Husker fans enjoy Iowa loss

Elwood

It would seem Nebraska fan has been waiting for this loss, and are enjoying it a little too much. Every call/e-mail on sports talk in Omaha has to bag on Iowa before they gloat about their win over powerhouse Washington. Iowa has NEVER done anything and NEVER will, they will win the championship for sure! It is getting real old, real fast. I have also been taking a pounding on some other boards(because I am openly a Hawkeye fan). All this hate makes me think they have been a little envious of our success in the last few seasons. Bring on Nov 2011! See you in Lincoln!

The obsession so many of them have about Iowa is interesting. They have a ton going for them, at top-5 all-time program. The level of joy taken with our loss, even before our conference rescues them from the sh*t show that is the big-12, is baffling. I'd think they'd just be satisfied with the historic success of their own program.

They better beware....I am catching major flack over here in SW Iowa too. They have a good QB who can run, still need to see him play a tough defense and how he will react to a pass rush. Their defense has some MAJOR issues. This group is not worthy of their BLACKSHIRT reputation. If Washington has any special teams and could stop anything they would of had a chance in this one. Nebraska has a schedule of a class 4A football team this year...that is the bad news.

Last edited:
It's because they know that over the past 10 yrs we have been better than them. We have 4 top 10's since they last made an appearance there. They're just crawling back out of their holes to run their mouth again.
That said- they are good. Much better than what I thought they'd be this year, and with that joke of a schedule, their season will come down to 1 game- Texas.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't this the same thread one would see on the Husker site if they lost and talked about how we were taking a little too much joy in their defeat?

I think there are probably a lot of fans from other teams enjoying the Iowa loss.

Lots of delusional Iowa fans making crazy predictions will attract a lot of hate.

Fans of other teams only talk smack on teams that are relevant. Congrats Iowa, you are relevant.
Nebraska sees you as a legitimate threat.

It would seem Nebraska fan has been waiting for this loss, and are enjoying it a little too much. Every call/e-mail on sports talk in Omaha has to bag on Iowa before they gloat about their win over powerhouse Washington. Iowa has NEVER done anything and NEVER will, they will win the championship for sure! It is getting real old, real fast. I have also been taking a pounding on some other boards(because I am openly a Hawkeye fan). All this hate makes me think they have been a little envious of our success in the last few seasons. Bring on Nov 2011! See you in Lincoln!

Iowa fans need to stop listening to 1620 the zone. Don't support the station or the advertisers.

They better beware....I am catching major flack over here in SW Iowa too. They have a good QB who can run, still need to see him play a tough defense and how he will react to a pass rush. Their defense has some MAJOR issues. This group is not worthy of their BLACKSHIRT reputation. If Washington has any special teams and could stop anything they would of had a chance in this one. Nebraska has a schedule of a class 4A football team this year...that is the bad news.

Please do explain.

God I hate Nebraska. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Iowa State beats them again this year. It's gonna kill me if Nebraska goes undefeated, and they have a weak enough schedule for them to do it. UGH!!!

Fans of other teams only talk smack on teams that are relevant. Congrats Iowa, you are relevant.
Nebraska sees you as a legitimate threat.
YES, this is it. This treatment is usually resevred for Texas, Oklahoma, or any team that worries them. :cool:

Please do explain.
Ok just hitting the highlights here you J*** A**
Your vaunted blackshirts have played Western Kentucky who gives up an average of 594 yard per game, lost to Kentucky (who even husker fans would agree are a poor football team) 63-28 so Kentucky beat them worst then you did. A WKY team lost to INDIANA the doormat of the B10 (the conference we invited you to) 38-21 and you beat WKY at your historic memorial stadium only 49-10....hhmmmmm.
You played Idaho a 2-1 team that has beat North Dakota who is 1-2 and is not good at all, and an 0-3 UNLV team that barely musters 290 yards per game. Then a Washington team whose special teams are even worse then Iowa's right now....the announcers on ABC called them the worst they had ever seen in a BCS school. This Washington team is averaging 360 yards per game....

• You are giving up 16 ppg to that schedule!!! Don't give me mop up duty not all those scores are in mop up.

• Your opponents have 51 first downs to your 62

• You are giving up 138 yard per game on the ground to 3 VERY POOR RUSHING TEAMS, and in the words of your head coach, "teams are going to test us right up the gut until we show we can stop somebody"
  • Your opponents have an average time of possession of 30:12 to your 29:00 OUCH
  • Your opponents red zone scores are 7 of 8 for a CRISP 88%
  • Your opponents red zone TD's are 5-8 for a 63% OUCH
  • You have 9 sacks against teams that average giving up 7 sacks a game to INFERIOR opponents.
  • You have 14 tackles for loss to 15 for your opponents...who are WEAK.
So in a nutshell your vaunted defense is untested and showing some serious kinks in the armour. Bo has alluded to it...announcers have alluded to it. Hell even the HOMER BOYS on 1620 the zone think they are susceptible to power football right now. Come back and crow after you beat Oklahoma or Texas...or better yet ISU. Bo has yet to beat a rated team in his tenure....

Last edited:
Ok just hitting the highlights here you J*** A**
Your vaunted blackshirts have played Western Kentucky who gives up an average of 594 yard per game, lost to Kentucky (who even husker fans would agree are a poor football team) 63-28 so Kentucky beat them worst then you did. A WKY team lost to INDIANA the doormat of the B10 (the conference we invited you to) 38-21 and you beat WKY at your historic memorial stadium only 49-10....hhmmmmm.
You played Idaho a 2-1 team that has beat North Dakota who is 1-2 and is not good at all, and an 0-3 UNLV team that barely musters 290 yards per game. Then a Washington team whose special teams are even worse then Iowa's right now....the announcers on ABC called them the worst they had ever seen in a BCS school. This Washington team is averaging 360 yards per game....

• You are giving up 16 ppg to that schedule!!! Don't give me mop up duty not all those scores are in mop up.
  • Your opponents have 51 first downs to your 62
  • You are giving up 138 yard per game on the ground to 3 VERY POOR RUSHING TEAMS, and in the words of your head coach, "teams are going to test us right up the gut until we show we can stop somebody"
  • Your opponents have an average time of possession of 30:12 to your 29:00 OUCH
  • Your opponents red zone scores are 7 of 8 for a CRISP 88%
  • Your opponents red zone TD's are 5-8 for a 63% OUCH
  • You have 9 sacks against teams that average giving up 7 sacks a game to INFERIOR opponents.
  • You have 14 tackles for loss to 15 for your opponents...who are WEAK.
So in a nutshell your vaunted defense is untested and showing some serious kinks in the armour. Bo has alluded to it...announcers have alluded to it. Hell even the HOMER BOYS on 1620 the zone think they are susceptible to power football right now. Come back and crow after you beat Oklahoma or Texas...or better yet ISU. Bo has yet to beat a rated team in his tenure....
Thanks for the ammo. Good stuff.

I didnt think he was being rude in asking for you to explain. Dosent require a rude answer.
The wagon man...I tried to explain from a neutral position some shortcomings in Nebraska...every team has them. Your lack of a tough opponent yet is quite obvious. Your schedule is rated as one of the weakest in the country...and that is a fact. Next year you will have Iowa's schedule from 2 years ago...almost exactly, and most Husker fans think they are getting the shaft. Well we just took it as the way it is playing in a tough conference...:cool:

Latest posts