good during the players' lifetime. What happened in the 80s and 90s is not in the memory of the recruites.

Its the money. They cheat

I revel in Nebby’s misery as much as anyone. I listen to their call in shows after losses. It’s great.

A lot here are not going to like this, but Nebraska fans actually have numbers to back this up. Mike Riley was a disasterious hire and, this important, their AD paid the price. Outside of that, Bo had 66 wins during his tenure. Iowa has 54 during that same span. Callahan had 24 wins. Iowa had 29 during that period. Solich killed it, don’t need to into that.

Point being, striving for higher success and firing coaches for not performing isn’t as bad as some people make it out. Sure you could land a Mike Riley(which even a competent AD could have avoided honestly), but you might also win 9 or 10 games consistently like Bo and Solich did.
They can pine for them "gud ole days" as much as they want, but with more rules and restrictions regarding recruiting, limits on walkon programs, increased visibility on the program not allowing for rampant steroid use, AND being in a conference tougher than the Big 8 ever was, those days are never coming back.

I think Nebraska has an illicit recruiting apparatus like OSU, MIchigan and PSU. They are out in the corn fields just like Iowa is. They have not been good during the players' lifetime. What happened in the 80s and 90s is not in the memory of the recruites.

Its the money. They cheat

Oh plezz dont start that crap. Iowa is as guilty as any corn state. Think hotel magnates and look behind closed doors before speaking in ignorance.

You have to risk to get a reward. Iowa risks nothing.

Whats sad is Nebraska's schedule next year is pretty lax besides a home game vs Ohio State. They get Iowa, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Ohio State at home and will probably be favored in all of their road games except maybe at purdue. They kind of have a cake walk to 8-4 and a decent shot at 10-2

brb gonna vomit

I live in Omaha. NE fans are the most obnoxious fans in the world. Even after a 4th straight win, i keep getting texts from friends/neighbors about how NE will dominate in the future (i havent said a word).

I am sure i will hear about how NE fans will say Iowa accepts mediocrity and will only win 7 games a year (even tough they have averaged 9 wins per year for the last 4 seasons).

NE fans will tell you how amazing they are because they will not accept Iowa's poor level of success. They will fire coach after coach (because they are amazing fans) and demand better results. However, they end up with just as bad results - maybe worse. Their actions really dont end with better results. They just think they are better because they fire coach year after year.

In the end, NE really isnt any better or worse. I really believe Frost will be a better coach than they have had. In the end, they are obnoxious fans that i hate to be around.

I once worked for a Nebraska fan in Des Moines. Most obnoxious prick you’d never want to meet. Big Red this. Choke-Eyes that. U-Conn level of douche-ness but without the money.

Here”s the facts, though. Nebraska ain’t in Kansas anymore. From top to bottom, the B1G is a stronger, better conference than the Big Eight could have ever hoped to be. The Fuskers will NEVER again dominate a conference as they did during the Osborne years. Never.

They may one day be favored most years in the West. But I doubt they’ll ever play for a national title much less be league champions.

Another fact: that former boss was a drunk who I managed to get fired. Although his abrasive manner with our clients/customers alienated them and made the task easier. In other words, he was your typical Nebraska delusional jerk.

Nebraska fans are delusional about where they think their program is but they are pretty much spot on regarding Iowa’s program when they say things like Iowa has plateaued and that they accept mediocrity.

Ditto. Most of my good friends here are somewhat reasonable, but even they are tough to take sometimes.

It will be tougher for Iowa to beat them as long as Martinez stays healthy. I think the series will be even from now on with the home team winning most games. That said I hate nubby fans also.

This is likely accurate. I'd sure enjoy just a couple more in a row first, but it'll get tougher.

Latest posts