Howe: It's Fitting Nicholas Baer Gets Senior Day to Himself

Best compliment I could think of for Baer... he has some Chris Street in him. Kids hustles, works hard, does what is needed of him, handles himself with complete class, makes his teammates better. And he's a damn good player.

Every team needs a Baer.

What I will remember the most about Baer is his flare for making the big momentum plays. It always seemed in a huge spot he’d come up with a big steal, block, or hit a big 3 to get the crowd and team fired up. That’s why, and rightfully so, he's a fan favorite.

I still remember his freshman year when he got extended minutes against Drake at the Wells Fargo, I think because Uthoff was in foul trouble. Anyway, I’m like who is this goofy walk on and why is he playing? He ends up with 6 blocks and double digit points and I was like wait is this kid actually good? Turns out he was and he continued to get better throughout his career, while still playing with that walk on chip on his shoulder. Awesome story and a great Hawkeye!

I remember that too. I remember saying we have Aaron White as a walkon to show how far our talent has come. I was a little off, but you can probably see why I said it after that game. You are right tho, it was his freshman year. Whitey was on that team. Sophomore year he played UNI, junior year Drake again, and this year UNI.

He’s an incredible kid.

I’ve never heard a negative comment from him, I watch him stay after games, win or lose, and sign autographs and take pictures with fans.

He will be missed on a lot of levels around here.

He is truly living the dream

Latest posts