How should we feel . . .

WilcoHawk

. . . about the fact that almost everyone is picking Iowa to win (albeit closely)? To be honest, I feel good about this game, but suddenly having all of the "experts" picking us makes me uneasy for some reason. Perhaps because it will give Wisky more motivation? I'm not sure.

It does seem kind of odd that everyone is picking the hawks after Becky Badger beat Brutus last week. Oh, well. I think both teams will be motivated to the moon tomorrow. Both teams know what this game means. It'll be war. I'll be loud. I hope everyone joins me.

I think some (experts) are trying to find one more reason to believe in Iowa this year. Maybe trying to gear up early to get on the bandwagon? Herby really gave Iowa some props this week. Here comes another one of those games where the spotlight is on us and we need to produce.

it should make you feel nervous, but teams take on persona of their coach. our coach is humbler than humble. so, they won't think they don't have to fight their tail ends off to get the big W against lil w.

I'm ready to throw up. I hate that they keep talking about this being a letdown game for Wisky. Hate it. It'll be a great game and, as a fan, you couldn't ask for anything more. As a Hawkeye fan, I'm a nervous wreck.

It makes me feel like we have a damn fine football team and program. Expect to win! Go Hawks!

Exactly! I don't have a problem with being picked to win. You can't be a big time program if you only win the big games when you're picked to lose.

I don't think it matters what people are saying....the hawks' will be ready regardless..
I'm predicting a big win for the hawks!

If you want to be great, you have to be able to handle this. If we lose again tomorrow with those increased expectaitons and microscope, then it shows that we are a good but not great program.

You can't be great always being under the radar.

If Iowa plays the way their capable on Offense and Defense, they should win every game left on their schedule by 2 scores. Will they?.........who knows, but given the next two are at home against teams that Iowa always match up well with, I find it hard to believe too many games will be nail biters.

We definitely need to play to our capabilities. But when we do, I'm not sure there's anybody who can touch us. Herby and Robert Smith both have said in the last week that Iowa is the best in the Big 10. That's a pair of Buckeyes saying the HAWKEYES are better. We can't wilt under the pressure to be great, when greatness is something we're capable of.

Iowa is the better team. That's why everyone is picking them. That's all that means.

I am glad that when people talk football Iowa is mentioned among the top teams. I think it funny on other boards, when people say, "Iowa is the only good team you play(ed). " It will be a good game and all fingers are crossed hoping the Hawks win. Which is one reason I have had to correct so many errors writing this.

Who cares? The majority of the people that cover this team - and I'm talking blogs, sites like this, national/local media, sports radio, etc... - are going to pick the Hawks to win every game remaining on the schedule.

I happen to like this new reality.

Latest posts