Husker fans enjoy Iowa loss

Ok just hitting the highlights here you J*** A**
Your vaunted blackshirts have played Western Kentucky who gives up an average of 594 yard per game, lost to Kentucky (who even husker fans would agree are a poor football team) 63-28 so Kentucky beat them worst then you did. A WKY team lost to INDIANA the doormat of the B10 (the conference we invited you to) 38-21 and you beat WKY at your historic memorial stadium only 49-10....hhmmmmm.
You played Idaho a 2-1 team that has beat North Dakota who is 1-2 and is not good at all, and an 0-3 UNLV team that barely musters 290 yards per game. Then a Washington team whose special teams are even worse then Iowa's right now....the announcers on ABC called them the worst they had ever seen in a BCS school. This Washington team is averaging 360 yards per game....

• You are giving up 16 ppg to that schedule!!! Don't give me mop up duty not all those scores are in mop up.
  • Your opponents have 51 first downs to your 62
  • You are giving up 138 yard per game on the ground to 3 VERY POOR RUSHING TEAMS, and in the words of your head coach, "teams are going to test us right up the gut until we show we can stop somebody"
  • Your opponents have an average time of possession of 30:12 to your 29:00 OUCH
  • Your opponents red zone scores are 7 of 8 for a CRISP 88%
  • Your opponents red zone TD's are 5-8 for a 63% OUCH
  • You have 9 sacks against teams that average giving up 7 sacks a game to INFERIOR opponents.
  • You have 14 tackles for loss to 15 for your opponents...who are WEAK.

You can certainly tell you havent watched them play this year. We have given up 17 points in the first half, which is when our starters have been playing so yes most of the points we have given up this year have come in mop up duty. We only have 62 first downs because we are scoring on home run hitting plays. We have 14 TD's scored from 20+ yd plays and 3 pick sixes. Our offense has hardly been on the field, which also explains the T.O.P.

As far as giving up rushing yards, that is the only thing teams have been doing because they CANT pass on this D. The only hope is to grind out some yardage. I am not worried about the rush D in the least a one dimensional team is dead in the water and every team will be one dimensional we play because of our Pass D.

We can play this game all day long, we will just have to see where we rank at the end of the year. Its lookin good so far.

Lots of delusional Iowa fans making crazy predictions will attract a lot of hate.

Predictions have nothing to do with it.

As proven on Sound Off Sunday night, a certain fan base (not the one pointed out by the OP) will poke their heads out after any Iowa loss, even as their own team sucks to high heaven year after year.

At least Iowa and Nebraska have legitimate aspirations year in, year out.

You can certainly tell you havent watched them play this year. I have watched them play this year and get their highlights shoved down our throats here in SW Iowa. We have given up 17 points in the first half, which is when our starters have been playing so yes most of the points we have given up this year have come in mop up duty. WRONG...your starters have played until late in the 3rd and some in the 4th...weren't you watching. We only have 62 first downs because we are scoring on home run hitting plays.Against terrible competition...right? We have 14 TD's scored from 20+ yd plays and 3 pick sixes. Our offense has hardly been on the field, which also explains the T.O.P. We were arguing defense...so if your defense is so dominant then why aren't you getting those terrible teams off the field quicker and scoring more points...Kentucky scored 63 point on them????

As far as giving up rushing yards, that is the only thing teams have been doing because they CANT pass on this D. Or some might argue because you are susceptible to the rush...most D1 coaches find a weakness and try to exploit it...the 3 teams you play barely average a 100 yds per game against their inferior competition...come on. The only hope is to grind out some yardage. I am not worried about the rush D in the least a one dimensional team is dead in the water and every team will be one dimensional we play because of our Pass D. Our your schedule is so weak nobody is capable of doing anything against you...you have one of the weakest SOS in the nation.

We can play this game all day long, we will just have to see where we rank at the end of the year. Its lookin good so far.I agree...but with your schedule you shouldn't even have a game till Texas.

You can certainly tell you havent watched them play this year. We have given up 17 points in the first half, which is when our starters have been playing so yes most of the points we have given up this year have come in mop up duty. We only have 62 first downs because we are scoring on home run hitting plays. We have 14 TD's scored from 20+ yd plays and 3 pick sixes. Our offense has hardly been on the field, which also explains the T.O.P.

As far as giving up rushing yards, that is the only thing teams have been doing because they CANT pass on this D. The only hope is to grind out some yardage. I am not worried about the rush D in the least a one dimensional team is dead in the water and every team will be one dimensional we play because of our Pass D.

We can play this game all day long, we will just have to see where we rank at the end of the year. Its lookin good so far.

Congrats.... that'd be the first time in what, 10 yrs, since Neb finished rated in the top 25 ranked higher than Iowa. Impressive. It should be expected with that schedule.

I'll be the first to admit, they looked very impressive Sat. But, keep in mind, Washington hasn't had a winning season in 8 years either, when they went 7-5. Whoever decided that Jake Locker is the best player in the country is completely off their rocker too.

Big Husker fan here, born and raised in Iowa, moved to Omaha 12 years ago for career opportunities, been living here since.

Let me just say, that general sentiment in the Land of Red does NOT reflect the title of this thread, regardless of what some here & some on the radio(?) may say.

Arizona was barely the better team on the field Saturday, but it was a total trap game...so don't lose heart! From my perspective, and from the perspective of the Husker fans that I know and talk to, the Hawkeys are still trending up, are heading in the right direction, and could very well win the Big 10 this year. One thing that would help out a LOT(especially vs. out of conference) is more team speed, but that is evident (i.e. big special teams plays given up by big 10 teams on saturday) across the entire Big 10 conference, with the exception of "new-look" Michigan and maybe Ohio State.

Hint: Strict power football will only get you so far these days...Nebraska ought to know.

Saturday, Arizona stuffed the run and there was no good second option for you offensively. Also, giving up those late sacks was a red flag for sure.

Defensively your DLine got stymied for most of the game which has to be another big concern, Clayborn (sp?) looked mostly average, although he was usually getting 1.5 blocks.

Nebraska fans across the board are REALLY looking forward to joining the Big 10 next season, and competing on and off the field for years to come! Totally pumped for Wisconsin on the road game 1, and OSU in Lincoln game 2, and of course PSU and Iowa every year.

GBR!

Thanks for the thoughts...

Big Husker fan here, born and raised in Iowa, moved to Omaha 12 years ago for career opportunities, been living here since.

Let me just say, that general sentiment in the Land of Red does NOT reflect the title of this thread, regardless of what some here & some on the radio(?) may say.

Arizona was barely the better team on the field Saturday, but it was a total trap game...so don't lose heart! From my perspective, and from the perspective of the Husker fans that I know and talk to, the Hawkeys are still trending up, are heading in the right direction, and could very well win the Big 10 this year.These statements are typical of Husker Nation...we are trending up??? Bo has yet to beat a rated team while at Nebraska, and Nebraska has not been rated ahead of Iowa for the last 10 years...so I would say you are trending up...not Iowa. One thing that would help out a LOT(especially vs. out of conference) is more team speed, but that is evident (i.e. big special teams plays given up by big 10 teams on saturday) across the entire Big 10 conference, with the exception of "new-look" Michigan and maybe Ohio State.

Hint: Strict power football will only get you so far these days...Nebraska ought to know.

Saturday, Arizona stuffed the run and there was no good second option for you offensively. Also, giving up those late sacks was a red flag for sure.

Defensively your DLine got stymied for most of the game which has to be another big concern, Clayborn (sp?) looked mostly average, although he was usually getting 1.5 blocks.

Nebraska fans across the board are REALLY looking forward to joining the Big 10 next season, and competing on and off the field for years to come! Totally pumped for Wisconsin on the road game 1, and OSU in Lincoln game 2, and of course PSU and Iowa every year.

GBR!

Last edited:

Arizona was barely the better team on the field Saturday, but it was a total trap game...so don't lose heart! From my perspective, and from the perspective of the Husker fans that I know and talk to, the Hawkeys are still trending up, are heading in the right direction, and could very well win the Big 10 this year. One thing that would help out a LOT(especially vs. out of conference) is more team speed, but that is evident (i.e. big special teams plays given up by big 10 teams on saturday) across the entire Big 10 conference, with the exception of "new-look" Michigan and maybe Ohio State.

GBR!
Well, I was raised in Iowa also. Been in Omaha for 20 years. A TigerHawk flies on my front porch. What instrument do you play on the bandwagon anyway? Your post did not include any Nickleback,meth,fat chicks,council-tuckey references. You are not the typical Big Red fan at all. Thanks for the insight Trev Alberts.

??
I'm not comparing the two teams. No point in doing so. Anyone who does is living in fantasy land until next year.

What's with the thin skin, man?

What' i'm saying is, in spite of a tough loss on the road, i think the prospects for Iowa are bright for the remainder of the season, and for the program in general.

??
I'm not comparing the two teams. No point in doing so. Anyone who does is living in fantasy land until next year.

What's with the thin skin, man?

What' i'm saying is, in spite of a tough loss on the road, i think the prospects for Iowa are bright for the remainder of the season, and for the program in general.
THin skinned yeah that is it....LOL

THin skinned yeah that is it....LOL

Ive avoided posting on here with the exception of this thread since the loss because.

A. The Ban Hammer was flyin Sunday

B. You dont go in and talk any type of football with a team that has just lost because no matter what it seems like gloating.

No matter what any nebraska fan says it will always seem like gloating. Its interesting that someone brought up soundoff. Because the 2nd most thing that bummed out fans that took the pole was that nebraska won big on saturday. Why, what do you care. The hawk fans have posted in here that why do they care what we do. Well im asking you, why do you care what we do. Its the same reason Most hawk fans hate nebraska. If nebraska won, dont they get there choice to gloat, cuz lord knows i didnt hear iowa fans gloating after beating isu.

You hate nebraska because of its fans, well i tell ya iowa fans havent been looking to great from where im sitting either. I have never seen a meltdown like the one i witnessed this weekend.

Ive avoided posting on here with the exception of this thread since the loss because.

A. The Ban Hammer was flyin Sunday

B. You dont go in and talk any type of football with a team that has just lost because no matter what it seems like gloating.

No matter what any nebraska fan says it will always seem like gloating. Its interesting that someone brought up soundoff. Because the 2nd most thing that bummed out fans that took the pole was that nebraska won big on saturday. Why, what do you care. The hawk fans have posted in here that why do they care what we do. Well im asking you, why do you care what we do. Its the same reason Most hawk fans hate nebraska. If nebraska won, dont they get there choice to gloat, cuz lord knows i didnt hear iowa fans gloating after beating isu.

You hate nebraska because of its fans, well i tell ya iowa fans havent been looking to great from where im sitting either. I have never seen a meltdown like the one i witnessed this weekend.

So you've never witnessed a meltdown after a Neb loss? Wow.

The wagon man...I tried to explain from a neutral position some shortcomings in Nebraska...every team has them. Your lack of a tough opponent yet is quite obvious. Your schedule is rated as one of the weakest in the country...and that is a fact. Next year you will have Iowa's schedule from 2 years ago...almost exactly, and most Husker fans think they are getting the shaft. Well we just took it as the way it is playing in a tough conference...:cool:

Im just curious, if we have a weak schedule. Whats the problem with that. I mean that gets planned out YEARS in advance. And as a conference. We cant dictate how good other teams do. Hell Minnisota and Northwestern arent beating anyones butt lately yet you roll over them year end and year out. No one ever said your schedule is an easy one because you have lots of top 25s to play this year. What does it matter if our schedule is easy. Its what is DECIDED for us to play in our conference. Northwestern plays you hard every year well so does Missouri. And it dont matter where there ranked because they play you hard no matter what.

Why do you keep bringing this up.

So you've never witnessed a meltdown after a Neb loss? Wow.

Actually your right, after we lost to iowa state last year that was pretty much full blown nuclear holocaust. But you guys acted like it you were on the recieving end of that 35-7 butt kicking in Iowa City. You played a good team on there turf, came back from a large deficit but lost in the end. Its not good but its not like its the end of your season.

Um yeah, my Dad is a big Hawkeye fan, and he lives in Tucson(retired).

Go figure.

Before the Iowa game Saturday evening I suggested to him that Iowa would lose vs. AZ, but beat OSU later in the season, and likely win the big 10, unless the Iowa D couldn't match up against Michigan's speed.

He seemed ok with that.
(Aside: I've already started generally "pulling for" Big 10 teams including Iowa...i mean seriously? I hope its Nebraska Vs. OSU for the BCS championship...can you imagine the rematch next year in Lincoln? holy crap.)

That being said, Iowa is falling apart a bit injury-wise....something awful that Nebraska had to deal with last season, in spades. That's tough for any fan-base to deal with, especially given lofty pre-season expectations....even though most of the luster has come off Iowa's defeat of G.T. (via the mighty Kansas Jayhawks)... and considering how last year's Huskers stomped a very similar AZ team, physically overmatching them for 60 minutes.

I'm currently re-evaluating the Iowa prospects for the season given the rash of injuries, and how AZ mashed them in the trenches...Hawks now trending downward.

My new pick for big 10 pecking order: Michigan, then OSU, then Iowa, then PSU.

P.S.: How bad did Wisconsin look against ASU? Cancel that BCS ticket as well.

This thread is funny. Yeah I'm sure Nebraska fans are envious of Iowa. You know they don't have anything to be proud of like 5 national titles to Iowa's zero. And we all know their fans don't support their team like Iowa fans do. You know they only have sold out home games since like 1960. And they sure don't travel like Iowa fans because they only had about 30,000 fans in Seattle.

So when they do come to the Big 10 and if everything at a end of the season comes down to who travels better for what bowl either the Hawks or Huskers go to, the bowls would be idiots to take Iowa over Nebraska and those are the facts.

Um yeah, my Dad is a big Hawkeye fan, and he lives in Tucson(retired).

Go figure.

Before the Iowa game Saturday evening I suggested to him that Iowa would lose vs. AZ, but beat OSU later in the season, and likely win the big 10, unless the Iowa D couldn't match up against Michigan's speed.

He seemed ok with that.
(Aside: I've already started generally "pulling for" Big 10 teams including Iowa...i mean seriously? I hope its Nebraska Vs. OSU for the BCS championship...can you imagine the rematch next year in Lincoln? holy crap.)

That being said, Iowa is falling apart a bit injury-wise....something awful that Nebraska had to deal with last season, in spades. That's tough for any fan-base to deal with, especially given lofty pre-season expectations....even though most of the luster has come off Iowa's defeat of G.T. (via the mighty Kansas Jayhawks)... and considering how last year's Huskers stomped a very similar AZ team, physically overmatching them for 60 minutes.

I'm currently re-evaluating the Iowa prospects for the season given the rash of injuries, and how AZ mashed them in the trenches...Hawks now trending downward.

My new pick for big 10 pecking order: Michigan, then OSU, then Iowa, then PSU.

P.S.: How bad did Wisconsin look against ASU? Cancel that BCS ticket as well.

Uhh dude your kinda takeing that classy fans thing we husker fans like to talk about and smear it with poo with this statement.

This thread is funny. Yeah I'm sure Nebraska fans are envious of Iowa. You know they don't have anything to be proud of like 5 national titles to Iowa's zero. And we all know their fans don't support their team like Iowa fans do. You know they only have sold out home games since like 1960. And they sure don't travel like Iowa fans because they only had about 30,000 fans in Seattle.

So when they do come to the Big 10 and if everything at a end of the season comes down to who travels better for what bowl either the Hawks or Huskers go to, the bowls would be idiots to take Iowa over Nebraska and those are the facts.
Oh boy a voice of reason from the husker nation. I don't think they are envious, but you do have a proud tradition. However that is in the past, facts like these are true: Bo has not beat a rated team yet, Iowa has been rated ahead of you for the last decade (that is 10 years) and you can't argue those facts with saying you have won 5 national titles. Yes your fans travel well...they should you have nothing else in Nebraska to pull fans too. However remember we have almost 6x the population that you do and our reputation of following our team needs no fact supporting by me or anyone else. I believe the ABC announcers estimated the Husker fans to be around 15,000 maybe they can't see I don't know. Also Washington has not had a winning season in 8 years...and make no secret about it if a fanbase can make some money selling a premium game ticket they do it...especially if they have been losing! You won't find that to be the way in your new conference.
Your last paragraph could be cut and pasted from PSU fans as they were about to enter the conference. Top 5 all-time program going to own the B10....wonder how that has worked out for them??? Wonder what their record is against us during that time...I guess they have beat us once. I don't think they are any facts about who will get selected over who because we simply haven't had that scenario play out.
Be proud of your tradition but that is past tradition and you haven't actually lit the football world up the last 10 years, and those are facts. Come into the your new conference with a sense of pride, not boastfulness, it will serve you well. Also just remember your schedule this year is rated as one of the worst in College Football, and will be even worse this week after your homecoming game of South Dakota State...come on!!!!! Meanwhile we will prepare for PSU rated 20th for our homecoming. Good luck Husker fan...

Why are Husker fans so obsessed with comparative scoring? That crap is for the birds. Ya- you beat up on Arizona last year.
We beat ISU 35-3 last year. See how that works? It's one of the stupidest arguments year in and year out.
End of the year rankings, record, and strength of schedule are always the best determining factor to determine "who's better"

GBR- before you go and talk down all of our quality wins, you should pry go back and look at when Nebraksa had their last "quality win"

Why are Husker fans so obsessed with comparative scoring? That crap is for the birds. Ya- you beat up on Arizona last year.
We beat ISU 35-3 last year. See how that works? It's one of the stupidest arguments year in and year out.
End of the year rankings, record, and strength of schedule are always the best determining factor to determine "who's better"

GBR- before you go and talk down all of our quality wins, you should pry go back and look at when Nebraksa had their last "quality win"
They won't do that man...unless it was 1971..or possibly 1979

Latest posts