Hubbard Never Practiced a Day.....

ForeverHawk

with the team! Let's not get too excited about him leaving. Iowa wasn't going to compete for the big 10 title with him and they won't without him. This will give younger players a better chance to grow and it will once again open up another scholarship for Fran to bring in another player! I would have like to see Hubbard play for the Hawks, but he have no idea at all what he could have brought to this team???

One more scholarship for Fran to use? I'm not sure that is a good thing as he is having trouble getting good players to say yes

Hubbard is who we "should" have thought he is. You are what you eat... and when you eat 4-year prison term convicts the odds aren't in your favor.

I think it's a blessing in disguise that he's out of here sooner than later.

Last edited:
One more scholarship for Fran to use? I'm not sure that is a good thing as he is having trouble getting good players to say yes

Really, that is your answer? Fran is in his second season for recruiting and Iowa has been one of the worst programs in the Big Ten for a few years. There has been so much negativity about Iowa for over a decade and it is going to take time to change that aura around the program.
I agree a little bit with the OP, Hubbard didn't play a game and everyone is all emotional about this.
This opens up a scholarship for 2013, that is not a bad thing.
As far as having trouble saying "yes" it should be expected, but then a player like Meyer says "yes" to Iowa and it tells me that there is still a lot of good players available for the 2012 class and Iowa has legit shots to get them. I am surprised at this point how many of the top 250 players haven't said "yes" to anyone yet. Fran has had one player leave at this point, he is still light years ahead of previous Staff's retainment record. He has had 8 players say "yes" to Iowa and one has walked away leaving Iowa with 7 players after not even two full recruiting seasons at work.
This may be veiwed as a setback today, but it will be a minor setback in the big picture.

Really, that is your answer? Fran is in his second season for recruiting and Iowa has been one of the worst programs in the Big Ten for a few years. There has been so much negativity about Iowa for over a decade and it is going to take time to change that aura around the program.
I agree a little bit with the OP, Hubbard didn't play a game and everyone is all emotional about this.
This opens up a scholarship for 2013, that is not a bad thing.
As far as having trouble saying "yes" it should be expected, but then a player like Meyer says "yes" to Iowa and it tells me that there is still a lot of good players available for the 2012 class and Iowa has legit shots to get them. I am surprised at this point how many of the top 250 players haven't said "yes" to anyone yet. Fran has had one player leave at this point, he is still light years ahead of previous Staff's retainment record. He has had 8 players say "yes" to Iowa and one has walked away leaving Iowa with 7 players after not even two full recruiting seasons at work.
This may be veiwed as a setback today, but it will be a minor setback in the big picture.

We already had 5 open scholarships!!!! 5!!! You really think we needed the 6th scholarship? Get out of here. We had to go deep into the spring and sign 2 guys just to get 4 guys in this year.

Then you statement is even more absurd. :rolleyes:

Really? Tell me that you wouldn't have traded Bryce for any other PG in the Big 10 last year. If you say you wouldn't have, you don't know bball. He was good for Iowa, but that's cuz he's all we had.

Now my boy Basabe. He's a legit talent. Size and athleticism to compete in the Big 10

Might want to check your math on that one.

He brought in four in his partial initial recruiting period. Yes, Marble/McCabe would likely still be Hawks, but nonetheless he had to get them to stick with Iowa.
I give all the credit to Lick for Fuller and Cougill leaving. The emergence of Cartwright is why Payne left, nothing to do with Fran. Payne would still be a Hawkeye had Cartwright came in and did nothing for Iowa, like lead the league in assists. It is amazing he did lead the league in assists when Iowa was one of the worst shooting teams in the league as well. My math was based on Fran having 4 players in each of his first two classes and one, just one has left anything prior to Basabe/Marble/McCabe/Cartwright cannot be held against Fran, he didn't bring them in.

Cartwright still isn't. Basabe is a stud. Love him!!

Your are high and a horrendous judge of talent. Yes Basabe is a stud. But this team is nowhere without Cartwright. Just wait until he gets hurt this season and sits out a few games.
Basabe can't do his thang if Cartwright isn't getting him the ball.

Really? Tell me that you wouldn't have traded Bryce for any other PG in the Big 10 last year. If you say you wouldn't have, you don't know bball. He was good for Iowa, but that's cuz he's all we had.

Now my boy Basabe. He's a legit talent. Size and athleticism to compete in the Big 10

The only PG's I would have traded Bryce for would have been Morris/Taylor. He is better than the rest, he started shaky, but he finished strong and was a good as any PG in the league in the second half of the season. Are there things like 3-pt shooting he can improve on, yeah, but after Morris/Taylor, he was as good as any other PG in the Big Ten.