Hypothetical Atwood Scenario???

Guys don't commit like Dickerson does. He made up his mind before the visit. When it's not a situation like that and you're followed by other schools on the list it will never feel like a good situation. In the past, he has said he wanted to play with Dickerson. In the past, he expressed concern albeit small over Iowa's stature as a *football school*. In the past, he has admired Iowa's following. Judging by what I feel like is genuine tangible evidence I'd say we have a slight edge.

Also consider FSU already has 2 JUCOs while we already have 5 starting-caliber players by any standards who can foot 3-4-5 positions. No roster advantages anywhere I can see. I like our style of play and rebounding that might boost one's stat line. This could swing either way obviously. I simply like our chances a little better simply based on what I have seen.

Not me, I would have enjoyed a trip to Florida, Texas, and California and THEN committed to Iowa.

Well, I'd probably tell the coaches that I'm all in, but I want to keep it quiet so I can squeeze out a few mini-vacations on other schools' dimes.

If his mom went with him on the FSU trip, might tip his hand a bit. (Sounds like she did.)

I think normally whenever you deal with JUCO kids or transfer, if the kid leaves the campus without commit kind hard to secure it later.

That said, each kid is different, and he seems set on taking the ASU visit as well and is weighing all things.

Edit: Sounds like the ASU trip is off, and he will decide this week.

If his mom went with him to FSU, then I would say that it is a done deal...

Actually, it might just come down to Education and preparation for life after college.....

Florida State University may boast the nation’s No. 1 football team but it's last in the ACC for graduating black male football and basketball players, and it has the fifth-lowest rating among BCS schools: six major collegiate athletic conferences. A study by the University of Pennsylvania Center for the Study of Race and Equity in Education found that FSU graduated 37 percent of the players who were part of the 2006 freshman class.

http://www.thefloridacurrent.com/article.cfm?id=3599680

:rolleyes:

Do you guys think those things get brought up in the recruiting process by our staff ? I would want his Mom to know that stuff.

Unless you are a UK lock for the NBA after your freshman season, four or five every year it seems, perhaps the value of a superior education at the University of Iowa would be more appealing than an uneducated pipeline to the NBA, assuming one is a guaranteed pick.....

Florida State has an appalling record of graduation for athletes in football and basketball.....

Here is info about The Hawks graduation rates and academic achievements in 2012, I believe it is indicative of the excellence that can be achieved at Iowa, and should be food for thought for Willie and his Mom.....

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/genrel/102512aak.htm

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can someone E Mail this info to Willies Mother Please. Should settle thing pretty quick

Willie probably reads the forums, I certainly hope so, we need his strength and attitude next season, starting or off the bench, he will get a lot of playing minutes, valuable minutes.....

Willie looks quick and slick with the ball and seems to be able to hit the mid-range jump shot and the three....

He and Trey could make a huge impact from the start.....

I'd go to Iowa State and flip some cars over and bust a stop sign and carry it around. It sounds like more fun. But that's just me...I'm a football guy first.

You a dangerous man, Shane.....

tipped-smart-car.jpg

:cool:

I hope Willie remembers that the Big Ten has led the country in attendance for the last 25 years...if he comes to Iowa, he will average over 15k for the vast majority of his league games...that's exposure. FSU fans do not flock to bb games, if I remember correctly. Having our own nation-wide network makes every league game available to his family down in Memphis...FSU? Not so much. Come to Iowa , Willie!

While I think Atwood could help the team next season, it is the one after that in which his committing is most important. Having him return after White and Gabe leave is huge.

He is an important commitment and really hope he plays for the Hawks.