I don't love the conference bracket

Talking heads are pretty much giving it to Illinois, which is not unexpected. Michigan is not getting a lot of love, but Purdue is getting a little. Should be fun!

In his promos where he'd always say how he was taking tons of chicks with him down to the hotel in whatever city they were in and paying for everything, I 100% believe he did that.

The amount of coke that guy had in his system on TV was just astounding.
The documentary definitely supported all of his wild behavior.

I posted after the Penn State game that they were the type of team you did NOT want to draw in the conference tournament.

Now we may see them on Friday, on a neutral court and with two wins under their belt. But fatigue may play a factor by then. If Fran loses to a team playing its third game in three days than he has truly screwed the pooch on the BTT.

I posted after the Penn State game that they were the type of team you did NOT want to draw in the conference tournament.

Now we may see them on Friday, on a neutral court and with two wins under their belt. But fatigue may play a factor by then. If Fran loses to a team playing its third game in three days than he has truly screwed the pooch on the BTT.
The biggest problem...Nebraska is their kryptonite. See Iowa vs. Indiana. Lost at hone to NE 62-61 then won there 86-83.

Well, with Fran's record in the BTT, I'd love to at least get to the semis. If Weiskamp doesn't play...we will be lucky to get out of the quarters.

The reason I like the BTT is that if you can get on a roll and win a few games, get to the final...you have really done a trial for the NCAA tournament and proven you can perform with the one and done pressure. Fran's teams haven't shown that...other than an NIT run. He needs to prove it at some point...this year was the year...but Nunge and Weiskamp's injuries certainly hurt the cause.

I really want another shot at Illinois, but would need Joe W. to really stand a chance. The one difference is we lost at their place without CJ Fredrick. CJ makes a huge difference opening things up for all the other guys with his ability to get to that mid range while shooting 50% from 3. Plus would be interesting to see with our defense stepping up a little bit over the last few games.

Only team that truly scares me is Michigan, and it is probably just due to what they did to us a few weeks ago. Michigan State is really showing some life and I think they would be a tough out as well.

In my humble opinion .. ..

I don't think Friday is going to be a problem. It will either be Wiscy playing on 0 days rest or PSU playing their third game in three days.

Having said that .. .. if we lose Friday, it's not so bad for the Dance. We may drop to the 3 line, but I'm OK with that. The difference between 2 & 3 isn't as great as the difference between 1 & 2 .. .. or 3 & 4. No .. I don't believe we'll drop to 4 regardless of what happens Friday.

One win solidifies the 2 line. Two wins doesn't do much more. The only way we get a 1 in the Dance is if we win out. I don't think the committee could ignore (probable) wins over Illinois and Michigan.

(Sidebar - I don't think Mich is a lock for a 1 .. .. )

Simply my 2¢ .. .. ..

2006 was my favorite Big Ten Tournament. Iowa plays 4 games to win it and then boom First round NCAA heartbreaking loss.
Greg Brunner was one of the most underrated Hawkeyes of all time.

As a player he was probably a hair better than Jess Settles. But Settles seems to have more legacy.

Brunner was better, in my opinion.

My take:
Bag the BTT. Play the second team.
We're beat up. Lost Nunge, JW is hurt, CJ is fragile, Garza gets railroaded every night.
It's a showcase event compared to the signifance of the NCAAs.

In my humble opinion .. ..

I don't think Friday is going to be a problem. It will either be Wiscy playing on 0 days rest or PSU playing their third game in three days.

Having said that .. .. if we lose Friday, it's not so bad for the Dance. We may drop to the 3 line, but I'm OK with that. The difference between 2 & 3 isn't as great as the difference between 1 & 2 .. .. or 3 & 4. No .. I don't believe we'll drop to 4 regardless of what happens Friday.

One win solidifies the 2 line. Two wins doesn't do much more. The only way we get a 1 in the Dance is if we win out. I don't think the committee could ignore (probable) wins over Illinois and Michigan.

(Sidebar - I don't think Mich is a lock for a 1 .. .. )

Simply my 2¢ .. .. ..
This.

Whatever dude.
I know no one actually does this sort of thing. Just making the point that the risk/reward of someone like Frederick getting injured again isn't worth playing him extended minutes.
JW has a bad ankle. Let him rest.
It’s completely unrealistic. These guys didn’t sign up to forfeit games/tournaments. And it would be crazy to shut down a team that’s won 7 of 8 and is rolling.

Latest posts