"I can't watch this *HIT." Fran

th

One thing that I have not heard anyone comment on; Fran has two wins against Moo U.......two. Personally, it is not that big of a deal to me, but think of all of the crap Ferentz used to get about being 500 (not any more) against them. Fire Fran.

The frustrating thing is they can play well at times. But when they face just a little adversity they fall to shit. Defense is about effort and pride. Even bad players can play tough defense if they know what they're doing. I've seen so many just basic fundamental mistakes this year. I can't believe these players played high school ball let alone AAU. Shocking lack of basketball IQ on this team.

The frustrating thing is they can play well at times. But when they face just a little adversity they fall to shit. Defense is about effort and pride. Even bad players can play tough defense if they know what they're doing. I've seen so many just basic fundamental mistakes this year. I can't believe these players played high school ball let alone AAU. Shocking lack of basketball IQ on this team.

We are probably the worst team I've seen at boxing out.

But for all we know, Fran is drilling something specific into the players heads over and over, and they kept screwing it up.

In which case he's either really lousy at coaching...or he recruited an entire team of guys who are uncoachable. (I think #1 is more likely)

In which case he's either really lousy at coaching...or he recruited an entire team of guys who are uncoachable. (I think #1 is more likely)

That's not true if it's one circumstance that led him to say it. But someone mentioned that they weren't playing worse than normal that game anyway.

My original point was, if one guy is lighting 3s over and over and the coach is repeatedly telling him not to lose that guy, but they keep losing him, the coach would probably say "I can't watch this shit".

That's not true if it's one circumstance that led him to say it. But someone mentioned that they weren't playing worse than normal that game anyway.

My original point was, if one guy is lighting 3s over and over and the coach is repeatedly telling him not to lose that guy, but they keep losing him, the coach would probably say "I can't watch this shit".
Again its context. If this team was last year's team and someone was screwing up their defensive assignment over and over one game I think its fine. When the team is hot putrid garbage all year long I think its a bad look for the coach to say that because it prompts an obvious "you're telling us!?" from the fans.

I get ya, but the earlier post was ...maybe the guys just aren't doing what Fran wants, thus his ICWTS frustration. I'd suggest that in year 8 if you can't your players to do what you want (and this isn't really about one game, it's the whole season)... your coaching is lacking. Or you've got the wrong players...which is an extension of your coaching.

I get ya, but the earlier post was ...maybe the guys just aren't doing what Fran wants, thus his ICWTS frustration. I'd suggest that in year 8 if you can't your players to do what you want (and this isn't really about one game, it's the whole season)... your coaching is lacking. Or you've got the wrong players...which is an extension of your coaching.
But in fairness, his last group of players did what he wanted. Also if I was a coach and recruited the wrong group of players who wouldn't do what I wanted, I would know it was technically my fault and still say I can't watch this shit.

Again its context. If this team was last year's team and someone was screwing up their defensive assignment over and over one game I think its fine. When the team is hot putrid garbage all year long I think its a bad look for the coach to say that because it prompts an obvious "you're telling us!?" from the fans.

I agree and even referenced that in my post. I was just explaining my point before you said that, which I think still has some merit, just not near as much.

What really is Fran complaining about. JBo and Ellison strike no fear in today's Big player. Hand in the face D only works if the player really fears his shot will be blocked. One head fake clears Dailey, Moss, Nudge, Cook and Garza on the perimeter. One two dribble drive completely collapses the zone and is an easy kick out for a wide open 3. Do they even practice defending head fakes. It's like this team has never seen one before. Some of this is experience. Nudge and Garza have to get used to the speed of D1 players. The rest of the players are playing like first year junior high players. Head fakes, close outs, deny the ball, watching the ball not the man, stopping dribble penetration, do these terms mean anything to these guys?

Latest posts