I don't even recognize this team anymore

I don't care if they had a lead and I don't care if one easy basket that rimmed out and then resulted in a 3 on the other end was the difference or not.

The fact remains that this team looks NOWHERE NEAR the same team they were a month ago or, heck, even a week ago when they torched Michigan. Teams are getting to the rim at will on us and they are getting uncontested 3 after uncontested 3. All 3 teams shot over 50% against us and all 3 outrebounded us. We had been one of the top 30 defensive efficiency teams in the country up until the last 3 games and in none of those 3 games were we playing offensive juggernauts. Wisconsin, while they've scored more this year than typical, still scored nearly 80 points and shot 75% in the first half. Minnesota had posted TOTAL points of between 46 and 54 points in their last 3 games and then 95 against us. Indiana had struggled to get to 70 points in the last month and got to 93 against us.

That type of effort and intensity isn't "one or two breaks away from winning". It's a total and complete reversal from who we've been all year. It speaks of something systemic more than a passing fancy.
That was only a week ago? Jeebus....seems like it was a month!

Latest posts