"I can't watch this *HIT." Fran

Well I DVRed the game and went out and had lunch with my family. It’s sunny here in Provo, Utah and about 65 degrees. Going out for a movie in about half an hour. It’s been a great day.

Now maybe if I get bored later tonight and want to just watch and see how certain individuals played then I might do that.

Time to mail it in. The only hope is if the team does the unthinkable in the Big Ten Tournament. That would be halarious!! I would have a better chance of hitting the power ball.

I never thought the day would come when I wondered whether the football team would have more conference wins going into the season.

Can we confirm that comment wasn't taken out of context and he was actually discussing his "Building a Championship Defense" DVD?

A team is playing bad and the coach says "I can't watch this shit". That has to be the first time that's ever happened.
I get what you mean, but its a bad look. Like I said, the chef doesn't get to say the food is bad without some side eye coming his/her way.

I get what you mean, but its a bad look. Like I said, the chef doesn't get to say the food is bad without some side eye coming his/her way.

You should hear what Calipari says to his players. Saying I can't watch this shit when they aren't performing how they are supposed to is a very natural thing to say in that situation.

You should hear what Calipari says to his players. Saying I can't watch this shit when they aren't performing how they are supposed to is a very natural thing to say in that situation.
Just looks bad when at the time the opponent was shredding Fran’s zone, Fran was running Brady Ellingson out there for the first time all night when it went from a tie game to a 10 point IU lead, not to mention that is hardly the first time his team has played like that this year.

Just looks bad when at the time the opponent was shredding Fran’s zone, Fran was running Brady Ellingson out there for the first time all night when it went from a tie game to a 10 point IU lead, not to mention that is hardly the first time his team has played like that this year.

But for all we know, Fran is drilling something specific into the players heads over and over, and they kept screwing it up.

But for all we know, Fran is drilling something specific into the players heads over and over, and they kept screwing it up.
Oh come on. This gets down to "its Fran's fault regardless." Either he's not coaching it correctly or he recruited dumb players.

Oh come on. This gets down to "its Fran's fault regardless." Either he's not coaching it correctly or he recruited dumb players.

Wouldn't you think every coach in the history of coaches has been frustrated with how their team was playing at some point?

Wouldn't you think every coach in the history of coaches has been frustrated with how their team was playing at some point?
Yes, as others have pointed out, when they are playing uncharacteristically bad. When it is the same thing every game you're frustration at the players is misdirected. I've said I think Fran is a bubble P6 coach. He's being exposed a bit this year and we'll see if he can recover. I don't think he can.

Yes, as others have pointed out, when they are playing uncharacteristically bad. When it is the same thing every game you're frustration at the players is misdirected. I've said I think Fran is a bubble P6 coach. He's being exposed a bit this year and we'll see if he can recover. I don't think he can.

Good point.

Latest posts