How will Pat McCaffery compare to Wieskamp?

You are a confusing one TK, always taking shots at Hawks or future Hawks, and always loving you some transfer Hawks, decommits, or kids who don't get Hawk offers. Seems very odd for a "fan".
Ironically, I've talked up Connor on too many occasions to count. Some people would just say I'm trying to be unbiased. It does make me smile that it bothers you and PC so much. :D

Ironically, I've talked up Connor on too many occasions to count. Some people would just say I'm trying to be unbiased. It does make me smile that it bothers you and PC so much. :D

Noticing a trend and pointing it out = bothering us so much.

All day long.

tenor.gif

I would agree, you have talked up Connor some (while bashing Pat mostly), saying Connor's ceiling is higher, and whatnot. I'm pretty sure you have also ripped both extensively for the way they tweeted over an incident.

Plus where did I say you NEVER said nice things about Hawkeye players? I said you take lots of shots at Hawkeye players, and you do. I also said you love you some Hawk transfers, decommits, and players who don't get offers, and you do. Both of my statements are 100% correct.

I would agree, you have talked up Connor some (while bashing Pat mostly), saying Connor's ceiling is higher, and whatnot. I'm pretty sure you have also ripped both extensively for the way they tweeted over an incident.

Plus where did I say you NEVER said nice things about Hawkeye players? I said you take lots of shots at Hawkeye players, and you do. I also said you love you some Hawk transfers, decommits, and players who don't get offers, and you do. Both of my statements are 100% correct.
Love/Hate relationships are pretty common nowadays.

Based solely on what I’ve seen this season and with what we think is returning next year, I just don’t see any minutes for Dailey anywhere in the mix.
Odds are high that both Pemsl and Nunge are gonna get their 5-10 each. Even if T Cook leaves I don’t see where Dailey would get any PT other than mop-up time.
The tires are really come off his game, he is really not protecting the ball right now and not looking to score. I watched Rutgers players blow by him and he's the defensive stopper. I don't see him being trusted by Fran right now, unless there's an injury.

Agree with some that Patrick’s game is Baer+. From that standpoint, he’ll fill a need as Baer is graduating. But he certainly could use more strength.

Agree that JoeT is a step in the right direction for filling defensive and penetrating abilities at the point. However, experience is definitely a factor in our turnaround this year. Hence, Dailey will be deep in the bench but he could still be valuable.

In other news, as much as I like Pemsl’s intangibles, he’s not big enough to play post on P5 teams that want to finish in the top half of their leagues. He’s not skilled or quick enough to play forward. Unless CP’s picking up some major skills this offseason, Nunge’s upside is much higher. He and Pemsl were played out of position last year. The problem is, Nunge was played at the 3-4 and he’s really a 4-5 or even 5-4. While Pemsl was played at the 4 when he’s really a 5, where he’s too short to be effective consistently, especially now that he’s slimmed down.

Cook could come back if he is committed to developing his outside shot and furthering his defensive improvement at Iowa. If he’s got the patience for college life, it’s probably his best all-around option.

JoeW will be the star with Garza supporting if Cook doesn’t return. If he does have the guts for sharing the spotlight, Cook and Iowa could be really special.
Pemsl hit a pretty jump shot and held his own against ISThug, if he plays like that they'll be a place for him. He really is a good athlete that got a raw deal. I'm rooting for him.

Wieskamp has been ready for college B-ball for a couple of years, which he has proven this season.

Pmac’s rating is based on potential. If it all comes together he could be a very rare 6’9 player who can handle it, pass, and shoot, both inside and out, but right now he is rail thin with a below average outside shot.

My hope is that Pmac redshirts and continues to bulk up and work on his shot. If he doesn’t redshirt my expectations for his production would be a high energy player off the bench used for short spurts. Nothing more.

I doubt that he redshirts. I expect about the same as you for his role. Year 1 I expect a rim runner in transition, a crafty rebounder, a decent ball handler for a big and length to disrupt passing lanes in the zone I pray that Fran keeps.

I doubt that he redshirts. I expect about the same as you for his role. Year 1 I expect a rim runner in transition, a crafty rebounder, a decent ball handler for a big and length to disrupt passing lanes in the zone I pray that Fran keeps.
Crafty rebounder? He has a tough time rebounding in high school.

Joe can throw it down to. I guess it depends what you think makes up athleticism. Pat can probably jump higher. To me body control is a factor as is strength. You mention length, but it’s been reported that Joe has a 7’ wingspan, and as I noted in another thread today Pat’s wingspan measured at 6’6 at the team USA tryout.

To me I think they are pretty close in terms of athleticism. I know @PCHawk would take Joe.
I think Joe is more athletic than Patrick. I saw Keegan Murray shut Patrick down, a week ago. Patrick couldn't beat him off the dribble. Murray is the same height/length as Patrick. I'm not counting on much in the way of immediate contributions from Patrick but he might surprise us.

Based solely on what I’ve seen this season and with what we think is returning next year, I just don’t see any minutes for Dailey anywhere in the mix.
Odds are high that both Pemsl and Nunge are gonna get their 5-10 each. Even if T Cook leaves I don’t see where Dailey would get any PT other than mop-up time.

I hope Dailey stays. I think he has a back up role similar to the Bear.

Agree with some that Patrick’s game is Baer+. From that standpoint, he’ll fill a need as Baer is graduating. But he certainly could use more strength.

Agree that JoeT is a step in the right direction for filling defensive and penetrating abilities at the point. However, experience is definitely a factor in our turnaround this year. Hence, Dailey will be deep in the bench but he could still be valuable.

In other news, as much as I like Pemsl’s intangibles, he’s not big enough to play post on P5 teams that want to finish in the top half of their leagues. He’s not skilled or quick enough to play forward. Unless CP’s picking up some major skills this offseason, Nunge’s upside is much higher. He and Pemsl were played out of position last year. The problem is, Nunge was played at the 3-4 and he’s really a 4-5 or even 5-4. While Pemsl was played at the 4 when he’s really a 5, where he’s too short to be effective consistently, especially now that he’s slimmed down.

Cook could come back if he is committed to developing his outside shot and furthering his defensive improvement at Iowa. If he’s got the patience for college life, it’s probably his best all-around option.

JoeW will be the star with Garza supporting if Cook doesn’t return. If he does have the guts for sharing the spotlight, Cook and Iowa could be really special.

If TC leaves, Pemsl will take his place...Garza, Kriener, Pemsl, maybe Nunge?

I know he's skinny, but if he has half the fire of Connor and Fran, he will play bigger than he is.

Latest posts