HWT

oldschoolhawk

Did anyone see that HWT Brooks Black was at the HAWK party after the finals? This could be a great get after next year since he is a junior.

Last edited:
That's great to hear! With Penn State just signing Lawson at Hwt, I doubt they'd throw as much money to get him as they maybe otherwise would have. Anyone got the list of schools he's considering and who might be the front runner?

Hope its true but I'm sure someone like Cornell will offer full scholarship. We can't devote that kind of cash to him with Bobby there.

Hope its true but I'm sure someone like Cornell will offer full scholarship. We can't devote that kind of cash to him with Bobby there.

Craig - While I agree that as a standard approach to recruiting, it's not a good use of scholarships to throw out full-rides very often but if the right guy comes around at a need weight, it might be worth the risk to throw a full-ride or close to at him if he might be the difference between a 1st and 2nd place finish at nationals. It seems Penn State is getting the top recruits at their targeted weights and in some cases giving them pretty sizable scholarships. Gulibon is on record saying he got a full-ride. If Penn State can offer a full-ride to the right guy at a need weight, I don't see why Iowa couldn't also do so. If Iowa is going to beat the firepower Penn State has and continues to sign, they have to continue to get the top recruits.

Bobby will be a redshirt sophmore next year. Black is a Junior in high school. Do the math. Yeah Tom better devote some money there cuz Bobby is our only heavy weight now.

Bobby will be a redshirt sophmore next year. Black is a Junior in high school. Do the math. Yeah Tom better devote some money there cuz Bobby is our only heavy weight now.

I never get into the scholarship thing because I evidently don't know the right people who a few posters on this forum seem to know. So this is how you know what a recruited wrestler is getting scholarship wise?:confused:

I never get into the scholarship thing because I evidently don't know the right people who a few posters on this forum seem to know. So this is how you know what a recruited wrestler is getting scholarship wise?:confused:

if you go back and read commitment announcements in the recruits local papers they ussaully mention the scholarship situation, that and message boards are sometimes reliable sources

Latest posts