Husker fans enjoy Iowa loss

Let me shed some light on it for you from a guy who grew up 40 minutes from Omaha on the Iowa side of the river. The Omaha World Herald sports page is filled with Husker talk 365 days a year. One year in particular the front page story the day after the NCAA Tournament final was a headline about spring football. Every TV station talks nothing but Nebraska football, never anything about Iowa sports period...unless they lose. The World Herald sells more papers in Iowa then they do in Nebraska, the TV stations have more sets in Iowa then Nebraska...so why not some Iowa coverage of any kind. Throw on top of that MOST fans that think the sun and moon rises through memorial stadium and nobody could possibly be as good as they are..

So you're expecting the Omaha TV stations & OWH to constanly send reporters to Iowa City to cover Iowa the way they cover Nebraska? The Des Moines media doesn't even do that.

I'm a daily reader of the OWH's website and they have stories relating to Iowa football posted all the time, including two articles today, which i'm assuming are in the Iowa Edition of the OWH as well.

I think you're exagrrating a bit that the portions of Western Iowa & SW Iowa that are in the Omaha DMA has more TV sets than what's on the Nebraska side of the river. Most locales in Western Iowa & SW Iowa that are serviced by Meidacom in addition to the Omaha locals, also have Des Moines locals.

Last edited:
If something that simple makes you hate Iowa, you have some more serious problems on your hands that probably need to be looked.

Saying people in Nebraska don't care about Iowa= FAIL.

This thread is the definition of why non-Husker fans have disdain for their team. It's always the other fan bases that are bad, never your own. You claim not to care about Iowa, and then go on to list reasons why you don't like them. You also apparently care enough to visit our boards. Once again, elitism at it's finest from the big red.
Again, look at my original post. When did I say anything negative about Iowa football. I think Kirk is an excellent coach and I like how he does things. I can only speak for myself and people I know, but I can't ever remember talking about Iowa football, cuz I (and most Nebraska fans) DON'T CARE. Iowa has never been a rival to us, and with the exception of the last few years, has really never been our equal. Our repsonse to Iowa losing is just to take a cut at the a-hole Hawk fans who are overly obsessed with Nebraska. The Husker boards I have seen didn't have any (or little) mention of Iowa until we joined the Big 10.

I still don't hate Iowa football. I dislike their a-hole fans (not all are a-holes).

What really needs to be addressed is not my dislike for a-holes, but your obsession with a team you hate.

Last edited:
Kentucky beat Western Kentucky 63-10....Your schedule is weak...we have played ISU (they beat you last year and won their bowl game) we beat EIU which isn't a top notch team, and then we went to Arizona who was ranked...so don't talk about Ball State. You can't honestly argue strength of schedule with a straight face...:confused:

I don't think you'll find any Husker fan who is proud of NU's con-conference schedule the last 2 years. This Husker fan is embarrassed to be playing South Dakota St tomorrow.

So you're expecting the Omaha TV stations & OWH to constanly send reporters to Iowa City to cover Iowa the way they cover Nebraska? The Des Moines media doesn't even do that.

I'm a daily reader of the OWH's website and they have stories relating to Iowa football posted all the time, including two articles today, which i'm assuming are in the Iowa Edition of the OWH as well.

I think you're exagrrating a bit that the portions of Western Iowa & SW Iowa that are in the Omaha DMA has more TV sets than what's on the Nebraska side of the river. Most locales in Western Iowa & SW Iowa that are serviced by Meidacom in addition to the Omaha locals, also have Des Moines locals.
I agree.

Shocking! An OMAHA newspaper and OMAHA TV stations cover Nebraska issues, what are they thinking.

Also, I'm doubting that there are more TV sets and households in Western Iowa as opposed to the Omaha/Lincoln areas, which I think service about 1.4 million Nebraskans. Even so, I would not read the Des Moines Register or watch a Des Moines TV station hoping to get a bunch of Husker coverage. Let's be real.

I don't think you'll find any Husker fan who is proud of NU's con-conference schedule the last 2 years. This Husker fan is embarrassed to be playing South Dakota St tomorrow.
Agreed. I'm going to the "game" tomorrow, but I'd rather be playing someone decent.

Big 10 teams in general have little to crack on schedule wise. They have been feasting on MAC, Conf. USA, and directional Michigan and Illinois teams for years.

Again, look at my original post. When did I say anything negative about Iowa football. I think Kirk is an excellent coach and I like how he does things. I can only speak for myself and people I know, but I can't ever remember talking about Iowa football, cuz I (and most Nebraska fans) DON'T CARE. Iowa has never been a rival to us, and with the exception of the last few years, has really never been our equal. Our repsonse to Iowa losing is just to take a cut at the a-hole Hawk fans who are overly obsessed with Nebraska. The Husker boards I have seen didn't have any (or little) mention of Iowa until we joined the Big 10.

I still don't hate Iowa football. I dislike their a-hole fans (not all are a-holes).

What really needs to be addressed is not my dislike for a-holes, but your obsession with a team you hate.

You're on an Iowa board, and I'm obsessed with hate for Nebraska? You're the one who "doesn't care", yet you're here.
As far as hating the a-hole Iowa fans... EVERY fan base has them. Yes, even your own fan base. Hence the elitism statement.
I don't hate Nebraska football. I respect the heck out of the program, and it's tradition. I guess the one thing in common is that we both hate the "a-hole fans".
See we found common ground :D

I joined this board because nebraska was joining the big 10. And i live in iowa and have been surrounded by hawkeye fans my entire life. I just wanted to talk football with some fellow passionate fans. Even when we play next year ill still come on here and talk college ball. I freekin LOVE college football, and i love talking about it. So why not talk to opposing fan bases about it. No disrespect, no smack talk just football talk.

You're on an Iowa board, and I'm obsessed with hate for Nebraska? You're the one who "doesn't care", yet you're here.
As far as hating the a-hole Iowa fans... EVERY fan base has them. Yes, even your own fan base. Hence the elitism statement.
I don't hate Nebraska football. I respect the heck out of the program, and it's tradition. I guess the one thing in common is that we both hate the "a-hole fans".
See we found common ground :D
The only reason I became a member here is because I saw a Nebraska thread. And I know we have a-hole fans, never said we didn't.

Can't wait until next year! Cheers! ;)

Latest posts