I disconnect Directv finally after 10 yrs.

atomicblue224

and Centrylink.I disconnect both of them and decided to subscribe to Mediascum.com for internet only. I brought Roku and hook it up to Internet. it seems to be working pretty good. I hope to subscribe to BTN to go app on my Roku. I hope to subscribe to Sling TV . Heck I don't have time for no more than few channels. I'm wishing we have simple tv

So do you think you'll be able to watch all Hawkeye games on your Roku? Both basketball and football? What about NFL?

These things are all the main reason I've stayed "connected". If I can figure out a way to guarantee myself I have access to all of the above I will disconnect.

I dropped directy in april after the bball season. I wasnt going back. Then in July I got the directv offer for a free $200 debit card and $30 a month choice offer the first year with free NFL ticket. directv makes a big profit margin on the regular subscribers . but you have to watch them as the nfl ticket auto renews the next year and they try to sneak in some charges on you (they tried to sell me my receiver for $99).

People on this board have read my rants about how bad the programming on cable and directy have gotten. I am with other posters and if I could just buy the 10 channels I want in a cafeteria plan and pay per view. I would pay a few bucks a game to buy hawkeye events that are not on cable channels I have.

FYI, if you use Roku, you can load any channel you want. ACCESSING is a different matter. You need valid username/password from "partner" provider.

I use Roku, as well. Thinking about adding PlaystationVue subscription for football season. You can supposedly get ESPN/BTN/FS1 & 2, et. al.

FYI, if you use Roku, you can load any channel you want. ACCESSING is a different matter. You need valid username/password from "partner" provider.

I use Roku, as well. Thinking about adding PlaystationVue subscription for football season. You can supposedly get ESPN/BTN/FS1 & 2, et. al.

I'm stuck with mediacom at the moment, 2 year contract that's up next march. Had to go that route due to my apartment location (no possibility for satellite) I will be looking at dish/direct tv, playstation vue and other options when i go to new apartment. mediacom for reasons i cannot comprehend decided des moines is part of the st. louis media market so i get the fox sports networks. unfortunately im a chicago sports fan (sans white sox) but comcast is not even an option at other cable packages.

You guys might be interested in this:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/n...=Google&utm_term=ps-se-1232&utm_content=Vue#1

I was surprised to see that BTN was included, at least in the Core Slim package or higher. Just go to "see plans". I'm thinking about doing this and dumping FIOS/Frontier and using the Hangouts app for phone calls (free), and just having internet. Just another option anyway, it appears.

Ah, I see Bob beat me to it but it looks promising.

I've been a subscriber of PS Vue for 3-4 months now. I've got all ESPN's, BTN, FS, and all local sports channels here in Chicago. So far I've been able to watch all sports I want. My only wish is that it had the NFL Network. Despite that, I'm happy I made the move and don't ever plan on going back to cable or satellite.

You guys might be interested in this:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/n...=Google&utm_term=ps-se-1232&utm_content=Vue#1

I was surprised to see that BTN was included, at least in the Core Slim package or higher. Just go to "see plans". I'm thinking about doing this and dumping FIOS/Frontier and using the Hangouts app for phone calls (free), and just having internet. Just another option anyway, it appears.

Ah, I see Bob beat me to it but it looks promising.

Great business move by Playstation to solidify a customer base.

Will have to check it out. Currently have DTV and pretty much sick of them after 1 year. Going to check to see when my contract is up & do something. Their HD picture is superb but getting blacked out of many Cubs games is all I could handle. That's the deal breaker. Losing signal is 2nd to that.

I cut the cord a few years ago, haven't looked back. Keep in mind that you get most basic cable channels with Mediacom internet. They start at 51-2 and go all the way to 92-??

Just connect your TV to the cable line and scan for channels and you can get History, Discovery, Fox News, MSNBC, local news, even BTN etc without having to pay that extra amount. I've gotten the extra channels since they did the digital upgrade a few months back.

Cut cable 3 years ago. I can find anything I want online through a friends DTV/Dish/Cable logins or pirated streams. It might not be on the up and up but I'm not willing to pay $50 a month for the 12 hours of programming a month I would watch.

Cut cable 3 years ago. I can find anything I want online through a friends DTV/Dish/Cable logins or pirated streams. It might not be on the up and up but I'm not willing to pay $50 a month for the 12 hours of programming a month I would watch.

Can you find every live football or basketball game?

I cut the cord a few years ago, haven't looked back. Keep in mind that you get most basic cable channels with Mediacom internet. They start at 51-2 and go all the way to 92-??

Just connect your TV to the cable line and scan for channels and you can get History, Discovery, Fox News, MSNBC, local news, even BTN etc without having to pay that extra amount. I've gotten the extra channels since they did the digital upgrade a few months back.

Is that "free" cable all HD or SD?

I was thinking of this too. So here is where I'm at with my sports channels (Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bears). For Fox and ABC I got a long range over the air antenna. ESPN and FS1 are on sling. I can get btn 2 go for btn plus on roku. However I see from the site many games still say TV provider required. As for ESPN, I did not see ESPNU on sling, I know some Iowa games are on there. I would also want to use e WatchESPN roku app for some basketball, and re-watching games. I think that requires a TV subscription also. would I be able to sign into WatchESPN with a sling account?

Has anyone here gotten all these channels without dish or cable?

I was thinking of this too. So here is where I'm at with my sports channels (Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bears). For Fox and ABC I got a long range over the air antenna. ESPN and FS1 are on sling. I can get btn 2 go for btn plus on roku. However I see from the site many games still say TV provider required. As for ESPN, I did not see ESPNU on sling, I know some Iowa games are on there. I would also want to use e WatchESPN roku app for some basketball, and re-watching games. I think that requires a TV subscription also. would I be able to sign into WatchESPN with a sling account?

Has anyone here gotten all these channels without dish or cable?

Good lord. I'll just keep paying a cable or satellite provider for convenience. :)

playstation vue is pretty much the same as sling and is on roku, but you get all the channels you were looking for besides the channels you need an antenna for. 35 bucks a month and you should be plenty happy

Latest posts