Husker/Hawkeye Game Thread

D stops on 1st series and the Iowa O lays an egg, defense basically says we give up because our O is worthless, why even try?

That's right, I forgot, The Gazette's break room has a vending machine full of KF Lemonade.
No, they don't base a coach on ONE year of unsuccessful play. Our players aren't as good as they have been. Can we not accept that from time to time, jeez.

This. With the exception of the linebackers (as usual), the defense has been playing with enough intensity and pride to win this game. If they can get a stop to start the 2nd half, they've done their job to give Iowa a chance.

This game will be won or lost in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd. There are exactly 3 things that MUST OCCUR for Iowa to stay in this game and have ANY chance win:
1) defensive stop right out of 1/2;
2) the offense MUST SCORE A TD after that stop;
3) if the offense continues to fail, the defense must score a pick-6 on the very next series.

Failue for these to occur will = another nationally televised embarrassment because the D will just get run off the field.

As it is, the offensive (literally and figuratively) incompetence shown in the first half, particularly on 1st down, has been enough to be ashamed of. Hope Iowa has enough pride (and ability) to redeem themselves on that side of the ball and that side of the coaching staff.

Yeah, I pretty much called it just as it is playing out on the field.

Nice job by the defense to play their guts out. More impressive job by Pelini to RECOGNIZE THE FLOW OF THE GAME and go for the kill knowing that the Hawk offense is wetting themselves and the defense is worn out and demoralized.

THAT'S how you seize opportunities to win games!

Can the head coach challenge the spot of the ball? if so that would have been the perfect time back on their 25 cuz the huskers even thought they were short. plain crap by official.

Is there any hope for Hawkeye football or basketball? As I read these forums I am filled with dread and despair....

As positive as I like to be, If Nebraska scores here, the game is over. That being said, the offense can certainly turn it around make a game of it, but that's wishful thinking at this point. Defense could really turn it around here with a turnover.

Latest posts