I did somewhat renew my season tickets.

uihawk82

I wasnt going to renew the 6 tickets I buy. I have been buying at least two tickets since 1974 and 4-6 tickets for 20 years, most times my buddies buy 2-4 of the season tickets so I really purchase two each year.

But I wasnt going to renew at all and leave one friend and his wife sort of in the lurch (although now is an easy time to become a new season ticket holder).

But I had had it after last year watching the same hawk stuff when I was forced to watch 5 home games from home and it was really OK with it.

Two of my buddies said they were done buying. Another friend wants to sit with us so he is said he would buy one of my two.

So I am only shelling out really for one ticket, two other tickets go to someone who has been buying two from me for 20 years, and now one other friend.

So how many of you season ticket holders are renewing and how many are not?

I am not a season ticket holder, but I do plan to attend more games live this year than in previous years. While watching Iowa Football on TV is great, there is nothing like seeing the team play at Kinnick Stadium! Finally this defense is really flying and hitting hard. I love seeing a good strong Iowa team shut down opponents and hit them hard. Go Hawks!

I am not a season ticket holder, but I do plan to attend more games live this year than in previous years. While watching Iowa Football on TV is great, there is nothing like seeing the team play at Kinnick Stadium! Finally this defense is really flying and hitting hard. I love seeing a good strong Iowa team shut down opponents and hit them hard. Go Hawks!

You are going to have a lot of fun this year messing with people. Can't say I've ever seen a poster like you, it's kind of awesome.

So how many of you season ticket holders are renewing and how many are not?

Not renewing at Iowa. Renewed at Northwestern, where 2 good tickets and good parking cost the same as one ticket at Iowa and where I don't get sweated by some 5'1" tall cop from Solon who has a little man problem. Barta's selling a pig in a poke and I ain't going to another game (other than when Iowa plays at NU) until Greg Davis is gone. It is an insult to the fans' intelligence for that Texas washout to be calling our offense. It is also absurd for our home schedule to be as crappy as it is this year. Maybe we'll win 8 or 9 games because of how soft the schedule is (I doubt it, though), but there is absolutely nothing that excites me about Iowa football right now other than the black and gold swarm descending on Evanston in a few months and crushing brews in the parking lot with some Hawk fans.

I'm still seriously angry from that Ball State game last year. I refuse to accept that our team has fallen to a level where it needs a miracle comeback to beat a mid-level MAC team (though I guess in hindsight that was better than the losses to Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois). Hey Barta, the foregoing post is the definition of apathy.

And to think this program actually curb stomped your NW program last year despite a dumpster fire.

Have fun sitting in that glorified erector set of a stadium where half the fans or more are from the opposing fan base. Do not forget to enjoy using those restroom facilities that are from the 1800's as well.

Renewed #2 tickets. Section 108.

The games are part of a bigger 'weekend extravaganza' which I enjoy.

I'll also be road-tripping to Indiana this year.

The secondary market will have super cheap tickets in bunches. You can still get your fix while (somewhat) sticking it to the football program.

The secondary market will have super cheap tickets in bunches. You can still get your fix while (somewhat) sticking it to the football program.

Yep, I was going to pick and choose what games I went to and buy cheap tickets.

I basically bought one ticket to get three for my buddies. If this year is a **** pile then my buddies are on their own.

And to think this program actually curb stomped your NW program last year despite a dumpster fire.

Have fun sitting in that glorified erector set of a stadium where half the fans or more are from the opposing fan base. Do not forget to enjoy using those restroom facilities that are from the 1800's as well.

I will have fun sitting at Northwestern games because there is actually room to sit without some 350 pound lardbutt and his fat wife trying to cram in next to me, though I suspect that will become less and less of a problem as fans with a half a brain begin to stay away in droves. But that is a sick burn - Iowa beat Northwestern. Oh wow, that will get my panties moist about dropping about $800 per seat and driving 8 hours round trip to watch a 7-6 level ball club. Anyone who supports this team while Greg Davis is the OC needs his head examined.

Done with Kirk ... Done with Iowa football .. Done with our idiot AD ... Won't set foot in Kinnick until both Kirk and Gary are gone ... 35-year fan ... Former I-Club board member ... season ticket holder for 10 years ... No way will I settle for mediocre football ... Won't watch it and sure as he** won't contribute toward it ... Gary thinks that a couple of night games and additional hour of tailgating are going to fix the hole in the Titanic he is as crazy as the fans who keep shelling out money for tickets ...

Just like I won't spend money on a bad movie ... bad restaurant ... bad anything ... I won't keep paying to see mediocrity live and in person ...

A million others things to do in the Des Moines area then hop in the car for Iowa City ... Used to enjoy bringing over my full tailgating parking lot set up ... The tent, grills ... chairs ... We always had a hopping tailgate ... Now ... any of those people who used to join us no longer get season tickets as well ... Iowa ... wake up ... This is a HUGE problem when you have this many fans tuning out in droves ... Never, ever seen apathy like this ... In 35 years ... I know some of you from small-town Iowa look at Iowa City as a mini vacation ... but nothing will change in Iowa City until YOU (the fans) stop coming ... Iowa football is a joke ... Our AD is a joke and our head coach is tired, boring ... and is slowly winding down for his exit ... Well ... Iowa needs to show him his exit and not let Kirk continue to drag the program down farther because every season he walks the sideline from here on out will make it harder and harder for this program to bounce back ... WAKE UP!

I will have fun sitting at Northwestern games because there is actually room to sit without some 350 pound lardbutt and his fat wife trying to cram in next to me, though I suspect that will become less and less of a problem as fans with a half a brain begin to stay away in droves. But that is a sick burn - Iowa beat Northwestern. Oh wow, that will get my panties moist about dropping about $800 per seat and driving 8 hours round trip to watch a 7-6 level ball club. Anyone who supports this team while Greg Davis is the OC needs his head examined.

Amen ... Don't miss the season tickets whatsoever ... This is a sinking program ... Kirk knows it ... I respected Kirk as a man ... but I would respect him a heck of a lot more if he agreed to reach an agreement with Barta to "step away" from the program ... versus collecting his big fat check each month and sinking a once-proud program ...

Reach an agreement that lets Kirk ride off into the sunset ... with his fat wallet still full of checks from the U of Iowa ... Let Iowa start the process to rebuild ... I went from respecting Kirk to simply despising everything he says ... He is boring ... tired ... and is sinking the program and is being selfish for staying on ... Iowa football was around much longer before the Kirk and Gary show ... and yet these two individuals are sinking it ... And we are letting them ...

Finally gave up our last two season tickets this year (down from 6 a few years ago). The tailgating atmosphere just hasn't been nearly as fun, and with the football team struggling, well...

Last year, I didn't end up going to a game. I ended up selling/giving away my tickets all season. Partially because I was busy with other stuff, but mostly because I just didn't care enough to put in the effort.

For me Iowa football takes priority over anything else if it is on. I missed both my sisters wedding receptions for Iowa football. From my earliest days the program and the players of all Iowa sports have been there for. At times where so many other people rejected me Iowa sports was there for me. Even during the off season videos and stories of past victories encourage me.

I believe that this will be a good team. I like what the coaching staff has achieved here too. However even if they were not I would still be loyal. I did not miss a single game even in the 1998-2000 span. As long as I am physically able I will continue with my loyalty. I have not even watched another team unless someone else was controling the remote in many years. When I see other people turn their backs on this team it makes me want to show my support even more. I am sure that the coaches and players appreciate it very much. Go Hawks!

I wish I had your optimism. I used to. It used to be that I never missed an Iowa game. Unfortunately, that has all just faded away into apathy the last couple of years...

For me Iowa football takes priority over anything else if it is on. I missed both my sisters wedding receptions for Iowa football. From my earliest days the program and the players of all Iowa sports have been there for. At times where so many other people rejected me Iowa sports was there for me. Even during the off season videos and stories of past victories encourage me.

I believe that this will be a good team. I like what the coaching staff has achieved here too. However even if they were not I would still be loyal. I did not miss a single game even in the 1998-2000 span. As long as I am physically able I will continue with my loyalty. I have not even watched another team unless someone else was controling the remote in many years. When I see other people turn their backs on this team it makes me want to show my support even more. I am sure that the coaches and players appreciate it very much. Go Hawks!

That's awesome that Iowa was your friend when no one else wanted to be but the bolded section in your post is the reason why you still think we have a good team. This also means you have no idea how the college football landscape is today and where Iowa falls in it. This season watch a few other games and educate yourself.

Touching, "Nick". Your dedication is admirable (admirably creepy and disturbing) and I'm sure your sisters & family (the other patients in your ward) took no issue with your prioritizing (delusional obsession) with Hawkeye sports.

Summers must be incredibly long (and lonely, since your only friend is off season) but, hang in there, fall is only a few short months away and you can look forward to palling around with Kurt, I mean, Kirt, I mean, KIRK! and the boys as they give their all to prove you right.

By the way, it's tragic that Nile had to pass so soon and suddenly, here, because I bet he'd be honored that you almost share the same name ... Hawknick ... Kinnick ... It's no wonder you have such a strong affinity to the Iowa sports as you both are iconic in your support and representation of the Hawks.

No thanks, If I don't care about a team I will not spend my time watching them outside of when they play Iowa.

Latest posts