Howe's tweet about Orloff

If a prospect isn't committed to the team he says he is then don't friggin commit. There is almost no honor with recruits these days. They're committed until something they think is better comes along. If there is any chance that something better is going to come along, and you would take it if it does, then don't commit in the first place. Players need to honor their commitments unless there is a coaching change or something crazy that is totally unexpected and could legitimately change their mind.

at least not the first year. he'll get the same treatment as Derby and many others before him.

I always shrug people off who say things are impossible. Like I said... he hasn't even begun to be a Hawkeye... if the coaching staff believes Coe will help the team and give Coe a better shot to make the NFL at OLB... he will be an OLB.

Probably nothing to it. I know that if someone offered me a free trip to sunny, southern California during the last weekend in January, I'd accept. Kirk probably told him he would be a fool not to go.

A mountain out of a mole hill & another typical knee jerk reaction.

Sorry, but Kirk and Co would NOT tell a recruit to do such a thing. Once they commit, the coaches are NOT cool with recruits taking other visits unless they had promised to make visits BEFORE announcing their verbal. Furthermore, there is also the consideration of how late in the game things are in the recruiting game. Definitely a "no-no."

If the kid is really thinking of taking the visit (or had taken the visit) ... then it wreaks of the parent having second thoughts. And that could potentially be a reaction to the recent work-out related illnesses of some of the Hawk players. Foolish ... but a possible reaction.

Sorry, but Kirk and Co would NOT tell a recruit to do such a thing. Once they commit, the coaches are NOT cool with recruits taking other visits unless they had promised to make visits BEFORE announcing their verbal. Furthermore, there is also the consideration of how late in the game things are in the recruiting game. Definitely a "no-no."

If the kid is really thinking of taking the visit (or had taken the visit) ... then it wreaks of the parent having second thoughts. And that could potentially be a reaction to the recent work-out related illnesses of some of the Hawk players. Foolish ... but a possible reaction.

My thoughts exactly...if he was upfront with the KF, he will be ok to commit, if not, he may have lost his offer. What I do not understand is that he has not tweeted about any trip...time will tell...

Last edited:
Yep, I'm sure all recruiting trips go just like they did in the movie He Got Game.

Maybe not "He Got Game", but maybe "Johnny Be Good!"

images

The kid made friends with the guys who showed him around...no biggie.

I know it is hard not to think the worst but until he says otherwise I think he will be in IC come fall.

If you google Mike Orloff UCLA - you get 'rumored commitment', 'possible commitment' articles that pop up. they go to pay sites for ucla -

Latest posts