I am officially concerned about the remaining portal signees

The OL was a mess this year, but it was young. We all seem to agree that Richmon is legit at LT. We tried to plug a hole at RT with Colby and it was wildly unsuccessful, but if you did not see better play out of him at LG, you were not paying attention. He has been pretty good playing at guard the last two years and I think he will be above average to good the next two seasons.

The verdict is out on Jones, but based upon Iowa's ability to develop talented athletes on the OL, I would agree with the post that he ends up as one of the better centers in the league before all is said and done. He is a freakish athlete. He just needs reps and some bulk.

Britt was a pretty good part time starter two years ago. Stephens was ok. Dunker got his feet wet. If Proctor is not purchased by Alabama in the next week, I think we can expect him to be in the mix.

Finally, while the OL was bad, having a completely immobile and slow deciding QB back there did not help the cause. Improved QB play will help the OL and vice versa. We have what we need to be good.

I haven't looked for years because all college football coaches salaries have absolutely skyrocked over the past 10 years. Is KF seriously still among the top 5. I didn't even think he was in the top 10 anymore. But again, I hadn't checked. The salaries have just become a moot point, IMO.
He hasn't been in the top 5 of our conference for a few years now.

The OL was a mess this year, but it was young. We all seem to agree that Richmon is legit at LT. We tried to plug a hole at RT with Colby and it was wildly unsuccessful, but if you did not see better play out of him at LG, you were not paying attention. He has been pretty good playing at guard the last two years and I think he will be above average to good the next two seasons.

The verdict is out on Jones, but based upon Iowa's ability to develop talented athletes on the OL, I would agree with the post that he ends up as one of the better centers in the league before all is said and done. He is a freakish athlete. He just needs reps and some bulk.

Britt was a pretty good part time starter two years ago. Stephens was ok. Dunker got his feet wet. If Proctor is not purchased by Alabama in the next week, I think we can expect him to be in the mix.

Finally, while the OL was bad, having a completely immobile and slow deciding QB back there did not help the cause. Improved QB play will help the OL and vice versa. We have what we need to be good.

No we don't. If you don't have just one WR who can at push the defense back you're in trouble.

No we don't. If you don't have just one WR who can at push the defense back you're in trouble.
The exchange was discussing OL and whether we need to hit the portal for more OL talent. I posit that we do not, or at least, that is not a need portal. So, your comment was out of place.

Of course we need to find help at WR in the portal. Even if we keep Ragaini for another year, we still have no depth and questionable talent at WR.

As for your comment on "push the defense back" I guess my response would be, when have we ever had that?

I hope we find a playmaker or two in the portal at WR. Not holding my breath given our lack of proven success at the position.

I haven't looked for years because all college football coaches salaries have absolutely skyrocked over the past 10 years. Is KF seriously still among the top 5. I didn't even think he was in the top 10 anymore. But again, I hadn't checked. The salaries have just become a moot point, IMO.

I can tell you that from 2010-2020! He was number 4. Certainly pay raises and contract extensions the past two years hasn’t hurt that. I had finally come around to accepting that until our offense fell into the toilet the last three years under Brian. There is simply no excuse for Brian to return as OC for next year. Simply inexcusable. I don’t care how many INJURED players want to portal to Iowa.

Jones had trouble with snap timing throughout the season. Hawkeyegamefilm was baffled by that continued issue that ran right up through the final game.

Makes you wonder if Jones could be a stud if he just didn't have to worry about snapping? I wonder where Myslinski is on his road back after injury?

IMO, Proctor is your starting right tackle next year. Nothing to base it on I am just throwing it out there.

Jones had trouble with snap timing throughout the season. Hawkeyegamefilm was baffled by that continued issue that ran right up through the final game.

Makes you wonder if Jones could be a stud if he just didn't have to worry about snapping? I wonder where Myslinski is on his road back after injury?

Has the interest in Jake Renfro cooled off? I know there is talk about going after a center and sliding Jones to guard.

I was thinking he might be suited better at guard. Just have to hope they can find improvement at C to make it happen.

The only returning O Lineman with 20 starts is Richmond. (Connor Colby would be next and he's probably very close). We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I think the fact that we have elected to NOT recruit O Linemen from the portal speaks for itself. Nobody wants to win more than the coaches and if they are going with what they have, they must feel that they can win with that. For the record, I'll predict that Jones will be first or second team all-conference in the next two years.
As for QBs last year, IIRC I read that in one of Leistekow's columns. No names were ever given and to be honest, we probably weren't real close in landing any of the targets. We're not a destination for a lot of skill players. I do give the staff credit for getting in on McNamara early and landing him this year.
Agree. Our coaches are not likely to misread player potential.

Regarding the offensive line, assuming players come back from injury, there is a lot to work with there. The bigger question is whether or not Barnett is capable of getting the most out of them? I have my doubts.

Don't count out Davidkof. He is one of the most talented offensive linemen we have signed coming out of high school and popped on tape. I don't know what his injury was, so we'll see. Britt has some good experience, but he often seemed to lack strength and explosion. Hopefully, he'll come back healthy and stronger.

IMO, Proctor is your starting right tackle next year. Nothing to base it on I am just throwing it out there.
He could very well be. I'm not sure if he prefers one side of center over the other or not. I could see him at guard too. He and Richman next to each other wouldn't be bad either. I think he starts next yr somewhere for sure. He's too good and we have too many holes for him not to

Any idea on what the status of Davidkov is? He was as highly rated as anyone in his class.

He could very well be. I'm not sure if he prefers one side of center over the other or not. I could see him at guard too. He and Richman next to each other wouldn't be bad either. I think he starts next yr somewhere for sure. He's too good and we have too many holes for him not to
Given the pedigree and the holes that need to be filled, I would bet decent money that he is in the mix for PT from game one, unless he gets injured or matriculates to Bama.

If I was this kid I would ask to be slotted at RT. That job is WIDE open. Win that job for a year or two and then flip to LT once Richmon jumps. NFL scouts love OL who can play multiple positions.

Given the pedigree and the holes that need to be filled, I would bet decent money that he is in the mix for PT from game one, unless he gets injured or matriculates to Bama.

If I was this kid I would ask to be slotted at RT. That job is WIDE open. Win that job for a year or two and then flip to LT once Richmon jumps. NFL scouts love OL who can play multiple positions.
Exactly this. His path to early PT and the NFL both is a straight line if he stays at Iowa.