Howe Column: Way Too Early to Judge This Iowa Basketball Team

I sought out the best players and the best games that I could find. I took a lot of lumps along the way, in order to improve. That's what I did to get to the point where I won championships. All of those lumps/losses didn't make me a loser. It made me a champion.

Were you an NBA champion? If not, why? You know what you would be if you dedicated your entire life to becoming an NBA champion? A loser.

I was brought up to keep working at something until you didn't fail. I also learned how to get back up after being knocked down, which is the definition of adversity. It would do me no good to continue this conversation any further because I can't even pretend to get into the headspace of your arguement. I would might as well be talking in Swahili.

As for the Wright Brothers, and the test pilots and astronauts that followed them, there were tons of dangerous unknowns out there. They could only know what they were doing to an extent.

So you are living your dream life in every aspect? Multi billionaire? I don't believe that for a second. I guarantee there are plenty of things in your life you've settled on.

Yes my life is rewarding. In ways you'll never know or understand.

I didn't say rewarding. I said perfect. No way dude. Why didn't you decide to become the president? Or a pro athlete? Or a rock star? Or a block buster actor? If you're lucky enough to have your absolute dream job, which I doubt, you could still have dreamt bigger.

If you do something that has a high probability of failure, you will more than likely fail. If you continue to do it over and over, it's only a matter of time before you're a loser.

Also your example of the Wright brothers doesn't make sense because they knew what they were doing. There wasnt a high probability of failure with them. If Iowa fires coach after coach in some attempt to be Ohio State, they will more than likely be Illinois. I think you are minimizing the part of the post that says "high probability of failure". What would your family think of you if you quit your job and dedicated your life to figuring out dark matter? They would probably think you were a loser.
My family, which includes three adopted kids who went through hell you or I can't imagine, thinks more of me than you will ever know.

My spouse fought an eating disorder for years following a miscarriage.

You better start treading lightly and leave this to you and me and keep my family out of this.

And for the record, I've been fired from four jobs in my adult life, which is pretty dark matter, and no one in my family thinks I'm a loser.

Last edited:
My family, which includes three adopted kids who went through hell you or I can't imagine, thinks more of me than you will ever know.

My spouse fought an eating disorder for years following a miscarriage.

You better start treading lightly and leave this to you and me and keep my family out of this.

And for the record, I've been fired from four jobs in my adult life, which is pretty dark matter, and no one in my family thinks I'm a loser.

Well then stop pretending you're some perfect guy who always goes after everything he wants despite terrible odds of actually achieving it. If I truly believed you actually lived your life that way, I would truly believe you were a loser. Very few people throw away all the good they have for some miracle chance at something virtually unattainable. The people who do do that end up being losers. At some point you have to be happy with what you have, otherwise you will never be happy..

And stop pretending I attacked your family. I didn't even attack you.

Well then stop pretending you're some perfect guy who always goes after everything he wants despite terrible odds of actually achieving it. If I truly believed you actually lived your life that way, I would truly believe you were a loser. Very few people throw away all the good they have for some miracle chance at something virtually unattainable. The people who do do that end up being losers. At some point you have to be happy with what you have, otherwise you will never be happy..

And stop pretending I attacked your family. I didn't even attack you.
It's late. I'm going to bed.:)

61ZfoLVFjnL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

GoodNight to all.....

:cool:

Last edited:
Were you an NBA champion? If not, why? You know what you would be if you dedicated your entire life to becoming an NBA champion? A loser.
I know that you have no idea about what it takes to compete for titles. I won several. I can't even call you a loser because you never even tried.

I know that you have no idea about what it takes to compete for titles. I won several. I can't even call you a loser because you never even tried.

You're right. I haven't spent a single minute of my life trying to compete for NBA titles.