I dare to predict 25 wins+ this season!

Hey, we won 7 more games last year than we did the year before. If we continue that trend, we'll be at 25. It's a natural progression. The wild card in all this is our coaching staff, who I think are as underrated as our team.

Last edited:
Hey, we won 7 more games last year than we did the year before. If we continue that trend, we'll be at 25. It's a natural progression. The wild card in all this is our coaching staff, who I think are as underrated as our team.
Bingo That is exactly what i was trying to tell the guys, thank you, brother!

I am with you, Atomic, I can see it happening. The tide has turned indeed. Bodyslamming fantastic, Bro.....

Working on an ExDoll's laptop. It has been torture, not having the internet. Tomorrow I will be back.....

The progress made last year and the win against Dayton and the close loss at Oregon are very good signs for this season with the new outstanding recruits......

:)

Well, it's not all that hard for a good coach to add 7 to an 11-win season. Adding 7 more to an 18 win season - a little different story. I'm not saying it's impossible, but....

There's definitely room for significant improvement this year, so I guess I'm not sure exactly what to expect from this year's team. We'll be playing lots of freshmen and sophomores, so we could see some inconsistency early on. Good news is that the earlier season schedule is pretty soft, so hopefully the team can get through the non-con in pretty good shape.

20 wins and sneaking into the NCAA Tournament at ANY seed is my goal for this year. Anything more is gravy in my book. I won't be upset if it's NIT again this year, though. Next year IMO (2013-14) is the year I think we really should EXPECT to go dancing.

It's nice feeling optimistic about the program for a change, though!

19-20 wins going into B1G tournament. End the season with 22-23 wins. Next year they could definitely make a run at 25 wins. It's great to actually be talking about this team in a positive light...thank you Fran!

It's great to actually be talking about this team in a positive light...thank you Fran!

Nothing personal to you goiahawks, but can we, as a community, agree to stop saying this? It has been said 1,000 times before, multiple times in this thread alone, and it is not fresh, insightful, or telling. Yes, we're happy the basketball team is better, do we need to keep reminding ourselves?

Nothing personal to you goiahawks, but can we, as a community, agree to stop saying this? It has been said 1,000 times before, multiple times in this thread alone, and it is not fresh, insightful, or telling. Yes, we're happy the basketball team is better, do we need to keep reminding ourselves?
It's sort of like 'pinch me I think I maybe dreaming' syndrome.

I don't know what you are all smoking in this thread, but I think I got a contact high by just reading through it!

Ghost knows I am all hoped up on this team, but 25 wins! That's like ghost saying you have to have a minimum of 12-13 B1G wins to make the dance. JK ghost ;)

If we eliminated all the cliched posts on this board there would be about 9 posts left.

And, yeah, this one would be eliminated too because making fun of the board for being stupid is becoming cliched.

If we eliminated all the cliched posts on this board there would be about 9 posts left.

And, yeah, this one would be eliminated too because making fun of the board for being stupid is becoming cliched.

Making fun of the board for being stupid is the only thing I ever read here that is relevant and insightful.

I personally see nothing wrong with high expectations, same as Fran and the team......

I just have a positive outlook, although the season after this one is the one I am most excited about.....

Atomic might not be far off. I can see them winning 20 games at least this season.....

Some prefer to be gloomy about the prospects, then they are not disappointed if we do not do well. Some look at things with a more positive aspect. To each his own.....

I personally see nothing wrong with high expectations, same as Fran and the team......

I just have a positive outlook, although the season after this one is the one I am most excited about.....

Atomic might not be far off. I can see them winning 20 games at least this season.....

Some prefer to be gloomy about the prospects, then they are not disappointed if we do not do well. Some look at things with a more positive aspect. To each his own.....

Spot on Jack. I'm like you, I can have expectations, and if the team doesn't reach them I look at it as my expectation were off. It doesn't ruin the season for me at all.

Spot on Jack. I'm like you, I can have expectations, and if the team doesn't reach them I look at it as my expectation were off. It doesn't ruin the season for me at all.

Heresy! You are supposed to beat your fist on your armrest and yell at the TV that you demand perfection at all times.

That would be 12-1 pre-season and 9-9 B1G. Weird to think that that almost sounds reasonable. If we're unbeaten going into December, it's a number I'd pencil in.

- 21-10 with a 9-9 BIG10 record and on the bubble...we're out....Iowa's RPI will be in the 150's by March...pre-Big10 schedule is WEAK to say the least....

Latest posts