I am a big LOSER!

Ozhawk

Most of you already know I am a complete A$$ but today I pulled the ultimate Loser move. LIttle OZ and I are sitting in our seats today and I look at little OZ and say If Pitt scores again we are out of here. Little OZ say..yeah if there is another crappy flag thrown on us I'm with ya. So Pitt scores immediately after a blatent holding call on the previous play. Its the 3rd quarter and Iowa is down 24-3. We hit the exit and go to the Halloween store (which kicks but by the way). On the way home I turn on dolph just to see how bad the damage is. And LO and behold Dolph is thanking the faithful for sticking around to witness this historic comeback...Little OZ says..."oops!" Nuff said. I am further punished because I forgot to set the DVR..

Sincerely yours

LOser.

I had a buddy that stomped outside minutes before Tate through it to Hollaway. I had to yell outside "They won!" He came running back and has never forgave himself for it. Live and Learn, especially with the Hawkeyes:)

I have been going to games for a VERY long time.

Today was the first time I have acted like a loser.

There were thousands of us who bolted.

I'll totally never understand people that leave games early. Blows my mind are you a fan?? I mean weather you paid for the tickets yourself or not doesn't matter. But when you left the house to go your intention should have been to stay win lose or draw. "Fans" that leave games early to beat traffic or are crying over losing to me aren't true "fans" Now granted its your money your life do with it what you want but don't ask for sympathy or to be considered a true fan.

Most of you already know I am a complete A$$ but today I pulled the ultimate Loser move. LIttle OZ and I are sitting in our seats today and I look at little OZ and say If Pitt scores again we are out of here. Little OZ say..yeah if there is another crappy flag thrown on us I'm with ya. So Pitt scores immediately after a blatent holding call on the previous play. Its the 3rd quarter and Iowa is down 24-3. We hit the exit and go to the Halloween store (which kicks but by the way). On the way home I turn on dolph just to see how bad the damage is. And LO and behold Dolph is thanking the faithful for sticking around to witness this historic comeback...Little OZ says..."oops!" Nuff said. I am further punished because I forgot to set the DVR..

Sincerely yours

LOser.

Bummer for you but at least you know they won! Never give up on the Hawks!

Oz, you are a hopeless dork. :rolleyes:
And this is karmic payback for your mean-spirited post earlier in the week, in which you said you "can't stand" CFHawk. CF is one of the nicest, most sincerely good men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Shame on you for being crappy toward him. :mad:

lolol....in 2009 a couple of guys got up and left the Shoe right after OSU went up by a couple scores on the long run....to go to the bars in Columbus.....turned to me and said "Well we gave it our best shot but Iowa didn't have the stuff."....needless to stay I learned a valuable lesson then....I will NEVER leave early unless it's just unrealistic...like 60-3 or something. and even then only if it's a hurricane (read TTU game...)

I'll totally never understand people that leave games early. Blows my mind are you a fan?? I mean weather you paid for the tickets yourself or not doesn't matter. But when you left the house to go your intention should have been to stay win lose or draw. "Fans" that leave games early to beat traffic or are crying over losing to me aren't true "fans" Now granted its your money your life do with it what you want but don't ask for sympathy or to be considered a true fan.

Really dude. Get over it. I've been to games that I've left in the 4th quarter and didn't regret leaving then or now. For you to say that those that leave early are not true fans is a ridiculous statement.

Last edited:
When it comes to leaving early, I can see it if its a baseball game that you have 80 others to attend. There are so precious few football games per season, and even fewer home games and in many cases, even fewer still that you have tickets to.

Only excuses for leaving early are: 1. Medical emergency. 2. You left your coffee pot on. 3. Someone called and said they found your man card in the panties section at wal-mart. 4. Iowa is up by 30 or more with five minutes or less in the game and you want a beer.

Other than that, don't abandon your team when they need your noise the most.

I reckon I thought 'bout leavin' the Iowa-Penn State back in 2008. My Grandfather who was Nile Kinnick's age (90 at the time) and I went to the game. It was bitter cold and didn't look good fer us. We stayed and froze but Iowa came back and won. Best idea we ever had. It was my last game with him...he passed that next spring. His first Iowa game was in 1929 to a new stadium. A memory I will never forget.

When it comes to leaving early, I can see it if its a baseball game that you have 80 others to attend. There are so precious few football games per season, and even fewer home games and in many cases, even fewer still that you have tickets to.

Only excuses for leaving early are: 1. Medical emergency. 2. You left your coffee pot on. 3. Someone called and said they found your man card in the panties section at wal-mart. 4. Iowa is up by 30 or more with five minutes or less in the game and you want a beer.

Other than that, don't abandon your team when they need your noise the most.

Regarding #4-I have learned you don't leave even when we are ahead.

Latest posts