Howe: Iowa Football Must Address Former Players Speaking Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the stories coming out on Doyle are disgusting. He’s gonna have to face the music here. The thing that seems so weird is how 7 days ago, Doyle was considered mostly responsible for Iowa’s success and culture because he had more exposure with the players than any coach. Iowa needs to act
Some of the stories are Brian now too.

A lot of the stories coming out on Doyle are disgusting. He’s gonna have to face the music here. The thing that seems so weird is how 7 days ago, Doyle was considered mostly responsible for Iowa’s success and culture because he had more exposure with the players than any coach. Iowa needs to act

I have to reverse my course here from yesterday. Doyle will be gone by Monday. When the woke Mob comes for you, it’s over. There is no escaping and at this point to preserve the future of Iowa football it needs to be done.

Honestly I agree. This stuff is all public knowledge Now and as long Doyle is there we’ll never get another black recruit and probably lose current players. Without ISM, Tyrone Tracy, Goodson, gholston, Nixon and hankins this team is dead.

Some of this "accusations" coming out are bad, but that is all they are right now, there is not really any proof of anything. I am not going to yell to fire people till we learn more, i don't want that happening at a school i love. But how Rob can keep fanning the flames with no facts is comical at best!

Some of the stories are Brian now too.[/QUOTE

the only thing on Brian is saying boswell’s tattoo is was stupid and that would be hard to prove as being racist. Ill advised and stupid to say in this current PC world? Yes.

Some of this "accusations" coming out are bad, but that is all they are right now, there is not really any proof of anything. I am not going to yell to fire people till we learn more, i don't want that happening at a school i love. But how Rob can keep fanning the flames with no facts is comical at best!

rob is a good dude and he’s doing what he sees best, but sports journalism is a monolithic far left wing profession. The train has left the station and there will be hell to pay for this staff and There probably should be a price, starting with Doyle. I say have him on the street by Monday and hire a black strength coach from an SEC school who is a current assistant looking for a promotion and a big pay raise.

rob is a good dude and he’s doing what he sees best, but sports journalism is a monolithic far left wing profession. The train has left the station and there will be hell to pay for this staff and There probably should be a price, starting with Doyle. I say have him on the street by Monday and hire a black strength coach from an SEC school who is a current assistant looking for a promotion and a big pay raise.

No you hire somebody who is worthy of the postilion you don't just hire because they are another race period!

Iowa staff is old school, some people can and can't handle that.
It seems like kids are more sensitive to words these days.

In my hometown, we all talked shit to each other, gave each other a hard time and used profanity and slurs. It was was it was, I could see how and outsider could come in and not understand the aggressive culture the kids had built and feel out of place.

Like one of the football players said, there's a reason they don't let players have their Twitter accounts, and there's a reason they don't let every player talk to the press. The press can only report on what gets reported to them.
Ooooooh no. The good ol' boys of Iowa press aren't getting out of this one. If we're having the purge, we're having the purge. What did they know and when did they know it?

Raymond Raimond Braithwaite would be a no brainer

Last edited:
And here all these years, according to many - I thought Fran was the lunatic asshole that needed to go.
Fran seems to be very admired by his players and doesn’t have the twitter restriction thing.

I will admit that I was always supportive of the football twitter ban and I’ve said so on this board. I thought it was put in place to prevent young guys from making dumb statements that they couldn’t retract. Maybe that was part of it, but as long as any part of it was to prevent black players from speaking out it was wrong, and I was wrong.

If you follow Twitter, a good chunk of Iowa sports “journalists” are far out on the activist left fringe.

And for some, have fun reporting on the Iona Gaels in 2021.

Well fellas, it’s been fun...but it’s time for me to tap out.

After witnessing Rob’s tweets last night and this morning, it’s obvious he’s not looking for a conversation, but conformity. Not healing, but a purge.

Any diversity of thought is passed off as “now that’s rich” rather than considered or debated....you know, like what’s supposed to happen in a civilized society that values the free exchange of ideas and viewpoints.

But when the twitter mob is let loose and the media guys are looking to get their virtue signaling street cred, then it’s Katie bar the door because you either get in line and conform or you will be shamed and cancelled. And I’m not going to be part of a site run by someone who’s decided to go down that path.

Make no mistake about it, I want what’s best for the program and ALL the players that come thru the door and call themselves Hawkeyes. And if that means changes need to be made, then so be it, and I will welcome the appropriate change with open arms.

But what I won’t do is be part of something that’s only looking to fan flames, settle old grudges, and everything else other than having open, honest dialogue where all viewpoints are considered equally.

Peace out fellas.

So dozens of players are just making up stories? Or do you not believe these players because... Oh... Hmmm....

Well fellas, it’s been fun...but it’s time for me to tap out.

After witnessing Rob’s tweets last night and this morning, it’s obvious he’s not looking for a conversation, but conformity. Not healing, but a purge.

Any diversity of thought is passed off as “now that’s rich” rather than considered or debated....you know, like what’s supposed to happen in a civilized society that values the free exchange of ideas and viewpoints.

But when the twitter mob is let loose and the media guys are looking to get their virtue signaling street cred, then it’s Katie bar the door because you either get in line and conform or you will be shamed and cancelled. And I’m not going to be part of a site run by someone who’s decided to go down that path.

Make no mistake about it, I want what’s best for the program and ALL the players that come thru the door and call themselves Hawkeyes. And if that means changes need to be made, then so be it, and I will welcome the appropriate change with open arms.

But what I won’t do is be part of something that’s only looking to fan flames, settle old grudges, and everything else other than having open, honest dialogue where all viewpoints are considered equally.

Peace out fellas.

Rob’s job as a reporter is to report the news Regarding Hawkeye sports. Whether you like it or not, this is news regarding Hawkeye sports. I haven’t seen him put much of his own personal input on these stories. They are coming right from the players. I don’t even think that I’ve seen him say whether or not he thinks they are true. These players would have posted this regardless of rob retweeting it. So if you want to have a “conversation” as you say, it starts somewhere. We wouldn’t have it if rob and the rest of the Hawkeye media ignored this.

I think what you are trying to say is “my favorite
Sports team looks bad right now and I’m looking for someone to be mad at”

If you follow Twitter, a good chunk of Iowa sports “journalists” are far out on the activist left fringe.

And for some, have fun reporting on the Iona Gaels in 2021.

Yeah, sports journalists are about as diverse as gun dealers in Alabama. The problem is (at least at Iowa) throwing grenades at the football building will leave you unemployed. Don’t see this stuff from Marc, docterman or leistikow

Rob’s job as a reporter is to report the news Regarding Hawkeye sports. Whether you like it or not, this is news regarding Hawkeye sports. I haven’t seen him put much of his own personal input on these stories. They are coming right from the players. I don’t even think that I’ve seen him say whether or not he thinks they are true. These players would have posted this regardless of rob retweeting it. So if you want to have a “conversation” as you say, it starts somewhere. We wouldn’t have it if rob and the rest of the Hawkeye media ignored this.

I think what you are trying to say is “my favorite
Sports team looks bad right now and I’m looking for someone to be mad at”

Then you are not following his "tweets"

Doyle is history and should be. Also, will his son continue as a player at Iowa or will he transfer? Would be hard for Dillion Doyle to stay.

Will Kirk resign, be fired or stay? Tough call right now

This will most likely kill Brian Ferentz chances of becoming Iowa's next coach.

Will our current recruits bail on Iowa now? We have a great class coming in, now I'm very nervous.

Who replaces Doyle, and they better hire a very qualified person, and not someone just because of the color of their skin.

Could Barta's job be in trouble from all of this?

Will protesters show up at the Iowa football complex tonight? The crowds have been growing in Iowa City. If so, will they vandalize, like spray paint nasty things around Kinnick Stadium and the complex.

Will any current players leave the program because of this?

This could really damage the program, I can't believe I woke up this morning to see all this news. What a horrible 3 1/2 months it's been:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts