Howard should be done at Michigan

No excuse for Howard's actions but WI called a TO with 15 seconds left and a 15 point lead. There's probably some history behind all of this.
one of the reports I watched on this said Michigan was still running a full-court press when Wisconsin had all back-ups in. I agree that a TO with 15 seconds shouldn't occur but if Michigan is going to keep pressing into the end, Wisconsin can call the TO to help their players out.

Howard's just pissed because unnecessary timeouts at the end of games have haunted him since he played in college.

Maybe Gard shouldn't have called timeout, but if you didn't see end of the game, Wisky had the end of the bench in and Michigan had starters in a full court trapping press. The had just gotten a steal and basket. Wisky got the ball batted out of bounds with 4 seconds left on the 10 second count and were taking it out of bounds under the Michigan basket. He called timeout to get them up the court. If you want to press, fine, but you doing that is saying that the game isn't over, or at least that you're still playing the game full out, so Wisky's supposed to roll over and play dead? They had the right to play the game too. My biased opinion because I've hated Michigan in all sports for a long time. Never been a Howard fan back to the Fab Five days.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the end of the game but from what I’m seeing there was nothing that even comes close to deserving a physical altercation. Howard said he was defending himself. Looked like he threw the first punch. He seems like a decent guy but he obviously has a anger management problem. I don’t remember what happened the last time he had a problem but it seems like he also used the excuse that he needed to defend himself. He should face serious consequences if he doesn’t lose his job.

one of the reports I watched on this said Michigan was still running a full-court press when Wisconsin had all back-ups in. I agree that a TO with 15 seconds shouldn't occur but if Michigan is going to keep pressing into the end, Wisconsin can call the TO to help their players out.
Here is the link to the last few seconds. The timeout occurs after the ball goes out of bounds with 15 seconds left.

Howard's just pissed because unnecessary timeouts at the end of games have haunted him since he played in college.

Maybe Gard shouldn't have called timeout, but if you didn't see end of the game, Wisky had the end of the bench in and Michigan had starters in a full court trapping press. The had just gotten a steal and basket. Wisky got the ball batted out of bounds with 4 seconds left on the 10 second count and were taking it out of bounds under the Michigan basket. He called timeout to get them up the court. If you want to press, fine, but you doing that is saying that the game isn't over, or at least that you're still playing the game full out, so Wisky's supposed to roll over and play dead? They had the right to play the game too. My biased opinion because I've hated Michigan in all sports for a long time. Never been a Howard fan back to the Fab Five days.

Yeah, was it the National Championship game that Weber called a non-existent timeout

Fab Five had to slink off the court in sad defeat

Alas and Alack

I thought an assistant threw the first punch. Did Juwan throw? Anyone who throws a punch in a handshake line should be

I just got home from being in the Twin Cities and didn't see the game. Was Davison pulling his usual shit? He's getting worse and worse and is always an injury to the opposing player waiting to happen.

From one angle it looked like a little girl slap

Word is: Juwan used to beat up little girls in kindergarten

Patrick got a layup blocked and a forearm to the face by Young

While he was almost on the floor

It was dirty

Quick and blocked from the zebra's view

I saw another replay that slowed it down and it was a weird slap to the top and side of the head. Like others have said I’m not sure he survives this. I hate to see a guy lose his job but the leader of your team can’t be setting this kind of example. It turned into a dangerous situation when Michigan players started throwing haymakers. Michigan should be having players suspended for multiple games.

Here is a video with raw content. Notice the ending where all of the sudden Davison is big and bad, taunting Michigan back on to the court along with Gard who is doing nothing to stop it.

Gard should have taken his team off the court! Game is over, they got the win why instigate more crap by going through the hand shake line and then grabbing Howards?

Here is a video with raw content. Notice the ending where all of the sudden Davison is big and bad, taunting Michigan back on to the court along with Gard who is doing nothing to stop it.

Gard should have taken his team off the court! Game is over, they got the win why instigate more crap by going through the hand shake line and then grabbing Howards?

I think you’re misinterpreting what Davison is doing. He keeps saying we’re singing. We’re singing varsity. Fight song? I’m also wondering if both locker rooms are down the same tunnel because it seems to me that they are waiting for Michigan to get out of their way. Gard should not have grabbed Howard but that’s no excuse to escalate to a physical confrontation. Crazy. It will be interesting to see what suspensions will be handed out.

Should consideration be given for the fact that Howard was doing his best to just get through the line and then Gard grabbed him. Howard was initially just trying to get the heck out of dodge because he knew he was close to losing it but Gard didn’t let him and then it spiraled out of control.

last season, Illinois at Iowa a similar situation occurred

An illini player made aggressive moves toward Connor and the Illini assistant
coaches started yelling at the Hawkeye coaches

Fran swiped his arm in disgust pointed to the locker room, turned around, and herded his crew and players off the floor immediately

Immediately

Last edited:
In a closer look at what transpired after the game, Gard made the first wrong move by grabbing Juwan...that started it. Wisky assistant coach didn't help the situation either. He came in trash talking and Juwan threw out the weird slap/punch.