I did somewhat renew my season tickets.

Actually the summers are fine. Iowa baseball is rocking! Lots of videos of past games are available. Plus there is planning for next season. I have more time to research the players and positions during the summer than during the season. I never thought about connection with Nile Kinnick, but that is cool! I have always thought that if he would have been a lock to become governor and maybe even President. He could have beat JFK in 1960.

For me Iowa football takes priority over anything else if it is on. I missed both my sisters wedding receptions for Iowa football. From my earliest days the program and the players of all Iowa sports have been there for. At times where so many other people rejected me Iowa sports was there for me. Even during the off season videos and stories of past victories encourage me.

I believe that this will be a good team. I like what the coaching staff has achieved here too. However even if they were not I would still be loyal. I did not miss a single game even in the 1998-2000 span. As long as I am physically able I will continue with my loyalty. I have not even watched another team unless someone else was controling the remote in many years. When I see other people turn their backs on this team it makes me want to show my support even more. I am sure that the coaches and players appreciate it very much. Go Hawks!

Lord knows I've done my fair share of trolling, but I hope to God this a troll job because if it isn't, that first paragraph just absolutely rips my heart out and craps on it.

I'll always love Iowa football, but right now I'm just not in love with it. The amount of goodwill that the entire University burned with me when I lost my seats is stunning and they can sit and spin if they think I'm going to give them another nickel. I totally get the money grab they did in 2005, as the program looked like it was taking the proverbial "next step" but now between the moron calling the offense, Ferentz's paycheck, the tailgating restrictions, the cost of tickets and the fact I lost my seats, they've managed to take a lifelong fan and make him completely apathetic. I've seen some just absolutely craptastic football, but I can pinpoint the moment where I said "I'm done." It was late in the third quarter of the Ball State game. The d-nozzle who wedged himself into my old seats between me and my buddy from Naperville was complaining that I was "talking over him" to complain about Greg Davis and after another inept drive, my buddy just bounced claiming he had seen enough and did machine gun middle fingers at the a**clown sitting between us. That went over like a fart in church on Easter Sunday.

Anyway, the next weekend I spent my Saturday crushing beers at the NASCAR race in Joliet and there were honestly more Hawk fans there than supporters of any particular driver or any other sports team. As we huddled around an iPhone autorefreshing the score and saw the Hawks lost to Iowa State yet again (a common occurrence under the 4 million dollar man) we all breathed a sigh of relief knowing we made the right call going to the NASCAR race. I can take Ferentz taking a knee in Columbus. I can take him giving up the fake punt against Wisconsin that everyone saw coming. I can take him snapping a 20 some game home winning streak due to bad play calling in the red zone against Michigan in 2005, but by God, I cannot take him constantly getting trucked by ISU and either losing to or narrowly beating MAC teams and then the Athletic Department having the gall to charge me $800 for a season ticket and then giving my seats to some doosh knuckle. Hell, now that I typed out my rant, I am reminded of the saying regarding there being a fine line between love and hate and I think I might actually hate Iowa football right now because I just had a flashback of the second half against Nebraska and the bowl game and feel like someone has taken a crap in my mouth like I'm in some German scat video.

No, that story is true. I did however miss portions of the first half of those games for the actual weddings, and I did make portions of the receptions after the games ended. Both games had disappointing results. I can't help but think if they could have been wins if I had given the team my full support and attention each time.

When we support the team positively it creates a mental energy field that gives the team an edge. If I don't do my job fully there is a lapse in the field. The same goes for other fans. Negative energy has an equal effect to hinder the teams efforts. This is why winning percentage is higher at home than on the road. Teams with the greatest fan support have an even bigger edge. We all should do our part to help.

Group had 6 tickets, I had 2 of those, and none of us are renewing. We are probably going to keep the tailgating spot and hit a couple games and get tickets of the secondary market. The group that tailgates next to us is gonna still go down to every game to tailgate, but just watch on their TV in the lot or get secondary tickets as well. They will use our spot when we don't go, so that should work out well, they are great group to tailgate next to, so we don't want to lose that.

Group had 6 tickets, I had 2 of those, and none of us are renewing. We are probably going to keep the tailgating spot and hit a couple games and get tickets of the secondary market. The group that tailgates next to us is gonna still go down to every game to tailgate, but just watch on their TV in the lot or get secondary tickets as well. They will use our spot when we don't go, so that should work out well, they are great group to tailgate next to, so we don't want to lose that.

^^A sad story that it came to this. I know a lot of people didnt renew and will buy tickets and go to a few games. I know I could easily go to just the 4 big 10 games which is what I am really most interested in and probably only spend $20 on a ticket. I could see 4 games for $100 instead of $600 which is a pretty easy decision (that I didnt make this year). But now that my other buddy has moved his two tickets with us and bought one of mine if I dont see some exciting football this year from the coaches they can renew without me.

So many fans just want to see the hawk coaches go off their ****** especially on offense. I loved it in 2013 when Phil Parker made some changes and blitzed more. He knew he had a special lbkr group. I have been waiting for some exciting offense the last few years and it aint here yet.

For me Iowa football takes priority over anything else if it is on. I missed both my sisters wedding receptions for Iowa football. From my earliest days the program and the players of all Iowa sports have been there for. At times where so many other people rejected me Iowa sports was there for me. Even during the off season videos and stories of past victories encourage me.I believe that this will be a good team. I like what the coaching staff has achieved here too. However even if they were not I would still be loyal. I did not miss a single game even in the 1998-2000 span. As long as I am physically able I will continue with my loyalty. I have not even watched another team unless someone else was controling the remote in many years. When I see other people turn their backs on this team it makes me want to show my support even more. I am sure that the coaches and players appreciate it very much. Go Hawks!
And gosh darn it nick, people like you! You're good enough, smart enough, and people like you!

When we support the team positively it creates a mental energy field that gives the team an edge. If I don't do my job fully there is a lapse in the field. The same goes for other fans. Negative energy has an equal effect to hinder the teams efforts. This is why winning percentage is higher at home than on the road. Teams with the greatest fan support have an even bigger edge. We all should do our part to help.
Ahhh haaa! I've identified nickie. L. Ron Hubbard. Scientology. It all makes sense.

Not renewing at Iowa. Renewed at Northwestern, where 2 good tickets and good parking cost the same as one ticket at Iowa and where I don't get sweated by some 5'1" tall cop from Solon who has a little man problem. Barta's selling a pig in a poke and I ain't going to another game (other than when Iowa plays at NU) until Greg Davis is gone. It is an insult to the fans' intelligence for that Texas washout to be calling our offense. It is also absurd for our home schedule to be as crappy as it is this year. Maybe we'll win 8 or 9 games because of how soft the schedule is (I doubt it, though), but there is absolutely nothing that excites me about Iowa football right now other than the black and gold swarm descending on Evanston in a few months and crushing brews in the parking lot with some Hawk fans.

I'm still seriously angry from that Ball State game last year. I refuse to accept that our team has fallen to a level where it needs a miracle comeback to beat a mid-level MAC team (though I guess in hindsight that was better than the losses to Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Northern Illinois). Hey Barta, the foregoing post is the definition of apathy.
"Maybe we'll win 8 or 9 games"? If Ferentz wins 8 or 9 games with the talent and staff that he has, he should be coach of the year. On the other hand, if he doesn't, he should be fired - given Iowa's strength of schedule. I think Iowa could be 1-3 in pre-season. They will go no better than 4-4 in conference, probably worse than that. At best, I see Iowa 5-7 this season. Never acceptable.

No, that story is true. I did however miss portions of the first half of those games for the actual weddings, and I did make portions of the receptions after the games ended. Both games had disappointing results. I can't help but think if they could have been wins if I had given the team my full support and attention each time.

Does this mean our fans were acting like the devil when Minnesota and Tennessee totally destroyed us? Seriously ... you live in Colorado? Dang, makes me want Iowa to legalize pot sooner than later because you found some good stuff my man ...

Latest posts