Husker/Hawkeye Game Thread

It is/was a rebuilding year and yes we are inexperienced, but not necessarily young. We unfortunately are playing a lot of seniors with little experience, but won't be back next year. We could have been young with similar results if we would have played some younger guys more often.

Exactly. Not young, but highly inexperienced with many of our defensive players never having played much. When you're junior and senior oriented for the past two years, that's what happens.

My honest expectations for this year were a minimum of 7-8 wins, with a chance for 10 if our inexperienced players progressed quickly. I actually believe the Hawkeyes will be better next year. The loss of McNutt will hurt, no doubt, but I believe the defense is better based on there being more talent in the lower levels with Law, Lomax, Campbell, Alston, Cooper, Davis, etc. Biggest difference with those guys is speed, something you could definitely tell was a huge difference in today's game.

Kirk still getting paid. Must be rough getting paid so much to be so pathetic. WTF? Kirk just had a smile on his face.

Yes Vandy had a **** poor day, but how many drops did Iowa have....how much does that effect a QB getting in a good rhythm going...not making an excused but the hands of the WR today were not good either.

Well this was a boring uninspiring start to a supposedly "big rivalry" game...it could be several years until we are at a level to beat them....are we going to win any of the trophies back next year? So unexcited about this program's future.....

KF knows he has a weak team. I am sure he expected this type of result.

If he expected this outcome he shouldn't be coaching...you don't take the damn field in the BIG if you think you're going to lose. I want a coach that thinks we should win every game every year, regardless of what team we have on the field.

Who is inexperienced? Binns? Daniels? Nielsen? Hyde? Prater? Coker? McNutt? Davis? O-Line? can't think of anyone.

Latest posts