I could foresee THIS playing out..

Jonesy86

Since Hawkeye football is about the only thing I have to look forward to, I'm forced to think optimistically. Here's how I could see our season going.

MO St---
Not damaged by the loss, the offense and defense play more consistently. Not a runaway, but still convincing win 31-10 range.

ISU--
Hard fought game but a win, potentially on defensive stop or defensive score

C Mich---
Playing like a real team by now with another convincing win, and people are starting to back away from the ledge..

B1G

Perhaps 4-4 while staying competitive in losses, maybe even an upset.

Nice win in the bowl game to end 8-5 and fans are optimistic again.

Hope you are right.

I have it in my mind that this team can hang some points on ISU. Don't think this D can be counted on to win any games this year.

Since Hawkeye football is about the only thing I have to look forward to, I'm forced to think optimistically. Here's how I could see our season going.MO St---Not damaged by the loss, the offense and defense play more consistently. Not a runaway, but still convincing win 31-10 range.ISU--Hard fought game but a win, potentially on defensive stop or defensive scoreC Mich---Playing like a real team by now with another convincing win, and people are starting to back away from the ledge..B1GPerhaps 4-4 while staying competitive in losses, maybe even an upset.Nice win in the bowl game to end 8-5 and fans are optimistic again.
You are absolutely insane. I mean seriously, see a therapist.

Since Hawkeye football is about the only thing I have to look forward to, I'm forced to think optimistically. Here's how I could see our season going.

MO St---
Not damaged by the loss, the offense and defense play more consistently. Not a runaway, but still convincing win 31-10 range.

ISU--
Hard fought game but a win, potentially on defensive stop or defensive score

C Mich---
Playing like a real team by now with another convincing win, and people are starting to back away from the ledge..

B1G

Perhaps 4-4 while staying competitive in losses, maybe even an upset.

Nice win in the bowl game to end 8-5 and fans are optimistic again.

It is more plausible than monkeys flying out of my butt.

So there's that.

The season isn't lost. I watched the game today. There are some good things. O line wasn't as dominant as I thought they would be. Need Powell on the field a lot more. Need to get te more involved. Stupid penalties is what lost this game along with a poor pass. Don't jump off the cliff just yet.

The season isn't lost. I watched the game today. There are some good things. O line wasn't as dominant as I thought they would be. Need Powell on the field a lot more. Need to get te more involved. Stupid penalties is what lost this game along with a poor pass. Don't jump off the cliff just yet.

I do agree this looked better than anything I saw last year but it was still riddled with tons of issues and it was still not good enough to beat a MAC team.

We go to the ends of the earth to recruit a new wide receiver playmaking speedster who immediately looks the part, makes a big play his first time on the field and then plays a whopping 4 plays. That is just the epitome of a losing program.

We had the entire off season to prepare physically and mentally for a new season and a home opener against a good MAC team that was very beatable and still failed. That was a STATEMENT game and we lost, we had the guys who were cramping not NIU, the scoreboard did not work and is not that great and the opening timing for the team was screwed up. There are MASSIVE issues in our athletic department.

I was extremely confident that we would win the opener and bounce back this season but now I am thinking we might be looking at 3-4 wins max and maybe less.

I could see Iowa winning out until OSU, then dropping the rest of the games- except Purdue. Another nice way to end the season.

We go to the ends of the earth to recruit a new wide receiver playmaking speedster who immediately looks the part, makes a big play his first time on the field and then plays a whopping 4 plays. That is just the epitome of a losing program.

Amazing, isn't it?

I know that in my own life, when I find something that works, I go with it, and if it stops working, then I adapt.

I don't preemptively pull the plug on a working system. Because that would be stupid. I guess you gotta be pulling in 4 Mil per for preemptive plug pulling to stop being stupid. A special insight only that kind of dolla can buy.

Or something.

For those that saw the game (I listed to a downtrodden Dolph/Podolak), is there an honest chance we lose to Mo St next weekend? In all seriousness?

No, but western Michigan could beat us. Their coach is a young exuberant maniac who will have them believing and competing. Could the ferentz MAC home losing streak go to 3? Would we finish .500 in the MAC? Probably not, and I bet ferentz makes more than all of the MAC coaches combined.

For those that saw the game (I listed to a downtrodden Dolph/Podolak), is there an honest chance we lose to Mo St next weekend? In all seriousness?

We were in jeopardy of losing to Arkansas State with a team far more talented than this one. We should have lost to UNI with a team that qualified for the Orange Bowl.

What I'm saying is that with Kurt, anything is possible.

It's very possible. For those that want KF gone, losing to MO State would be just what the doctor ordered.

Latest posts