HyVee "Classic"

Haven't heard much lately about people's thoughts on the so-called HyVee "Classic." Is this good for the program? Or just a money grab to be shared with the other schools? Should it be continued?
Money grab? Thought Cap was in big apple already. Knee jerk reaction.A Nathan's sounds good no ?

Waiting for the Ben Jacobsen boner fest from the b-ball geniuses on the board. Guess that won’t be happening today.
At the Well watching that UNI offensive play, about as exciting as drinking glue. Left at half.
Great job and growth today by the Hawks!

I have always felt they should make this into a tournament. You have the 4 teams there...why not play the next day at night for the 2 winning teams? So what if you play an instate rival twice.

Not going to happen as long as Drake and UNI are in the same conference. They already play each other twice a season.

Is this about Iowa/ISU/UNI/Drake or is it REALLY about Hy-Vee marketing it's own self?

388765a4773474b088dfe0d347a8adc42cee5b6d6bdd051caf512560a0767584.jpg

Its still not gunna make me shop at Hy-Vee.

After having to watch this game being "televised" by mc22... We have to end this thing.. jealous of the HD BTN broadcast you guys had for your game.. if this is the best they can do for TV, get rid of the whole thing

Just purchase BIG Network!!

Or how about we ditch all of the instate schools to play in a tournament with Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas. We get nothing out of playing out of the instate schools............woops wrong sport. ;)

I have always felt they should make this into a tournament. You have the 4 teams there...why not play the next day at night for the 2 winning teams? So what if you play an instate rival twice.
Agreed.
Needs to —

A. be moved to early December.
B. Needs to go to tourney format.
C. Play late afternoon and night.

or dropped.

Or how about we ditch all of the instate schools to play in a tournament with Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas. We get nothing out of playing out of the instate schools............woops wrong sport. ;)
This would be a good idea. Maybe not Duke or NC.

Or a different themed tournament.

Birds of prey tournament: schools with bird nicknames.

Border War tournament:
Iowa and 3 schools from bordering states: bunch of decent programs to chose from. Could do one weekend for a HAWK tourney and another for ISU. Or alternate years.

It’d be nice to have to have a three day tourney at The Well to put on the resume for another NCAA regional, too

Iowa needs to play UNI every year. Barta needs to figure out how to get that done. Drake just isn’t in the same league w the 3 public universities. If Drake wants to come to CHA, great. Wasting ISU or Iowa’s time playing them at WF is silly.

I’d love to see Iowa play Creighton every year. If they want to make it neutral site, WF is a great option when Iowa’s turn to host. Creighton could host in KC or even Sioux Falls. If Creighton won’t do that, you could instrad boot Drake from the Big 4 and invite Creighton. Iowa could play UNI at home in years they play Creighton in the Well.

Not going to happen as long as Drake and UNI are in the same conference. They already play each other twice a season.

I don't see this as being a big deal at all. I don't see the H & A matchup between Iowa and Iowa State going away either, it's too good of a gate for both teams.

Iowa needs to play UNI every year. Barta needs to figure out how to get that done. Drake just isn’t in the same league w the 3 public universities. If Drake wants to come to CHA, great. Wasting ISU or Iowa’s time playing them at WF is silly.

I’d love to see Iowa play Creighton every year. If they want to make it neutral site, WF is a great option when Iowa’s turn to host. Creighton could host in KC or even Sioux Falls. If Creighton won’t do that, you could instrad boot Drake from the Big 4 and invite Creighton. Iowa could play UNI at home in years they play Creighton in the Well.
1-2 games in DM would be good for Iowa from RPI viewpoint. Neutral games look better and Iowa still gets home court advantage.

Playing UNI just a few miles up the road just makes too much sense.

But the A** beat we would get playing those schools would be better?! Do you watch us play in the Big 10/ACC challenge? Why would those blue bloods want us playing in with them. The analogy would be Power 5 against a Group of 5 program in football. 8 out of 10 times we would lose every now and again an upset would occur.

But the A** beat we would get playing those schools would be better?! Do you watch us play in the Big 10/ACC challenge? Why would those blue bloods want us playing in with them. The analogy would be Power 5 against a Group of 5 program in football. 8 out of 10 times we would lose every now and again an upset would occur.
It's a joke dude.

Forget WF, play them at Knapp. That way we could rid ourselves of a Chicago St. or Southern RPI home-game RPI killers and at least play a team on the road in the preseason, other than ISU every other year. It'd be an improvement.

Latest posts